Chapter 11

Seriously, Its Not A K-Drama

"Wait so Dongwoo is coming here?" Wu Fan asked me, walking into my room.

"Yes, why?"

"He's going to know that you will live with us."

"He already know smart one, that's why I'm going out with him!"

"So you are doing it so he would keep it a secret?"

"Yes."

"I could have taken care of it, you didn't need to go on a date with that douche."

"Okay, one, I thought he was your friend. Two, I can handle my own like I said before. And three, none of this even matters because he's on his way now."

"We aren't friends, we just pretend to like each other. We actually hate each other, we just have to play nice. And again, you can't handle your own because you almost got killed, remember? Who saved you? Me!"

"Why do you care so much about me going on this one stupid date with him?!" I got up from my bed and looked him in his eyes.

"Because I hate him and your my sister so I have to protect you."

"I'm not your sister and I hate him too."

"Okay... Good..." As soon as he walked out of my room, the doorbell rang. We raced to the door but he got it first. Dongwoo's face fell well his saw Wu Fan.

"Where's Li Na?" He asked.

"Hi to you too, Dongwoo!" He said rolling his eyes and stepping away from the door and letting me in front of his.

"You look h-" He looked at Wu Fan and then at me. "Nice. You look great!" He smiled at me.

"Thank you! You do too!" I said, smiling back. It wasn't a lie either, he was wearing black skinny jeans and a blue flannel with simple blue and white Jordans. He had a plain white hoodie on top of his flannel.

"Is that Dongwoo?" Mr. Kim asked from the kitchen.

"YES!" Both me and Wu Fan answered. Mr. Kim came running out and greeted Dongwoo.

"You look so dapper!" Mr. Kim said patting Dongwoo's shoulder.

"Thank you, sir!" 

"Please bring her straight home after the movie okay?" 

Dongwoo nodded and held his hand out. Wu Fan grabbed his arm and whispered something to him. Afterwards, he pushed him roughly and then left.

"Have fun you guys!" Mr. Kim said smiling. "And Dongwoo, don't do any of your funny business, got it?" 

"Yes sir even though I have no idea what this funny business is that you speak of!" He smirked and Mr. Kim patted him on the back. Dongwoo grabbed my hand and we walked out the house. As soon as the door was closed I yanked my hand away. We started walking up the mountain to go to the movies which was close by the hotel I stayed at.

"Now what's this thing with Wu Fan?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" 

"Don't act like there is nothing wrong. I saw the way you guys were acting. Seems like you guys don't like each other."

"We don't."

"Then why do you guys act like you are fun friends in school?"

"Ms. Kwon is my mother."

"Wow so this story is like a never ending plot twist, huh?"

"What story?"

"The background story of you rich people. There's a lot more the meets the eye, huh?"

"Yeah no . Ever since my mom started working at the school, she's been acting all... Happy. My mom was the type of person who used to just be sad and alone. She would hardly talk to me or my little sister who's in middle school. When I found out the reason she was happy was because she was dating Mr. Kim, I wanted it to stay like that. Wu Fan wanted to break them up but I refused to let that happen."

"Aw that's actually not douche-y at all! Good job, Mr. Popular!"

"Does anyone else in the school know about it?"

"The Eyes do but Wu Fan is keeping it under wraps by dating Min Soo. He's keeping a lot of things under wraps like your little secret too."

"Wow... Maybe you guys aren't as bad as I thought... Still annoying though."

He laughed. A few minutes later we reached the top and were about to cross the street.

"Uh no!" I grabbed Dongwoo and kept him on the side we were on. "I... Uh... Kind of left the hotel without paying and if the girl sees me... Yeah..." He burst out laughing but continued walking on our side of the street. 

"Hey what movie do you want to see?" Dongwoo asked me when we got to the movies.

"OOH the horror one! It looks super good!"

"Are you sure? Its supposed to be really scary. Like REALLY scary!"

"What are you afraid that it will be too scary for you? Don't worry I'm pretty much sure someone will hold you!" I winked and he laughed.

"You are definitely not like the other girls at our school." He pulled out his wallet and asked the man for two tickets.

