Step 11. Ji as Mr. Obvious

Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before we begin can I just welcome all the new subscribers, I won't bother you with wall posts unless you specifically talk to me. Just thank you! I'm so flattered. Arigatou gozaimasu! :))

-----------------------------------------------

"So......" I began in between mouthfuls, "... what's your favorite color?" I know it was random but hey I have to go through my mental checklist and this moment is as good as another.

"Why?" she asked with a sideway glance and her shoulders bent forward which I have come to know and call as Dara's defense mode

"No reason. Just curious."

She pursed her lips and contemplation, seeing that she had no reason to not answer she said, "Green."

"Weh? Ahahaha. That's weird."

"What's weird? It's not."

"It is." I started laughing.

"Oi! It's not funny." She looked offended which could only add to my amusement and consequently amplifying my laughter. "Stop laughing!" She then grabs my arm and in the instant her skin made contact to mine I stopped laughing. I looked at her hand then looked at her face but she quickly snatched her hand and turned away.

"Your hand is cold." I pointed out.

"...it's the air-conditioning" She said quietly.

Silence. I should say that my mind actually went blank when she touched me. Uhhh.... what were we talking about?

"... what do you like?"

You. "Huh?"

"Color."

"What?"

"What's your favorite color?"

There is something wrong with my heart. Because it kinda hurts.  What does that mean? I look at her and her interest in me makes my chest hurt and looking at her makes my heart heavy. I was going to say black. But her eyes are startlingly brown. Like molten milk chocolate. Like varnished wood and I blurted out:

"Brown." instead. Ayaah! There must be something wrong with my head too.

A glimmer of amusement danced in her eyes and she smiled. Brown is definitely my favorite color from now on. And I couldn't help but reiterate," Definitely brown."

She laughs, "Brown is weirder than green."

"BROWN IS PERFECT!" I growled.

She smiled then shrugged. The conversation went on as she cleared my tray and fluffed my pillow. And though I wanted to tell her I like her but I never could. The words don't come out as easily as before. I wonder why?

I kept asking questions and she answered quite obediently. Then Ji came in and ruined the day.

"Ah! Hyung! Are you feeling better?"

"Go away." I told him

"Seunghyun, how can you say that to Ji? He's just here to take care of you?" Dara piped in.

"You call him, Ji?" WHAT? WHY DOES SHE CALL HIM JI?

"You call him, Seunghyun?" WHY DO YOU CARE LITTLE BRAT?

"...you brat! Why do you care????" I asked him.

Silence.

----------------------------------------

"How did you find out his name?" Ji attempts to break the tension but it annoyed me that he was talking to her. I purse my lips in rebellion. I hear Ji laugh. "You know he hates that name."

"....those men who attacked us..." she began with her quiet voice.

Then Ji's laugh died. "They knew you, hyung?"

Uh. Oh. Smells like trouble. "Well... you know..."

"I know what?"

"Those guys.... they were... you know from before... when I'm bored... you know this, Ji..." Jeeez, I didn't really want to say it in front of Dara. She'd think I'm stupid. I steal a glance at her and she looked a touch bit confused.

"You know hyung, Dara lives near that area."

"EH?"

"She walks alone at night."

"MWUH?!"

"Did they see her face?"

"NO. I mean, I'm not sure! I don't think so!" I try to scramble out of my bed and she stops me.

"Seunghyun, lie still." I look at her wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter