The Crisis

It's Ok, You Don't Have to Love Me Back

Flashback

Kyuhyun was sitting at the bench out in the small garden that the school owned. He was studying hard on the notes for an upcoming test later in the day. He decided to get away from the noisy Changmin and naggy Ryeowook to have some time of his own to focus on this test.

Just when he was concentrating hard on the test, some commotion at the corridor next the garden just had to disturb his focus. He was about to snap at the noise, only to stop when he saw what the commotion was about.

 

Siwon, the heartthrob of the school, was talking aloud with the school belle that he is dating at the moment, with his hand wrapped around the shoulder of the pretty girl. Though Kyuhyun was showing the irritation on his face, but he could feel his heartbeats went pumping fast and hard, especially when he saw the dimples plastered on Siwon's face.

Two deep dimples, where he hated in the beginning...

 

Yes! Irritiating dimples!! But...why do I have the urge to poke them?

 

And...they were approaching the garden where Kyuhyun was!

 

Kyuhyun panicked, and quickly gathered his stuffs to hide behind the bench, hiding from the sight of the good-looking couple.

Why did he had to hide?! He had no idea... That was just an instinct of him behaving this way...

 

WHAT INSTINCT?! DAMN! HE IS JUST A STUDENT HEAD WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE MOST HANDSOME BEING IN THIS SCHOOL!

.....

Did I just say...most handsome being?!

.....

No...this is not the time to decide if he is handsome a not! I did not want to witness them in their loveland!!

 

Kyuhyun was biting his lips, looking left and right in dilemma whether to move or to stay. After a fast ten seconds of choosing, he decided to leave the place.

But...that was a little too late, for Siwon and his girlfriend had already seated down at the bench, where Kyuhyun was squatting behind.

No... They did not see Kyuhyun hiding behind, sweating like a madman now.

 

Why does he always has to disrupt me?! Kyuhyun was screaming literally in his head.

 

"Siwon... We have been dating for...3 months, right?" The girl leaned her head on Siwon's shoulder, and she sounded so sweet.

Tsk...is she doing aegyo now?

"Yup." Siwon replied.

"So...am I the one for you?" The school belle whispered.

Tsk tsk! Is she seducing him now?

"Hmmm... What do you mean?" Siwon asked innocently.

"You know... Of me...being yours forever..."

And the next thing Kyuhyun heard, was loud kissing noises.

 

By right, Kyuhyun should be feeling disgusted, to hear the couple kissing in front of him, and especially that one of them, was his most hated Choi Siwon.

But...no... He...

He...

He...

 

He could feel his heart was pumping even faster than ever, almost jumping out from his mouth...

 

Why...am I feeling...so bashful....?

Why my heart is going so fast?!

WHY AM I HAVING THE THOUGHT THAT, I WOULD WANT TO BE THE ONE SITTING THERE KISSING SIWON?!

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, trying to shake off the images, though he could still hear them kissing. He shut his eyes up, but more Siwon's face appeared in his head.

The 1st time he saw the charismatic Siwon on the stage during the opening ceremony.

The 1st encounter he had with Siwon when he found Siwon peeking on the singing club.

The 1st time he saw Siwon in his basketball jersey and his spectacular moves in the basketball court...

And not to mention the numerous thoughts he had whenever he saw Siwon around in school...

 

All the thoughts, made him blushed and heartbeats went faster than normal pace.

 

Being a smart student, Kyuhyun knew something was not right. But he was trying hard to push all the disturbing thoughs to the back of his head. He was certain, that he hates Choi Siwon. For being so full of himself, for being so perfect, for being so handsome...

 

And yet the kiss just had to confirm everything for him. 

 

Yes... He is in love with Choi Siwon, the student head, that he hated much in the first place.

 

Yes... I am doomed... So damn doomed...

--------------------

"YAH CHO KYUHYUN!! YOU HAVE BEEN HOGGING THE BATHROOM FOR AGES! GET YOUR OUT NOW!!" Changmin was screaming and banging his fist on the bathroom's door early in the morning. And he was running late, because Kyuhyun was taking his time in the bathroom.

Its been 1 hour since Kyuhyun was stuck in the bathroom and hell knows what he was doing inside.

"Yah!! This is not the only bathroom in this apartment! Why are you snatching with me?!" Kyuhyun shouted back from the inside.

"You and I know that, THAT TOILET BOWL IS FAULTY!!! Argghhh told you to find someone to fix it..." Changmin banged on the door again.

"Hey! I wasn't the only one who own this place!!" Kyuhyun finally opened the door, and snapped at his best friend.

 

"But I am busy....! Cho Kyuhyun!! Woooooooahhhh! You look....amazing!" Changmin spinned Kyuhyun around the moment he realised the change in Kyuhyun, "Did you put on perfume? Are you trying to impress someone?" He giggled.

Kyuhyun was annoyed with Changmin, as he swayed Changmin away and moved into his room.

"Hey! I am praising you!!" Changmin pouted.

"Aren't you running late?!" Kyuhyun shouted from his room.

"Oh...RIGHT!!! DAMN CHO KYUHYUN! I will deal with you later!" And he slammed the bathroom's door to get prepared for his work.

 

For Kyuhyun, he was staring at the full length mirror in his room. Indeed...he was a little different from before. Different from the usual plain outfit, he was wearing a blue and white checkered shirt with a black tie, and a pair of slim fit work pants which showed off his perky perfectly. He buffed his hair with volume, making the fringe placed nicely just above his eyebrows, and even...put on bb cream on his face to make him looked afresh for the morning. That explained him taking his time in the bathroom.

And just like what Changmin said, he did put on a tiny bit of perfume, not wanting to reveal too much the fact that he did put on some cologne to smell nice.

 

"You know, Choi Siwon sunbae is going to know, that you are trying to impress him." Changmin spoke out of the sudden, peeking his head in Kyuhyun's room.

"Yah! Who says that I am trying to impress him?!" Kyuhyun grabbed a pillow from his bed and threw at Changmin, who was flexible to avoid the hit.

"Haha liar liar!! You and I know, that for sure, you are head over heels for him. You don't have to hide from me!" Changmin teased, and had to duck for another pillow throw from Kyuhyun.

"Just shut up and go for your work! Jaejoong hyung will not be happy if you are late." Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue as he picked his bag and left his room.

"Ya ya. Have fun with your sajangnim! Oh so romantic!" Changmin chuckled and waved.

"I SHOULD NOT HAVE TOLD YOU ANYTHING AT ALL!!" Kyuhyun screamed once more before he slammed the door and disappeared behind it.

 

Kyuhyun was frowning when he was waiting for the elevator, very disturbed of what Changmin had said.

Am I that obvious?! Of trying to look good in front of him? Kyuhyun looked down at himself.

True enough, he was a little overdressed. As if going on a date, rather than to work.

Checkered shirt for work in a company as a secretary to the CEO... I must be mad...

 

"Kyu oppa!" A girly voice pulled Kyuhyun back to earth out of the sudden.

"Oh hi Sulli." Kyuhyun beamed at the little girl who was waiting for the elevator together with him.

"Kyu oppa, you look...cute. Wearing that shirt." Sulli giggled as they walked in the elevator.

"Who? Me?!" Kyuhyun asked.

Sulli nodded, "Yes. And handsome. Like the Super Junior oppas whom I always see on TV."

"Cute and handsome? Haha thanks Sulli." Kyuhyun grinned and pat on Sulli's head.

So I look like an idol now huh? Cute and handsome... Will he think of me this way too?

 

Kyuhyun waved at Sulli as they turned different paths on the street. Feeling a little happy with Sulli's compliment, Kyuhyun bounced his way to the subway. And even tapped his foot when he had his earpiece on listening to some light-hearted music on the way to work, already anticipating in what will happen at work.

Will there be another chance for him, to enjoy the moment like last time where he had dinner with Siwon in his office, engaging in light conversation?

Kyuhyun smiled to himself, just by imaging another scenario of that sort to appear again...

 

But his imagination was dispersed, when he got to the office.

 

"I need to settle some urgent issue right now. So if there isn't any important matters, do not disturb me. And forbid anyone to step in my office. And take down all the calls and messages for me. Thank you Kyuhyun." The moment Siwon stepped from the elevator, he spoke to Kyuhyun in urgency and walked straight in the office slamming the door, not taking another glance at Kyuhyun.

Instantly, Kyuhyun had his mood dropped to the bottom on his feet, and not bothering to pick it up at all. He sighed, hating the fact that he had put up high hopes in hoping to get some notice from Siwon in his outfit.

Can't help with anything, he silently did his work, with a slight disappointment in his heart. Occasionally, he could hear Siwon spoke in real urgency, as if trying to argue with someone over the phone. Or him typing furiously on the computer. Or sighed deeply...

Something is not right here... Kyuhyun thought, but he did not dare to go against Siwon's order to disturb him in finding out more.

 

"Hey Kyuhyun! Woah! You look different!" Hyukjae appeared just at the right time for lunch.

"Just wanted to have change of mood." Kyuhyun replied.

"But...you don't look like you are in good mood." Hyukjae narrowed his eyes at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun sighed, "Sajangnim..."

"Oh... Right..." Hyukjae nodded his head, as if he knew something before Kyuhyun can finished his sentence.

"You seems like you knew something..." Kyuhyun frowned.

"Hmmm I did... And the people downstairs are working hard to solve the problem."

So there really is a problem going on!!

 

"Care to explain?" Kyuhyun prompted.

"Well, not a big deal though, but it seems like...someone is trying to sabotage the management of the hotel that our company owns. To seize the control over the hotel..." Hyukjae explained.

"WHAT?! AND YOU THINK THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL?!" Kyuhyun mouthed ferociously.

"Well, this is not the first time we encountered such problem, and we always had it solved. Though this time, the opponent is someone quite handy."

"And who the hell is this someone?!"

"Mr Cha of Prince Hotel."

 

Mr Cha...of Prince Hotel... MR CHA?! Kyuhyun remembered...on the days when Siwon was away at Maldives, he had received a few calls from this man.

So he wanted to take over Siwon's hotel?! 

 

"Mr Cha is the owner of Prince Hotel, which is rank under Hotel Choi, so you can already imagine how competitive it is. And this Mr Cha has been trying for years, to take control over the hotel enterprise. Guess he is striking again, thinking Siwon will be an easy opponent to defeat since it was difficult for him to do so when Siwon's father was the CEO." Hyukjae explained the competition between the two hotels, making Kyuhyun went awed of the real world.

"And that Mr Cha is doing all sorts of sabotaging to ruin the image of Hotel Choi?" Asked Kyuhyun. That explained the unusual serious tone from Siwon...

"Probably... Though on the surface, he seems like a calm man, but there are rumours about him being part of a mafia family..." Hyukjae replied, "But anyway. Siwon has all the control right now, or somewhere near there. So it will soon be resolved, I assume."

But Kyuhyun did not like the sound of it. That doesn't seems like an easy problem to solve. Not like a math problem that can be solved easily, or a computer issue that can be repaired with his smart brain.

This was...definitely far from his reach...

 

When Kyuhyun was back from lunch, Siwon was still in his office, having no evidence of him moving out from the office. Kyuhyun started to worry, as Siwon was stuck in his office for hours the moment he stepped in. Seems like this problem which Hyukjae thought will be resolved soon, was not an easy task.

"Kyuhyun!" Siwon shouted from his office suddenly, which made Kyuhyun flinched on his seat. He sprang up immediately and dashed into the office.

"Yes sajangnim!!" Kyuhyun exclaimed the minute he pushed open the door.

And that startled Siwon a little for Kyuhyun's fast reaction.

"Erm, sorry for the shout, I was a little anxious..." Siwon tried to explain when he saw the tension on Kyuhyun's face.

"Is there anything...that you require me?" Kyuhyun asked, with his tone softened at Siwon's explanation. Of course Siwon was not meant to shout at him, Kyuhyun knew that in his heart...

"Kangin the manager of Hotel Choi will be here shortly. And we have matters to discuss, so prepare drinks for us." Said Siwon.

"Sure... It is...regarding Mr Cha, right?" Kyuhyun asked cautiously.

Siwon arched his eyebrows, wondering a while where did Kyuhyun heard the news, and he made a mental note to himself - Hyukjae.

"Yes..." Siwon nodded, with a small smile attached on his face.

"Is there...anything I can help? I know...I am just a secretary... But I would help to...share your burden..." Kyuhyun looked down the moment Siwon smiled at him, but he wanted to make his point to Siwon, so he spoke with his eyes on the floor.

 

Siwon held his breath seeing Kyuhyun like a shy bunny again, and the word "adorable" was once again flooded his mind. Eyeing at Kyuhyun carefully for the first time in the day, Siwon noticed the outfit that Kyuhyun was wearing.

Blue and white checkered shirt bringing his cuteness out, and the silm fit work pants showing off his lenghty thighs well. And...there was a faint fragrance when Kyuhyun walked in... Siwon sniffed a little, and closed his eyes to take in the sweet scent through his nose. Lavender...with a little mixture of vanilla in the air.

Is that...from Kyuhyun?

"Erm... Sajangnim?" Kyuhyun raised his head, hearing no response from Siwon.

Siwon snapped himself from his daze, and blinked a few times before he realised what had happened.

"Oh, right. You don't have to worry, Kyuhyun. I can handle that. But thanks...for wanting to share the burden with me..." Siwon smiled once again, heartwarming to know Kyuhyun's kind intention.

Kyuhyun nodded, and after he stepped out of the office, he remembered something and so he peeked into the office, "Sajangnim... You have not eaten any lunch. Do you want me to add a sandwich with your usual coffee? You can have it while you discuss with Kangin."

"Oh..." Siwon got a little surprised at the sight of Kyuhyun talking with his head peeking from the door, "Sure. Thank you Kyuhyun." Siwon flashed his dimples this time, making Kyuhyun blushed and was quick to close the door before anything embarrassing happened.

 

As for Siwon, he did not miss the blush on Kyuhyun's cheek before he scrambled off the room.

Whats with the blush? Did I did something that make him blush? And...the way he call me "sajangnim"... Since when it has become so sweet to my ears?!

 

It was not until 7 in the evening that Kangin stepped out of Siwon's office. Kyuhyun stood up the moment he heard the door opened, and greeted Kangin, feeling a little pity for the manager, knowing they must have cracked their brains to the fullest with various solutions.

Siwon stepped out as well, right after Kangin disappeared in the elevator, and was shocked to find Kyuhyun was staying beyond his working hours again.

"Kyuhyun? Why are you still around?"

"Oh... Erm... I don't feel right...to leave sajangnim in the office and knock off myself while you and others are working hard..." Kyuhyun tried hard not to stammer anymore in front of Siwon, so he gripped hard at the edge of his desk to control his talk.

"You don't have to..." Siwon placed his hands in his pockets as he strolled towards Kyuhyun.

"Erm... It is within...my job." Kyuhyun panicked as he saw Siwon walking towards him, "Erm I have a few calls and messages for you, while...you were inside the office. Shall I report to you now...?" He looked around his desk for the CEO's schedule book, to distract himself.

"Hmmmm actually I am done for the day... How about...we go for a dinner and you can tell me about it? Including my schedules for tomorrow..." Siwon requested, "Provided you have not taken any dinner yet..."

"No I haven't!" Kyuhyun was quick to respond, snapping his head up when he heard Siwon asking for a dinner...date...

Siwon chuckled and signaled Kyuhyun to leave with him, "Pack up then, I got an appetite for a nice dinner today."

Kyuhyun grinned and nodded obediently, sweeping all his stuffs into his bag, all so ready to move within minutes.

---------------------

This was the first time Kyuhyun was seated next to Siwon in his flashy sapphire blue Audi. And he was awed, totally mesmerised at how Siwon flexed his biceps in driving the car. Throughout the whole journey to the restaurant that Siwon had in mind, Kyuhyun couldn't tear his eyes away from Siwon, though a few times he had to pretend to look out of the windows when Siwon turned to his side.

However, Siwon was not an idiot... He knew...Kyuhyun was staring at him. But, he did not say or do anything, as he did not want the atmosphere to go sour... He quite like the moment of Kyuhyun sitting next to him in his car, making the car smell nice of Kyuhyun's scent...

Calming and refreshing...Kyuhyun's scent... Somehow the scent made Siwon felt relaxed and calmed, especially after the whole anxiety day in the office.

 

"Erm here we are." Siwon pulled over at one restaurant, "Do you like seafood?"

Kyuhyun nodded. Anything with you, I will like it...

"Good. This place is famous for its grilled fish and squid." Siwon smiled.

"Oh... That is nice..." Kyuhyun replied.

 

The waiter brought Siwon and Kyuhyun to a divded sector away from the main dining area. After taking orders from Siwon, the waiter bowed and left the sector.

"Why are we seated here?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.

"Oh... Because it is a habit of mine. So I can engage conversation without being disturbed by the others. Be it a date or business meeting." Siwon explained.

"So... You brought your dates here before..." Kyuhyun mumbled, feeling a disappointed knowing this was not a special treatment from Siwon.

"Yup... But...none of them like this place. They find seafood stinks like hell." Siwon smiled, "You are the only one who has no objection to this."

"I have no objection to food..." Kyuhyun blushed to the confession of his obsession over food.

"Haha. I know..." Siwon laughed.

Kyuhyun ducked his face into his hands, knowing what Siwon was refering to. 

"Hey... I didn't mean to tease you. It is good...to have liking over food." Siwon reached over and pulled Kyuhyun's hands forcefully away from his face.

 

With the direct touch, Kyuhyun blinked his eyes and stoned at Siwon's hands holding his wrists. And his heart went pumping fast again, like real fast that the blood pumped straight to his face. But...it felt good... For Siwon to grip his wrist in such a manly manner.

"Kyuhyun...?" Siwon whose hands were still on Kyuhyun's wrists, asked obliviously.

"Erm... I know...my liking for food is way beyond your imagination... Hope it doesn't scare you..." Once he was used to the touch on his wrist with his heart calmed a little, Kyuhyun pouted remembering the tease that Siwon had earlier.

 

And it was Siwon's turn to feel his face a little hot with the pout that Kyuhyun was putting on.

So adorable... Siwon thought, almost wanting to reach further to pinch the pinkish cheeks.

But before his irrational action could take place, the waiter appeared to deliver the food, causing Siwon to release the grip, unwillingly though.

"Lets eat...before the food turn cold. And then you can report to me on my schedules." Siwon said, picking up the utensils to start eating.

Kyuhyun nodded, and beamed further when he saw the food displayed in front of him beautifully.

 

"This is so yummy!" Kyuhyun couldn't stop praising for the taste of the food that he put in his mouth.

Siwon chuckled at the beaming look of Kyuhyun. He never expected that, eating with someone who loves to eat, can be so interesting, and every mouthful tasted heavenly as well.

"Sajangnim. Can I...have a taste of yours?" Kyuhyun his fork, as he eyed at the grilled fish on Siwon's plate.

How can Siwon reject such offer when Kyuhyun was looking at him with those puppy eyes? So he poked a small piece of meat, intended to pass the fork over to Kyuhyun. But being excited to taste something different, Kyuhyun sprang from his seat and bite the meat directly from the fork which Siwon was holding up.

"Hmmmmm!! This is good too!! Sajangnim! This is the best seafood restaurant I have dined ever!" Kyuhyun grinned, and turned his attention back to his food.

Siwon could feel his heart skipped a beat, at the sight of the bouncy Kyuhyun. And he agreed, that this is the best restaurant...no...should be the best dining moment ever in his life...

 

After the main course, Kyuhyun was updating with Siwon of his schedule for the next day.

"There is a month end meeting with the managers from the various department at 10am. Then you have a lunch meeting with Mr Jang from the National Museum regarding the exhibition at Hotel Choi at 12pm. At 3pm, Sungmin requested to have a discussion with you about the spring promotion for the supermarket. And there is an invitation from Mr Song of Bank Song for his daughter's birthday party." Kyuhyun listed out the schedules, professionally not stammering a word.

"Mr Song?" Siwon arched his eyebrows, seems like the news of him being single had spread out to many ears...

"He sent the invitation card a few days ago, and you said you will consider of going, for future purpose... So I added in your schedule..." Kyuhyun explained.

Siwon nodded, "I understand... Tomorrow I will require you..."

 

Before Siwon could finish his sentence, a man in black and white suit walked in the divided sector, uninvitedly.

"My my... Who do I have here? Mr Choi Siwon." The man grinned, with his hand sticking out for a handshake.

Siwon clenched his teeth, as he stood up to greet, "Mr Cha. What a surprise to see you here."

Kyuhyun bulged his eyes out when he heard the name that had given Siwon a hard time today. Mr Cha of Prince Hotel.

"I happened to have a liking to this restaurant." Mr Cha smiled, but his eyes were expressionless.

"I see. Pardon us, but we have done our dining. May you excuse us." Siwon signaled Kyuhyun to get out of the place, but Mr Cha stopped them before they could stepped out of the divded sector.

 

"Choi Siwon. You should know... Fighting with me, is not the appropriate way to solve the problem." Mr Cha spoke, in a rather cold way.

However, Siwon did not flinch at the daggers that Mr Cha was throwing towards him, "I believe my father can fight you, means you are not an opponent to us. And believe it or not, I am 10 times more stronger than my father. That is why I can expand our enterprise way further than what my father had done."

Mr Cha smirked, "Young man, don't get too full of yourself."

"Because...I can." Siwon bowed and walked out, with Kyuhyun following closely behind him.

 

Inside the Audi, Kyuhyun was afraid to break the awkward silence. So, throughout the journey, he looked out of the windows, not wanting to disturb whatever thoughts Siwon had at the moment.

Only when Kyuhyun sneezed out of the sudden, Siwon then realised he had someone in his car.

"Oh sorry Kyuhyun! I was too immersed in my thoughts that I forgot about you...though you were sitting next to me... What is wrong with me?" Siwon cursed at himself.

"Erm its ok sajangnim." Kyuhyun sat upright, glad that Siwon was finally back to himself.

"Oh dear. I should have sent you home... Can I have your address?"

 

Pulling off at the outside of Kyuhyun's apartment, Kyuhyun thanked Siwon for the ride before he climbed out of the car.

"Thanks for the nice dinner sajangnim." Kyuhyun turned back, holding the car door opened, "I...like what we had for tonight." And he blushed slightly.

"Glad you enjoyed it. But someone just had to interrupt us..." Siwon sighed, refering to the unwelcomed person earlier in the restaurant.

Kyuhyun shook his head, "You looked awesome, standing upon him firmly, not showing any weakness to him. I...admired that side of sajangnim very much."

Taken a little aback with Kyuhyun's words, Siwon went speechless for a split second.

Noticing the awkwardness between them, Kyuhyun closed the door after mumbling a soft "goodbye" and wanted to scramble into the apartment and hide his face for saying something so...mushy.

 

"Hey Kyuhyun!" But Siwon rolled down the car window and called after Kyuhyun before he disappeared in the apartment.

Kyuhyun turned around at the call, "Sajangnim?"

Siwon smiled flashing his dimples, "You look...cute in this outfit."

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes as he tried to process the words, worrying that he heard the wrong things.

Did...he just praised me?!

 

"So...erm... See you tomorrow. Good night." And Siwon rolled up the car window and zoomed off into the dark streets, leaving Kyuhyun awestruck at the entrance step.

 

DID HE JUST SAID THAT I AM CUTE?!

--------------------

Kyuhyun skipped towards the company, still feeling great at the words that Siwon had said to him on the earlier night. And he was already anticipating more interaction with Siwon. Wearing yet another checkered shirt, this time in green and white, with another pair of silm fit work pants, hoping to impress Siwon yet again.

 

"You look...cute in this outfit."

 

Kyuhyun giggled to himself. He walked in a faster pace, hoping to see his sajangnim as soon as possible.

 

But when he reached the company, he got a shock of his life, when he saw a group of buffed up men pushing the struggling Siwon into a black van forcefully, the moment he stepped out of his flashy Audi.

And before he could react, the van drove off at high speed.

 

"NO!!!!! SAJANGNIM!!!!!" Kyuhyun screamed at the top of his lungs, and ran hysterically after the van.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!