Step 27. Let her be your comfort.

Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that night, everything was better. I mean, I'm not complaining. I mean, I know I was. Ah! Well... Yeah, I was a bit lonely. In Dara's heart ache due to the loss of her mother and her family, I felt left behind. I know it was dumb, but if I can fix it. I mean, how am I supposed to do that. Her mother once told me that part of my undeniable charm to Dara was me being this needy kid. I'm not proud of it or anything, but after that selfish I miss you bit... Well, everything became better.

Dara told me I make her happy and jeez, I... I'm embarrassed to say it makes me so damn proud. I feel kind of like a man. Haha. Please, please look away. This is embarrassing.

But after that night, it was better. I woke up to the scent of ham and garlic, and soft sizzle of oil. And you do know that my place is ty, right? That it's nothing but a big garage with some haphazardly placed furniture and appliance... So my bed is somewhere near the stove as it is somewhere near the bathroom door and the one couch and the TV... Well everything is near everything as, well, my place is nothing but a cramped garage that were filled with stuff... So when I woke up, it was an instant view of Dara's back, with her arm raised holding chopsticks.

She was still in these really cute pyjamas. It was one of those really simple sights. But argh, it's so cute! So dang cute! How is the sight of her cooking when I wake up the best thing I have ever seen in my life! Argh. I am turning into a sappy little ! I am too in love with her! I groaned stuffing a pillow on my flushed face. To shame! To shame!

She may have noticed the small commotion I was making as I tousled in bed and made ridiculous groaning noises, because the next thing I knew she was gently tugging at my elbow, calling out, "Seung hyun? Are you having a nightmare?"

I peered out of the pillow, and Dara was wearing this look of concern, one the lined the middle of her brows. Jeez. She is too cute.

"No." I muttered low. I am not having a nightmare. I am having the best dream ever.

She purses her lips quizzically and at that point, I just pulled her to me. I can do this because I'm her boyfriend, okay? Don't you think of me like some , okay? I like her. So a little bit of skinship is okay! I pull her arm, slipped my hand around that small curve of her waist and raised my lips so it could meet hers. Ah! I should worry about my morning breath! But that thought slipped away, as I find her small hands on my jaw, and well... I guess, her kissing me back is kind of distracting.


###

The thing was... Her mom said... The thing she liked about me... Is that I am a spoiled brat. I'm a greedy piece of ... And she liked that. I think of this things as I nibble at the burnt ham she prepared for our breakfast. Ah! I feel bad! But good also. It's stupid. I know it was a ing fire hazard! I mean, making out while the pan was starting to smoke some black ! I mean... That's dangerous!

But I was on top of her, kissing her jaw, my hand up her shirt... Okay, shut up, I may have felt a ... But shut up. I am a hot blooded teen! And I like her and she didn't really protest or... I mean she was making these sounds. sounds! I mean, my Dara doesn't make those sounds. Except she was! And the smoke alarm goes off! And holy crap!

I was a bit relieved.

It's only been a month and some days... You know, Jiyong said... The longer I wait the more I show that I'm serious. But it's tough. It's tough. She's been extra feely. I like it. The morning hugs... And she has developed this habit of running her hands (both hands) through my hair... And jeez, my head goes , , ... And man! I'm getting really greedy! And her mom said greedy is the part Dara likes about me, but Jiyong said I should wait... And it's twisted! Because her mom can't mean greedy in this way right? Right?

After breakfast of burnt ham though, she sends me out to school. Her work doesn't start until mid afternoon. So she'd send me off, in her cute little pyjamas and she'd say bye and smile that smile that was half still not all that happy but it was getting there. I like those smiles. It made me feel all weak and . Shut up! I know I'm a loser. But I like her... You know? So I bow my head down, and demand, "kiss me."

And she'd hesitate, and blush and how is that hot? I don't know. But then her hands will be on my throat, she'd be in tip toes and her lips would be on mine.

At that point, I think I get greedy. Kissing her becomes this Herculean effort not to just pull at her cute little pyjamas until all the buttons come off! I'd push her to a wall, and greedily kiss her neck, and she'd whimper, "hmm. S-seung hyun, y-you should..." Her voice would be all high pitch and trembling and y as hell. And maybe I go a little over board with pulling her leg up. Her knee slung by my hip. My pulse beating at my neck.

Holy what! Someone stop me! The buzzer at the door goes bzzzzt! Like an alarm to my sanity and I pull away from my poor flushed, disheveled girl, looking extra sultry with that hot and bothered frown... Do you by any chance think... She might... You know... Want to...

Another buzz, and a loud "HYUNG!" Made me rush a kiss and tell her,

"Bye. Love you. See you later." 

To which she would just respond with the shyest of "okay."

That would inevitably make my chest hurt. What the heck?

I go out to Jiyong's disapproving look, "tsk. Hyung."

"What?" I ask defensively.

"You. Your hair! It's a mess."

And at that point I would blush. Though, I don't blush, gah!!!! But I hide my face just in case, and fix my hair. Dara... She pulls at my hair... Ack. That's y, isn't it?!

Jiyong smacks me over the head. "You! Get your out of your head! You know what date it is?"

And I didn't know... But there was only one date that mattered enough for Jiyong to ask. It was September 18th. It was one of those.

"Blech." I make a face.

"Is that how you react to your mother's death anniversary?" Jiyong grimaces.

"What? How am I supposed to act? She's d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter