Cheondung- Kissing in the rain

MBLAQ One Shots

Prompt: Kissing Thunder in the rain

Person: Thunder/Cheondung/Park Sanghyun

Music listened to: BTOB- Hello Mello

---

 

All you could hear was the soft lulling patter of raindrops gently plopping on the top of the café that you had been sitting in for several hours. Why had you been there for so long?

 

You had finally decided to admit your feelings to your close friend, Park Sanghyun. Yes, the very same who had just recently departed from MBLAQ on friendly terms. You had admired and loved him for so many years but you, damn your shy and timid demeanor. He had never seemed to notice your affections, instead always beaming that handsome smile at you.

 

Stupid Sanghyun.

 

Pitter patter

 

The soft sounds gently put your mind at ease as you checked your cell phone seeing that it was nearing 5 pm. You had been waiting for him since noon. Releasing a shaky sigh, you resigned yourself to the obvious fact that you were stood up by him. You stood, and glumly exited the café out into the pouring rain.

 

The roads were nearly empty as the rain fell like tears from the sky. That’s how your heart felt; heavy and wet with tears. You didn’t even have a hood or an umbrella. You didn’t care either, you merely trudged through the endless stream of rain that coated you and chilled you right to your bones.

 

You hadn’t even realized that tears were slipping down your cheeks, mixing with the cool rain. You began to sob silently; the feeling of being stood up breaking your heart. Not even a text, a simple freaking text. After all of your years of friendship, he owed you at least that much.

 

Your feet moved step after heavy step as you cried even harder.

 

“______!!!”

 

You could deftly hear someone yelling your name, the sound of feet slamming into puddles as they made their way to you. The very precious you who had accidentally been hurt by his busy schedule.

 

You didn’t even bother lifting your head as you continued your sluggish walk towards your house that wasn’t too far. “______, stop!” He called again. That damn nagging voice of the one who blew you off. Had he finally decided to grace you with his idol presence?

 

He reached you, nearly slipping and grabbed your drenched arm. Your head lifted and your eyes met as he breathed heavily, the hat on his head getting coated in the nonstop flow of rain. His face appeared so remorseful as he grabbed your other arm, turning you fully to him.

 

“Sanghyun…” You muttered, averting your eyes to the slick ground.

 

“____ Ah, I’m really sorry for making you wait so long, but seriously, why are you out in the rain like this? You’re going to get sick!” He worried deeply for you, a frown on his lips as he peered at you. It was easy to notice that you had been crying. That tore at his heart. Did he cause this?

 

“I got sick of waiting and wanted to go home. I had no umbrella so I had no choice.” Your reply was softly spoken, suddenly feeling something heavy draped over your head and body. You finally allowed your eyes to glance up and saw that he was missing his heavy jacket. His buff body was shivering as the rain showered down on him, but he was smiling warmly at you.

 

The heat from just that subtle curve of his lips brought a warmth to your heart that could light a candle even in this rain. “Thank you, Sanghyun…” You whispered and he grinned, rubbing his arms with his hands to create heat. “I would be a bad guy if I just let you catch a cold like this because of me, right?” He beamed at you, slightly smirking.

 

This caused you to totally forget your irritation with him. He was so sweet and such a gentleman. “Sanghyun, you’re the best man to me.” You blurted out and he laughed. “What? Me? Since when was I that to you?” He seemed genuinely curious but you couldn’t hold back anymore. Something about him being there standing in the rain with you and being so caring spurred you to be spontaneous.

 

Screw all these romantic notions of admitting your many years of love to him.

 

You leaned on your tip toes and placed each hand on his broad shoulders and placed a gentle yet assured kiss to his full lips. He was caught by surprise, despite the cool rain pelting him, he felt a heat build in his body at this. His innocent little friend had just kissed him.

 

His strong arms suddenly wrapped around you, urging you close to his body and deeper into his arms. His lips pressed against yours with a fervor and the cold air couldn’t stop the heat that the pair were creating. The y composer pulled away, sniffling slightly as he sneezed. You giggled softly as you leaned up and kissed his wet nose.

 

“I like you so much, Park Sanghyun.” You confided this to him finally, a soft smile about your lips as the rain seemed to subside, the drops seeming more like light drizzles. Your absolutely adorable confession brought a bright smile to his lips. “Funny that you should say that. I was actually planning on telling you that I like you too.” He laughed as he was speaking, those adorable teeth of his brightening an already extremely handsome face.

 

“You were too? Aish, don’t play with me, Doongie ah!” You gently shoved his wet arm and he chuckled as you took a moment to allow your hand to linger on his hard chiseled biceps. Good god he was buff! “You think I came running out here in the pouring rain for nothing, _____ah? Get real! Who wouldn’t like a cute girl like you?” He was laughing once again as he spoke, his cheeks faintly pink with a blush at admitting this.

 

Despite the ‘cool’ way that he tried to act with you, he was still that somewhat shy boy underneath that absolutely gorgeous exterior. That boy who was still lacking in experience with women even though he was a hallyu idol. Park Sanghyun was such a humble and lovable man. A man that you loved more than anyone else.

 

“Cute? Stop trying to act cool~” You whined cutely as he leaned over and quickly pecked your cheek. “I hope you’ll think I’m cool, because I really do like you.” He was suddenly serious, laying that smolder on you. Whooo he had surely grown up hadn’t he?

 

The rain had completely halted, the sun peeking out from behind a large white cloud, signifying that the early evening would be looking up for the adorable young pair.

 

Meeting his deep gaze, you wrapped your arms around his waist and embraced him. His body was perfect for hugs, you realized after he wrapped those strong protective arms around you again. Boy, you could get used to being right there with him like this.

 

“So uh….what’s going on between us now?” He asked, causing you to burst into laughter. Yes. This was the Park Sanghyun that you remember, not this y man before you now. Not that you were complaining in the least bit about his appeal. “I don’t know, what do you think?” You cheekily replied. “Are we together?” He inquired further and you nodded, your wet hair sticking to your cheeks.

 

His eyes widened just a little bit at the vigorous nod and absolutely elated look on your pretty face. “We are?” You flicked his chest with an eye roll. “Yes, Sanghyun! Do I need to spell it out for you?” Your hands rested on your hips at that point as he gazed down at you. “Cool.” He aloofly spoke with that adorable lazy grin that you were used to.

 

Leave it to Park Sanghyun to simply say ‘Cool’ at the two of you dating. But that was one of the things that you adored about him. He was never too serious but somewhat shy and smartassed. You liked his personality and he was pretty much perfect in your eyes. Who ever thought that you would end up dating the man who had eluded your love for so many years?