Prologue

It's Ok, You Don't Have to Love Me Back

Early morning, the alarm rang off at the side table of his bed. He stirred up from his sleep, blinking his eyes as he figured that the day had started with the sun gazing at his sleepy face. He groaned, seeing the bright daylight out the windows, for he is never a morning person. He wanted to sleep a little...just a little more, but...he can't. Even though he spent the night before, tossing and turning on his bed, feeling nervous and excited for this day, which resulted to the super duper sleepy him.

For this day, is the start of a new chapter of his life. 

Or he hoped so. When he heard the words that led to this "special" day.

 

"Congratulations, you got the job."

 

He sat up on his bed, stretching a little with a loud yawn.

He dragged his feet to the bathroom, and a first glance in the mirror was enough to make his screams echoed the bathroom loud and clear.

"NO!!!! WHY IS MY FACE SO BLOATED??"

 

All he had was a bowl of ramyeon, and a cup of hot chocolate and a plate of fried eggs, and a bar of chocolate for desserts before he turned in for the night, because he couldn't calm himself down to this day to come. 

... Ok that seems a lot to stuff in his stomach before he went to bed, which resulted to a bloated face.

Well done. SO WELL DONE, for the first day of his new job has to be this day!

 

Nevertheless, in order not to be late for his first day and to give a bad impression to his new boss, he quickly shred his pajamas and stepped into the shower cubicle, hoping the cold water would shrink his bloated face.

How naive...

 

Done preparation within an hour, he walked out of his apartment, in nicely ironed shirt and pants with a sapphire blue tie and a pair of shining shoes which he spent the day before polishing. He even styled his hair, with his thick slight curly fringe covering his forehead nicely, and the brownish fluffy hair with a little volume that doesn't look too flat. He pulled over his messenger bag, and was all ready for this new start.

A new start hoping for some change in his life.

 

"CHO KYUHYUN! FIGHTING FIGHTING FIGHTING!" He shouted to himself before the lifts, scaring a little schoolgirl who was waiting for the lifts with him.

 

"Oh hi Sulli. I am sorry I...didn't see you there." Kyuhyun smiled.

"Kyu oppa, you look different today." Sulli giggled after the shock of her day, "You look so smart."

"I am going to start working from today onwards." Kyuhyun grinned.

"Oh! As computer gamer?" Sulli tilted her head, knowing that Kyuhyun is a huge fan for computer games.

"Erm... No..." Kyuhyun did not know how to explain his job to a schoolgirl aged of 9, "But it will be fun as well."

Of course it will be fun...I hope...

 

Waving to little Sulli as she turned to walk herself to the nearby school, Kyuhyun set off to another direction towards the subway.

 

After a half an hour of journey in the train, squeezing with the morning people rushing for work, Kyuhyun was thankful that he was still alive, surviving the journey to the business district where his workplace will be. Standing in front of the entrance of the tall building, he arranged his hair a little from the reflection, hoping to be as impressive as possible, though he has no idea how to be as impressive when the boss is way beyond...impressive.

Just then, a magnificent Audi in flashy blue appeared in front of the entrance. Quick enough, a staff appeared immediately to open the door of the car. From the reflection, Kyuhyun was shocked, to see the owner of the car stepped out of the Audi.

 

THAT WAS TOO FAST!! As he didn't expect to see the handsome face so soon! And at the entrance of the building! 

 

Not prepared to stand face to face with the owner of that flashy Audi, Kyuhyun ran into the building like Dash from the Incredibles, and hid behind a pillar, to sneak peek at the handsome face.

Damn... How am I going to survive like this working for him?! WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO CHO?!

 

The owner of the Audi, wore a smart suit in dark grey, with a white collar shirt underneath the suit. With his fringe combed upwards, showing off all his handsome features, especially those big round eyes and dimpled smile greeting the staff who opened the door for him, indeed a man who can swooned all beings around. He dropped the car keys to the staff, and walked towards the building as the staff drove his car away. Probably to park it somewhere for him.

Once he was inside the building, all people turned to bow towards him, greeting him brightly.

"MORNING CHOI SAJANGNIM!" 

 

And Kyuhyun almost stopped breathing when he heard the man greeted back in his husky voice.

"Good morning." And he disappeared in the elevator with people following him trying their lucks to share the same elevator.

 

Kyuhyun swore, he almost fainted on the ground. Literally.

Seriously... What have I gotten myself into?! HOW CAN I WORK FOR HIM...NO WORK WITH HIM WITHOUT EMBARRASSING MYSELF?!

 

Kyuhyun stood on the ground, trying to calm his heart which was beating like a frantic running horse. He breathed in and out, as he tried to process his brain once more.

"Ok Cho Kyuhyun. You wanted to try. And yes you got the job. And you came here for your first day. And now what? You want to back out now?! No, of course you can't! You told yourself, you want to see him again, don't you? And here you are! So what is stopping you?! Come on Cho! You are his employee now! BE PROFESSIONAL!" Kyuhyun mumbled to himself, though it was loud, that people around him could hear his rumbles.

-----------------------

"You hired an IT graduate to be my secretary?!" The CEO arched his eyebrow after his HR manager told him about the new personal assistant.

"Yeah I know it sounded ridiculous..." The manager tried to explain, but was stopped by the CEO.

"This is way beyond ridiculous, Lee Hyukjae. And if you think this is one of your jokes, its not funny." He shook his head, "What does an IT graduate knows about being a PA?"

"Hey, Choi Siwon! What makes you think I am joking?!" Hyukjae protested, "I did interviewed the people for you, and this person of all, was the best. He has a great capacity in storing information and naming them all WITHOUT failed, which is good for you this busy man who has problem in remembering your own schedules. And not to mention he is good in computer, he could help you with keying data into your laptop or computer, which you hate to do so most of the times." Hyukjae grinned, "See I am not a dumb person as you always say."

"...Fine. Bring him in.." Siwon sighed, finding himself lost in words for debating.

 

Kyuhyun was already briefed by the HR manager of his job scopes and where he will be seated (RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CEO'S OFFICE!) and the respective managers of the different departments whom he met along the way towards the CEO's office.

And after the short briefing, he was left alone at his table, looking around so curiously. And astonished by the interior design of the building and the office.

Choi Enterprise...is indeed one of the most established company in town. Even if he wasn't here for a secret motive, he would like to work in this company, probably an IT staff...

 

"Kyuhyun-ssi? Sajangnim wants to see you." Hyukjae called out from the CEO's office.

HERE IT IS!

 

Kyuhyun lowered his head as he walked towards the office, knowing that his face will burn at the moment with the CEO looking right at him.

"Ahem... Kyuhyun-ssi?" Hyukjae pulled Kyuhyun along, puzzled at why Kyuhyun was looking so shy. He wasn't this shy during the interview, and earlier when he was being introduced to the managers of the company!

So where did this shyness came from....?

 

Siwon stood up from his armchair, and walked towards the shy boy. This is interesting...

 

"So you are my new secretary?" Siwon smiled, though the new secretary was not looking at him.

Kyuhyun bit his lips. Damn... Is he standing in front of me now?!

"Kyuhyun-ssi...!" Hyukjae nudged Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun inhaled a deep breath, and raised his face up. And damn he was stunned by the handsome face smiling at him.

 

"Y...yes, sajangnim." Kyuhyun congratulated himself internally for able to mouth the two words while he felt blood pumping right onto his face.

"You have a nice voice..." Siwon wondered aloud, before he could stop himself.

And all Kyuhyun could do, was staring straight at the CEO with his puppy eyes because of the praise for his voice.

 

Siwon blinked his eyes, a little startled to have a pair of puppy eyes staring at him. And strange to him, he thought he had seen them before... So he narrowed his eyes, with his gaze fixed at Kyuhyun trying to recall.

And Kyuhyun thought Siwon's stare was because of his morning bloated face...

DAMN MY BLOATED FACE!

 

"You...look familiar... Have we met before?" Asked Siwon.

!!! Did I gave away a little too much?

Kyuhyun averted his eyes away, as he mumbled "Maybe...", hoping the CEO did not catch what he said.

 

"Anyway, hope we can work well together. Welcome to Choi Enterprise." Siwon held out his hand to welcome Kyuhyun.

Hand... Oh no... Does it mean he wants to shake my hand??????? Kyuhyun stared blankly at the hand... What a handsome-looking hand with those slender fingers...

"Kyuhyun-ssi?" Siwon waved his hand to get the attention from Kyuhyun, which caused Kyuhyun to snap his head up.

"Oh... Erm... Thank you..." Kyuhyun grabbed Siwon's hand, and instantly he could feel the sparks exploding in his heart, "I...I hope I can do great help to...you, sajangnim."

 

Both smiled at each other, while their hands were linked in the handshake.

 

That...went well.. Good job Cho Kyuhyun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok prologue done! A little celebrate for #Kyuhyun8thDebutAnniversary!! Kekekeke... Happy 8th Debut Annivesary Kyukyu!!

And I have NO IDEA why Kyuhyun in this fic is behaving...so shy... >< Shy Kyukyu...is not my initial plan... Anyway, I hope it turns out well... :3