"Oh you don't have to pay for my ticket, I have money. I mean since this isn't like a real date." His face kind of looked sad mkaing me feel bad but it wasn't. It was a pretend date. 

"No, I want to pay for your ticket." He said, handing me my ticket and paying for them. "Want some food?" I looked at the food court and then shook my head.

"Nope, I'm fine, thanks." 

"Not even popcorn?"

"I've never had popcorn."

"WHAT?! You've never had popcorn?!"

"No and stop being so freaking loud. There are other people here."

"You are getting popcorn okay. I'm forcing you to eat some popcorn." He bought a huge container of popcorn and we went into the movie room. When we sat down he sat the popcorn on the arm rest in between us. 

"I bought a huge thing of popcorn just in case you didn't like it."

"OR you bought it as one of your methods to put your Dongwoo moves on me."

"I'm not following."

"Don't play dumb with me, I know you are going to 'accidentally' reach for the popcorn at the same time I am so you can have an excuse to hold my hand."

He got silent and I looked at him. He was blushing. I laughed loudly and everyone looked up at me. I smiled and waved at them as if I didn't know why they were looking at me. He snickered.

"You're funny!" He finally said. Just as he said that, the lights went off and the movie was starting. 

During the movie, I was the only person who was laughing at all the scary parts. Every time I laughed, people who glare at me making me laugh harder. Half way through, Dongwoo looked terrified. By the end, he was shamelessly covering his face and peaking. At the end of the movie, Dongwoo exhaled before one last scare made him scream making me laugh hysterically. When the credits rolled, he grabbed the popcorn and his hand was shaking. I snickered as we walked down the stairs. 

"What are you laughing at?" He snapped.

"You. Now can I have the rest of the popcorn?" I smiled and held my hand out. He handed me the popcorn and smiled.

"You are welcome! I'm the reason you like popcorn."

"And I'm the reason, you revealed the fact that you don't like scary movies!" 

"Yo, please don't tell anyone about that scream! PLEASE!"

"I won't but it was HILARIOUS!"

He playfully pushed me but hard enough to bump into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry!" I said bowing at them. The guy looked at me and smiled.

"Its okay pretty girl!" He said winking.

"HEY! She's my date!" Dongwoo snapped, pulling me into his arms. The guy looked away and Dongwoo scuffed. "Can you believe that guy?"

"You're the one who pushed me into him!" 

"Shut up and stop sassing me." He said bitterly. I laughed. We stopped in front of the movies doors and looked out side. It was raining. I put my hair into my usual bun and I pushed the door open.

"WAIT!" Dongwoo demanded. I swerved around and looked at him. He was taking off his hoodie and he handed it to me. "Put this on." I smiled but rejected it. 

"You need it!" He took it and put it on my head. He smiled at me and I put my arms through the arm holes. We walked out and he was getting drenched. 

"Are you sure you don't want this?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I love rain!" He ran across the street and started dancing around. I laughed and ran across too.

"Come on, Mr. Kim will freak out if I don't show up soon!" I said pushing him forward. 

After about 10 minutes, we were approaching my house. We stopped in front of Mr. Kim's car. It had stopped raining but he was still soaking wet. 

"May I have your cell phone number?" He asked smiling.

"I don't have one." 

"Aw well that ... I guess I will see you around then." As soon as he said that one droplet of water slid down his face rather fast. And at that exact moment... I saw Dongwoo differently. His dripping wet hair was actually attractive.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked. I shook and stood straight up. 

"What?! Huh? Oh I'm sorry when my brain wanders I stare at people. My bad!" I quickly took off his hoodie and handed it to him. I fast walked up to my house and knocked on the door. I looked back and Dongwoo was still standing there. Mr. Kim and Ms. Kwon both stood at the door when it opened. 

"Have fun?" They both asked me. I nodded and they let me in the house. Ms. Kwon walked out and stood by Dongwoo, they both waved bye to us and then they left. Mr. Kim turned around and smiled at me.

"Now get to your room, your still grounded you know." He said. I nodded and saluted.

"Yes sir!" I marched to my room like I was in the army and flopped on my bed, smiling.

_________________________________

Long chapter, well kinda but its cuuuute lol