Step 17. Be mature. Try again.

Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oy, Ji..." I began.

"Shut up, hyung." He said keeping his eyes focused on the teacher.

"But..." I try again.

"Enough already." He said, clearly irritated.

"Tell me again." I persist.

"No."

Ayaaah! This kid.

Again I resort to balancing my chair on its back legs. Wondering what it means about being jealous. You see... she was jealous! I tried hard to keep myself from cackling like a maniac and settled on a grin. I mean, that means she likes me right? Right? Right? I resume the normal position of my chair.

'Oi, Ji!" I whisper sharply.

"SHUT UP!" He answered loudly. Too loud.

"Kwon! Choi! Step out of the class this instant!" The teacher said.

He looked at the teacher wide eyed and looked back at me, glaring. I grin at him while standing up and heading for the door. Before going out I looked back at him and asked, "You heard her Kwon, come with me..."

-------------------------

"You're such a ing idiot, you know that?" Ji was clearly pissed. He's a good student, this one.

"Well, you could have just answered me..." I started.

"For the nth ing time, I think she's jealous, okay? Okay? Are you freaking satisfied?"

"How can you tell?"

"I don't know! I said I THOUGHT so... Maybe she isn't!"

"What? Hey, you're just pissed at me, you can't take it back!"

"You know what, hyung, I don't think she likes you... why would she like you?! You're an overbearing child!"

I look at him stunned. I try to talk but words won't come out. He huffs in frustration as he runs his hands through his hair.

"Look, hyung." He begins after exhaling, "You shouldn't be that happy she's jealous. I mean, it was something I thought she might be, she might not be. I don't know how she feels. I mean for all you know she was just surprised and..."

"But you said she loved me."

"I don't know, I said I think..."

"No, no, no! You can't take it back!"

We were walking towards the cafeteria which had a few people in it, art students who were using the cafeteria for some sort of gallery to show case their craft... and of course, as fate would have it, she was there. She was with someone, a guy. They were talking and she had her head bowed down as she spoke. Now, the familiar jealous heat creapt through my chest and I could just see myself bashing that guys head on the wall. But a hand on my arm stopped me long enough for logic to surface. She wouldn't like that now, would she? I wonder if that's how she felt when she saw me with the other girls. But then how can she imagine being violent when I doubt she had any violent bone in her body. But whatever she may have felt, I really didn't like the fact that I gave her any sense of discomfort. Like me or not, what was most important to me is to see her happy and contented.

She must have felt my stare because she looked at my direction and gave me an awkward nod. I approached them, whispering "I'll be good." to Ji as I shook his hand off my arm.

"Hey." I greeted her.

"Hi." She responded with a smile. I like her smile. It was... refreshing. "Seunghyun this is Donghae." She gestures at the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter