Mir- Suicidal

MBLAQ One Shots

 

This was it for you. It had all been too much for you these past few months. Terrible things kept happening to you, all the while, you kept some semblance of optimism, despite your life crumbling around you. But this time...no, this was the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak. Your optimism had deserted you, along with the love of your life, whom you have been dating for years. 

 

Of course, he couldn't just cleanly leave your side, no, he had to have been having an affair with a gorgeous co-star, and you with your normal and plain looks could not compete. This was one hit too many.

 

First, you lost a dear family member, got into an accident and injured yourself badly, then THIS. 

 

You felt as though you had nothing to live for at this point. Your heart was shattered beyond recognition, and you had decided right there and then that you would end your life. Not just some impulsive thought, no. You had thought hard, your tears not falling yet. You had plenty of time to cry in those moments before you ended your miserable life.

 

So there you stood on the roof of your 12 story apartment building, the steadily pouring rain drenching you and cooling you to the core. You didn't tell anyone, said no goodbyes. You didn't want any interruptions, just for all this pain to end. Your feet drug you towards the edge, heavy sluggish step after step until you were at your destination. 

 

You didn't dare to glance down, because if you did, you would lose your nerve. You’re afraid of heights, and with that thought, you chuckled grimly. With one deep breath, you took a moment to think. The silence mixed with the dull-thudding of the rain provided you with a Zen like atmosphere. Your body began to quiver, tears coating your cheeks as you openly wept, knowing nobody would miss you.

 

Clearly you were wrong.

 

"___- ah?! What are you doing over there in the rain?!" Came the voice of your best friend Cheolyong, and you cursed inwardly, forgetting that weeks ago you had made plans to hang out at your apartment. You didn't reply, instead, shifted yourself towards the edge of the building, your whole body trembling as the rain continued to pour without fail.

 

Mir was confused, he had called you dozens of times in the last few days and was pondering why you hadn't answered any of his texts or phone calls with that cute and cheerful voice of yours. He got worried, considering that you ALWAYS answered his calls and texts, no matter where you were or who you were with. So he voiced his concern to his bandmates and came to your apartment to check on you, but you weren’t there. Finally, after searching, he found you on the roof for some odd reason. One thing he did know, was that you, the girl he secretly loves and yearns for, was awfully close to the edge of the building while weeping. It tore at his heart. It also scared the out of him that you were just a step away from falling off of the roof of the twelve story building, especially the wet ground making it easy to accidentally trip and plummet to your demise.

 

The Maknae shifted his umbrella to his left hand and took a few wary steps towards you. "Hey, why are you crying?" His voice was soft, but you said nothing at all, your silence bewildering him even further. 

 

A few more steps...and you held your hand out in a standoffish manner, indicating that your best friend should not come any closer. 

 

"L-Leave me alone!" Your voice was trembling, Mir halting in his tracks as he gazed at you with a look of utter confusion. "Just calm down and tell me what you're doing out here, you'll get sick, silly girl...” He held his hand out to you with a look of reassurance, that you didn't want. Couldn't you just kill yourself in peace?!

 

"I'm done here, Cheolyong." He scrunched his face up a little, completely and utterly confused at this point. "Excuse me? I don't even understand." You let out a ragged sigh, swiping the back of your rain drenched hand across your eyes to wipe the tears that clouded your vision. 

 

"I'm DONE. I'm jumping off this building and there's nothing you or anyone can do to stop me." Your voice was quiet, yet held an air of finality. Several different emotions flashed across the young rappers face. Utter shock, surprise, but the settled expression was anguish. It was an expression that you rarely ever saw on his face, even with how long you knew him, he always was the one who was strong for you when things were bad. So this…this was odd for you to see.

 

"W-what?!" He tossed his umbrella aside and ran on the slippery rooftop to you, slipping but hastily getting back to his feet. You warily watched him approach you, his black hair drenched, sticking to his face and covering his eyes somewhat. Taking a step back to gasp, slipping on the wet surface of the roof, you closed your eyes, hoping that this was the end. Finally.

 

However, that wasn't the case.

 

You heard Mir grunt, his strong arms wrapping around you as you both fell to the hard ground on the roof roughly. He had made sure he had taken the brunt of the hard tile, cursing under his breath at the pain in his back. You let out an ‘oof’ as you fell on top of him, his arms cradling you tightly to his body, almost too tight. Your eyes shot open, only to see the pained face of your best friend. You knew he had back issues, and felt terrible, stupid that you had nearly slipped and fell off the roof, causing Mir to grab onto you and fall to the ground, getting hurt in the process. Not like you slipping was such an accident, it was what you wanted after all.

 

You could only observe his face with a distraught look, he was writhing in pain, whimpering as he arched his back over and over in apparent pain…which felt rather awkward considering that you were still being held tightly to him. His facial features were twisted in pain, him gritting his teeth while groaning. God. You were such a selfish …

 

"Mir...are you...-" He interrupted you."_______! Don't ever do that again! You won't even talk to me, when we've been friends for so long and you just..."his voice broke as he tried to stop the tears that streaked his cheeks. “You hurt my feelings that way! Yaaah, you wanna die, wae?! WAE?! Because that hurt you? There are better men out there!" He yelled, hugging you impossibly closer to his soaked body. His voice was rough and raw, husky as he glared right into your eyes.

 

You pushed against his hold, but he wouldn't relent, even when you slapped him. His eyes widened, but in a moment, his hands firmly held your wrists, to ensure that you would not be smacking him anymore. "It's not just him, Cheolyong. My sister passed away too..." Your voice was meek, averting his gaze. "Do you honestly think she would want you doing something foolish like ending your life?! Huh?!" His words resonated something within you, he was right, but you didn't care. You just wanted it to end. All of your pain to just fade away.

 

"It’s not her life, or mine, because mine will be over soon enough." Your voice was cold and the words like icy thorns in his heart. At this point, all he could think of how incomplete his life would be without you. Your bright smile, your optimistic and upbeat words of inspiration. Seeing your face at most of MBLAQ's concerts and bringing him and his band home cooked lunches when they got tired of eating kimchi fried rice. How could he go on without you?!

 

His eyes flooded with tears as he tightened his hold on you, uncontrollably sobbing. His body began to quake with the force of his sobs, he couldn't control how his heart was being ripped apart. You were unsure of what to do...your heart kept telling you to just hug him and give in but...

 

"Please...please don't leave me in this world without you..."His voice was barely audible through all of his sobs, not really understanding what he was saying as he buried his face in the crook of your neck. “Don’t do it...don't do this...I'll be there for you, I'll do anything, just don't do this, _____" he hiccupped rather cutely, sniffling. His wet and glossy puppy dog eyes gazed at you, urging you to listen to his words.

 

You didn't know what to say or do, but you didn't wanna die anymore. Something about being in Cheolyongs arms just felt...right. Even though drenched and shivering in the cold rain, you felt a warmth inside your heart. How could he so easily change your stubborn mind and melt the ice around your heart? 

 

Hearing his sobs brought on a fit of sobs of your own, clutching him while both of you wept, holding on to each other. Mir pulled back, wiping the tears from his cheeks, which were red and puffy due to his crying, gently placed his thumb to your cheek, swiping off your stray tears.

 

"Don't kill yourself for that guy, you're worth more than that anyway. He’ll regret it eventually anyway." He said with a lopsided smile. "He really hurt me..." You sighed, running your fingers through your wet hair, sniffling. The rain had stopped a moment ago, thankfully. "I told you, ____-ah, there are much better guys out there for you. Closer than you think." You thought on his words, contemplating. Did he mean one of his friends liked you?! You hoped it was Byunghee Oppa, he's just so handsome.

 

"Like who?" You smiled just a little, a slight lifting of your lips with a short chuckle. Mir appeared a bit smug for a moment, pulling away from you to point his thumb at himself. "You're looking at him. Hehe." With a boyish smile, reaching all the way to his eyes, he blushed a little. You couldn't help but laugh, you could recall your Unnie, Lin telling you that she was sure the goofy Maknae of MBLAQ was in love with you but of course, you shrugged it off as one of her many over observations. Apparently she was right.

 

"Yaaah, why are you laughing at me?" He pouted, resembling Hajin when he didn't get what he wanted. "It's because my Unnie told me she's sure that you have feelings for me and I ignored it, then she's right!" You smiled a bit timidly, taking one of his hands in yours and holding it idly, lacing your fingers with his. "Not feelings, baby girl, love.” He was dead serious, his voice soft and rather loving. But in a moment he smiled with a chuckle, shaking his head while speaking. “Yaaaah, you're embarrassing me...you should know I love you." He placed a gentle kiss to your forehead, standing up while pulling you with him. 

 

You couldn't even look up into his beautiful eyes, you didn't know what to say or how you felt. "Thanks for saving me, Cheolyong." You squeezed his hand, assuring him that even though you didn't say it, you loved the mystery that is Bang Cheolyong. Goofy one minute and serious and determined the next. He placed a kiss to the top of your damp hair tenderly, draping his arm over one of your petite shoulders. "Jagi, you're my all, I didn't save you...I saved me. Hehe." 

 

With that said, your cheeks heated up brightly, softly uttering "I love you too, idiot..." The pair walked back inside the building, a hallway leading to an elevator, smirking wide, leaning closer. "What was that, huuuuh?" You cutely pouted, playfully smacking at his rain soaked arm, shushing him.

 

You didn't know how or why Mir always seemed to save you, change your mind, but you were grateful for him. There was nothing worse than not being able to see his face, you decided right then and there that he would be your reason for living.

 

♥♥♥

Prompt: Wanting to commit suicide but Mir holding you tight, crying, begging you not to.

Person: Bang Cheolyong-Mir-

Song: SHINee- One for me/B.A.P-Save me

Pic cr: Mirmi

Scenario cr: http://mblaq-imagines.tumblr.com/