Step 13. Spend the night with the one you love.

Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Ended up writing another one. This chapter is sort of a filler. I was intent on writing another scene but this kinda just unfolded and my intended scene just have to wait to be written. I used up my creativity bar for the day.... :3 And I wanted to update IA too. Oh well.

---------------------------------------

Ji didn't say anything after. He just stayed there, helped me with dinner, cleaned up and said good night. I waited until ten fully knowing she wouldn't come. I love her. I grit my teeth. Now what? I mean, I'm still the same, aren't I? I still want to see her. I still want to ask her questions. I still want her to like me. I still want her to call me Seunghyun. What is it that changed? I love her. What now?

Ji always called me a child and I always acknowledged the fact that I was a child but it frustrated me now. Not knowing what to do. Not knowing what happens next after you're in love. I think deeply and my head wanders to scenes I've never paid attention to, like couples in the park holding each other close or being arm in arm or... kissing. My breath got caught on my throat and I began to cough. Coughing stretched the skin on my back, and my wounds stings and I tear up. I lie on my stomach still coughing, I grab at a pillow and buried my face on it.

Kissing. A knot on my stomach seemed to form. Ji mentioned it before. Do you want to kiss her? And even before I knew I was in love I realized that I do. I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her on the lips to be more specific. I feel a warmth developing on my cheeks. What the hell?

"Seunghyun?..." I hear her tentative voice by the door and I freeze. I want to see her but my body refuse to turn, my voice was lost and the myriad of emotions that seemed to brew inside me. My head screamed at me: YOU LOVE HER! YOU LOVE HER! YOU LOVE HER! And it took all my will power to stop myself from screaming back: SHUT THE UP! I KNOW!

".... you must be asleep." She says with her quiet voice that I love. "Ji, said I shouldn't come anyway..."

I her take a seat by the bed and she stayed there, quiet like she always was. I wonder what she was doing... I stayed on my stomach and I feel my shoulders growing stiff from the awkward position I have placed myself. But I couldn't move. Why? Because she'd know I was awake! And I don't know why I was pretending to sleep in the first place! I want to see her but at the same time I don't want to.... why is that?

"...Seunghyun? Are you awake?" She must have noticed my balling fist on the sheets.

I mumble a, "yes..." to my pillow and slowly turned over.

Then I saw her. I wanted to see her. But I didn't know how much until the moment I do. I open my mouth to greet her but I was afraid that "I love you!" would be too much and I wasn't entirely sure if I could say anything else so I close my mouth.

"... I'm sorry..." she says "..did I wake you?"

Like before I notice the minute changes on her face from mild surprise to concern but now I feel a touch too happy when I see concern on her face.

"No." I answer plain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter