It Started With...He Disliked Him

It's Ok, You Don't Have to Love Me Back

Flashback

SJB High School, FIrst day of a new school year.

Kyuhyun was restless. Yet he had no choice but to drag his feet to his new high school. He yawned as he was waiting for the opening ceremony in the school hall to start. And damn, he was so wanted to sleep.

"All your fault..." Kyuhyun yawned once again before he mumbled to the person next to him.

Shim Changmin, his best friend since young, attended the same high school as Kyuhyun, was equally restless, with eyebags under his eyes.

"My fault? How was that my fault?" Changmin straightened himself up hearing the accusation from his friend.

"If it wasn't you who stomped into my house wanting to celebrate our new start at high school, we wouldn't be this tired." Kyuhyun frowned.

"Yah Cho Kyuhyun. I didn't make the suggestion to play starcraft! You did!" Changmin punched lightly at Kyuhyun's arm.

"Yah both of you! Better shut up! You two are getting more noisy!" Another of their friend, Kim Ryeowook, nudged at both of them.

And both yawned at the same time, trying hard to open their eyes while the Principal of the school made his way up the stage for the opening speech.

 

The Principal was as if sleeping a lullaby, giving a rather long and boring speech, which made Kyuhyun and Changmin almost dozing off. But thanks to the prim and proper one in the clan, Ryeowook pinched them hard on their arms, forcing them to jerk up whenever he saw both of their heads dropping, before anyone caught them sleeping in action. 

And finally after a painful one hour of speech, the hall applaused loud with cheers, being very sarcastic that the speech was done like a finally. Kyuhyun almost jumped up from his seat as he was really in his zzz world just before the Principal ended his speech. Ryeowook had to pin him down before he made a fool out of himself.

 

Then next on stage, was the newly appointed student head of the student council to give a speech. All eyes were on the student head, as he walked up the stage, with pride and charismatic aura. Most of the girls, mainly the freshmen, gasped as the student head stood in front of the stage, giving a bow and a smile flashing his deep dimples before he took his stand at the lecture stand. Not to mention him being tall and handsome and clean looking, properly ironed uniform looking smart, and the perfect body size, making people wanting to take a look whats behind the uniform...

 

"Good morning school, Principal, Vice-Principal, teachers and fellow schoolmates." The husky voice spoke from the microphone, which caught the attention of everyone in hall, including Kyuhyun who was totally awake at the voice, "I am Choi Siwon, 3rd year senior and student head of the student council for this year. Welcome to SJB High School to all new faces, and welcome back to all familiar faces. This year, I will be leading the student council to serve the school, supporting our teachers with all we students can provide. And making school as interesting and exciting as possible for this year..."

 

Kyuhyun stared at the sunbae with great disbelief. How on earth to have such being living in this world? So perfect? Student head with good looks, good bod, perfect height, and nice voice...

"I bet he is not as perfect as what he is seen on stage." Kyuhyun mumbled.

"You didn't do research at all about school huh?" Ryeowook whispered.

Kyuhyun and Changmin turned towards Ryeowook, "And you did?"

Ryeowook nodded, "Of course. Its a must to know the history of the school, especially when it is a good school around the neighbourhood."

"Unbelievable..." Both Kyuhyun and Changmin mouthed at the same time.

 

Ryeowook continued, "Anyway, Choi Siwon is one prominent figure in SJB High School. Top student since he enrolled school from young, even here as well. Key basketball player and captain of school's basketball team. And newly appointed student head for the year. And..."

"And...?"

"He is heir of Choi Enterprise." Ryeowook finished.

"Choi Enterprise?! You mean that Choi Enterprise of owning Hotel Choi, the best hotel in town and chain supermarkets all over the island and even overseas?!" Changmin gasped.

"Yup, that Choi Enterprise." Ryeowook nodded.

"And why is he in this school?!" Kyuhyun frowned. More reasons for Choi Siwon to be this perfect?! Smart, sportsman and RICH?!

"For that, I don't know. Probably his family wants him to taste the normal life?" Ryeowook shrugged and returned his attention to the student head.

 

Kyuhyun already started to dislike this Choi Siwon. Its not that he hates perfection. But in his theory of life, there is no way that such perfect being live in this world. No one is perfect.

There must be some flaws in this guy. Kyuhyun thought. Sure there is...

But he cannot deny...how handsome this student head is.

 

"....And lets have a smooth year ahead. Thank you." Siwon ended his speech and bowed himself before he stepped down from the stage.

And the new year of school starts.

-------------------

Present

"Kyuhyun ah? I need this by noon. Please get sajangnim to sign. Thanks."

"Kyuhyun-ssi, meeting in another 10 minutes. Please remind sajangnim."

"Kyuhyun-ssi, tomorrow there will be a function for sajangnim to attend. It is important..."

 

Typing the last word on the computer, Kyuhyun stood up from his desk, and walked towards the door of his boss. He stood in front of the door for a few seconds to calm his heart down a little, before he knocked the door. With a reply of "please come in", Kyuhyun inhaled a deep breath and walked in the room.

"Sajangnim, Manager Sungmin required this to be signed as soon as possible. And the meeting for the newly opened hotel is starting in 10 minutes time. And tomorrow's function for the charity event required your attendance as Mr Park from JYP will be there." Without a miss of the words related by the people who passed him the messages, Kyuhyun spoke with no break in between.

And Kyuhyun did not look straight at Siwon the entire time in the room, afraid that his face will turn red the moment their eyes are connected.

Damn. Its been a week yet I still can't bring myself to look into his eyes! Kyuhyun cursed at himself, knowing he must be ridiculous looking elsewhere but Siwon's face while he spoke.

"Thank you Kyuhyun." Siwon replied, not looking at Kyuhyun either. He had decided to drop the formality towards his new PA and addressed Kyuhyun directly.

"If there is nothing, I shall make my move out..." Kyuhyun received the file from Siwon, and STILL no eye contact.

 

"Wait a moment, Kyuhyun." Siwon called out suddenly, when Kyuhyun's hand was already at the door knob.

Kyuhyun turned abruptly at the call, and darn, his eyes was on the handsome face that looked up at him, at the right (wrong?) timing.

"Y...yes sajang..nim..." Kyuhyun stammered, finding himself rather dizzy at the eye contact. Gosh...

"I need a cup of coffee. Could you please make one for me? No sugar and milk, just black coffee." And he added a smile, a dimpled smile.

OH NO...NOT THAT SMILE! DO YOU WANT ME TO FAINT HERE? Kyuhyun was screaming literally, in his head. "Erm... Su..sure.."

"And once you are done with the updating of the data that I had asked you to do earlier, you can return me the file. I need to take a look at it. Thank you." Siwon lowered his head back to his work, not noticing that Kyuhyun's face was burning.

 

Kyuhyun had to calm his heart again, before he stepped back in the CEO's room with the coffee. And lucky for Kyuhyun, Siwon was deep into his work, that he did not make anymore eye contact with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun exhaled out a deep breath as he sat down on his seat, placing his hand over the racing heart.

Cho Kyuhyun you are such a failure! Can't even look at him. You are so failed! How to make progress like this?! Kyuhyun banged his head silently as he screamed in his head again.

But then, is he really looking for a progress? As of he knows, Siwon is not a gay... From the past relationships he had in high school, he dated girls and not boys...

And maybe right now, he is in a relationship too. A normal one...

Kyuhyun sighed as he sat upright on his seat and resumed his work. He should not have ask for more, when this was just a one-sided love. He should be happy enough, that he get to see this man again, and working for/with him. 

 

10 minutes later, Siwon stepped out of his room and went for his meeting with Kyuhyun following closely behind. But while for the lift, Siwon turned towards his PA, which Kyuhyun bumped onto the CEO's chest directly because he was staring on the floor while he walked.

"Oh sorry sajangnim!" Kyuhyun raised his head looking at the CEO with his puppy eyes as he rubbed his forehead, and immediately regretted for doing so.

Taken by the puppy eyes looking at him, Siwon titled his head as he spoke, "Are you alright? I am sorry for turning around without letting you know beforehand." With his big eyes looking straight at Kyuhyun.

He wanted to show more concerns by touching Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun nodded his head ferociously before taking a few steps backwards from Siwon.

 

Oh nonononono I don't think I can handle that!!

 

"I....I am fine sajangnim! What...what did you want to tell me about?!" Kyuhyun raised his voice a little to calm himself down.

Startled by his PA's sudden loud voice and backing off action, Siwon was loss for words for a second. 

 

Damn he must be thinking what a rude person I am, to raise voice at my boss!!

 

"Sa...sajangnim?" Kyuhyun asked again, with his tone softened a little.

"Ahem ya right." Siwon cleared his throat, "I need a flight booking to Maldives 14th next month for 3 days. 2 business class tickets. Preferably night flight. Let me know once you are done with the booking."

"Oh... I got it." Kyuhyun repiled with a mono tone, looking rather dejected with the information. He looked down again not wanting to face the CEO in the lift, while Siwon took no notice of the change in Kyuhyun's body language.

 

14th next month, Valentines Day.

--------------------

"Hey Kyuhyun." Hyukjae stopped by Kyuhyun's desk together with Sungmin. Lee Sungmin was back to collect his file that he had passed to Kyuhyun to get Siwon's signature.

Sungmin is the manager in Marketing Department for the chain supermarket under Choi Enterprise. Both Hyukjae and Sungmin are friends of Siwon in University, so right after Siwon got appointed to be the new CEO, he recruited his friends to work for him.

Within a week, Hyukjae and the rest of the staffs had gotten used to the new secretary, and they were impressed with the efficiency from Kyuhyun. Though he was an IT graduate as the top scorer from the best university, Kyuhyun was able to show that he was capable in being a personal assistant.

 

"Wanna have a lunch?" Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

"Sure." Sungmin answered immediately.

"Your treat?" Kyuhyun asked, "For my welcome treat?"

"That sounds great!" Sungmin answered on behalf for Hyukjae.

"Hmm ok then." Kyuhyun can never say no to food, especially when it is free..

"Hey you are rather thick-skinned!" Hyukjae exclaimed.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled a little looking at how comical this HR manager can be, which caught Hyukjae's attention.

"Say Kyuhyun ah, you are rather adorable laughing like this." And he reached over to pinch Kyuhyun's chubby cheek.

"YAH STOP IT! PAINFUL!" Kyuhyun cried with the two managers laughing over the cuteness of this PA.

"Since you are youngest, you will be our maknae. Call us hyung!" Hyukjae teased.

"No way!" Kyuhyun pouted, caressed his now red cheek due to the pain.

Both managers laughed again at the pout, and wanted to pinch more. 

 

Just then, Siwon walked out of his room, already with his coat on.

"Kyuhyun..." He stopped when he saw his managers playing with his secretary.

Hyukjae and Sungmin straightened themselves right away and greeted the CEO. Though they are friends, but they have the respect for the CEO who provided them the jobs that they desired.

"Oh you two are here." Siwon greeted back, "Looking Kyuhyun for lunch?"

"Yeah otherwise he will be so pitiful to eat alone." Hyukjae gave a wide gummy smile towards Kyuhyun who was glaring at him.

Siwon smiled, "Thanks for taking care of my secretary." Siwon turned towards Kyuhyun, "I will be out for lunch. Probably be back 2 hours later."

Kyuhyun nodded, suddenly feeling shy in front of Siwon and turned to his computer to finish his work before going for a free lunch.

"Going somewhere?" Hyukjae asked.

"Yeah, to have a quick lunch with Yuri." Siwon replied.

 

Hearing an unfamiliar female's name, Kyuhyun's heart sank a little, thinking this Yuri must be the lucky one who will be going to Maldives with Siwon to spend the romantic Valentines Day.

But with the presence of so many eyes, he controlled his facial expression. And pretended to only have his attention on the computer.

 

"Have fun!" Hyukjae waved goodbye at Siwon, "Probably his lunch date is at the hotel. Haha that horse."

H...hotel?! Kyuhyun cannot stop his imagination to go wild with just one simple sentence from Hyukjae. 

Siwon and Yuri...hotel?! Well... They are going to Maldives anyway... No big deal about hotel anyway...

Kyuhyun let out a small sigh, though he knew these are the things that he will hear from working with Siwon... But it did...hurt a little, to know that his crush of having a healthy relationship...

 

"So, where for lunch?"

--------------------

The next moment when Siwon looked at his watch, it was already past 8 at night. He stretched himself after looking at the document for hours and laid his head on the head rest of his armchair. Tiring to be a CEO, but he can't complain much as this is what he supposed to do.

Taking over the company for 2 years, he has been doing pretty well, and even brought Choi Enterprise up to another level. At the young age of 30, people doubted his abilities, but in these years, he proved the directors' board wrong, and people were more willing to follow him in leading the company.

Just that, there were times, he felt real tired to have such big burden on his shoulders. While his parents were enjoying their lives traveling around the world.

 

"You will have your chance too, to enjoy your life with your wife for the rest of your life. But now, you are the pillar of the company. So do your best, find the person most suitable for you and make us proud." That was what his father said before they left for their travel plan.

 

Wife... I can't even find the correct one, let alone wife... Siwon let out a dry laugh, knowing all his relationships can never make it to the happy end, as he just cannot find the correct one.

 

Just then, he was distracted by a loud talking outside his room. Who could it be at this hour? Aren't all left already?

 

"YAH SHIM CHANGMIN!! DON'T YOU DARE EAT MY RAMYEON! YES THAT IS MINE YOU IDIOT!"

That is familiar... Siwon thought.

"LAZY BUM! GO BUY ONE YOURSELF! HEY!! IF I DON'T SEE MY RAMYEON LEFT UNTOUCHED IN THE CUPBOARD, YOU CAN KISS GOODBYE TO THE LATEST GAME YOU BOUGHT FEW DAYS AGO! YAH THAT IS WHO I AM, WITH PEOPLE DARE TO MESS WITH MY FOOD!"

That sounds like...Kyuhyun... Siwon pressed himself near the door to hear more.

"I WILL BE HOME SOON! SO NO TOUCHING ON MY FOOD, YOU UNDERSTAND?!" And came a loud slam on the table, assuming his secretary had ended his call.

Siwon couldn't believe himself that his secretary can be this hot-tempered, since he has been rather shy and reserved when he talks to Siwon. He chuckled at how Kyuhyun was so persistant about his food, wanted very much to see his expression when he whined about someone wanting to eat his food.

Shim Changmin...Friend? But he mentioned he will be home soon. So are they staying together? Boy...boyfriends?

Siwon shook his head. Since when he was this busybody over his staff? That was so not him...

 

Just then, he heard footsteps nearing his room. Quickly, Siwon scrambled back to his armchair, pretending he heard nothing and focused on looking at his document.

True enough, just when Siwon picked up a file to read, a knock came. 

"Please come in." Siwon answered.

Kyuhyun revealed himself in the room, with a plastic bag placed on top of the CEO.

 

"Kyuhyun? You...are still around?" Siwon looked up from the file he pretended to be looking at.

"I wanted...to finish updating...your schedules before I leave." Kyuhyun had to hold his breath with Siwon looking straight at him.

"Oh... Thank you for staying back late." Siwon smiled.

"You are working late too." Kyuhyun mumbled, and his heart was pumping a little fast with Siwon smiling at him.

"Never mind me. I have to settle with some of the document."

 

And Siwon noticed the plastic bag that was placed on his desk, "What is this?"

"Oh... That was actually a sandwich I bought...earlier for dinner... But..." Kyuhyun averted his eyes from Siwon while he spoke, "I remembered you have not eaten dinner yet... And...seems like you will be staying later than I do... So..."

"You are giving your dinner to me?" Siwon widened his eyes at the sweetness from his secretary.

Where is the guy who was screaming at people who mess with his food just a few minutes ago?! 

"But you have nothing to eat." I don't want to get screamed at!

"I... have food at home..." Kyuhyun muttered.

Right, the ramyeon that you forbade people from touching it, yet you are offering your dinner to me. You are so difficult to understand, Kyuhyun...

 

"Well, thanks for the offer. I hope you DO have food at home."

Kyuhyun nodded his head, "And I bought a bottle of mineral water for you, because you have..been drinking coffee...which is not good for health...to be honest..."

Siwon was astonished, as this was the first time for his secretary to take care of his well-being, "Why thanks... I didn't count my cups of coffee since they are addictive... Haha... You are rather...observant."

"That is my job..." Kyuhyun blushed with Siwon's praise.

Siwon caught the blush on his secretary's cheek. So he will feel shy when I praise him... That is quite a cute tint of pink on his cheeks...

 

"And sajangnim, I have booked your plane to...Maldives... It is night flight as you requested, 10.30pm. Do you need me to book the hotel as well?" The hotel that you and...Yuri will be staying...

Siwon shook his head, "I will settle the hotel myself. Thank you Kyuhyun, you have been a great help since you are my secretary." And he flashed his deep dimples, looking straight in Kyuhyun's big doe eyes.

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes as he absorbed the dimples in his eyes, and bit his bottom lip to calm his nerves down.

Which Siwon found it rather adorable... Did he just thought of 'adorable'?

 

"Erm right... I guess...I shall knock off for...today... Erm sajangnim, good night." And Kyuhyun ran out of the room before his legs gave him away, as he felt his legs went weak under the dimples of the handsome CEO, that he swore he could just faint there.

Whereas Siwon found this rather amusing, to see his secretary with expressions changed within minutes.

 

Interesting...