Fifteen.

Back to Reality!

Tao and Kris walked into school, hand in hand, both of them smiling brighter than they had in a long while.

It was like they didn’t have a care in the world.

“Uh, guys?” a voice called from behind them.

The two of them turned to see Chanyeol and Sehun looking at them in confusion.

Kris smiled at them, “Hey” he greeted, whilst Tao just send them a small wave with the hand that wasn’t in Kris’s.

“What’s all this?” Sehun asked, seeing no point in beating around the bush.

Kris rolled his eyes, “What does it look like?” he shot back.

“Like you’re holding hands” Chanyeol supplied, before laughing along with Sehun.

“We’re together” Tao said, knowing that if it kept on as it was, they would get nowhere.

Chanyeol and Sehun stopped laughing as they looked at Kris, who only shrugged in return.

It was going well, in Kris’s opinion. He and Tao had been together for three days now, and honestly, he wasn’t sure why he handed just asked the younger out sooner. He admits, that maybe, he had been a little stupid in his persistence that it wouldn’t come to any good.

But really, he had his reasons. He was scared, and he didn’t know how to work around those fears. But all that mattered is that he’d managed to overcome them in the end, and he – and Tao – were a lot better off as a result.

They were all smiles and giggles as it were.

“Well, uh, that was unexpected” Chanyeol said after a while, “So you sorted it all out, then?”

Kris smiled, “Seems like it” he said, earning a roll of the eyes from Tao.

It was pretty give and forth after that. Chanyeol and Sehun teased the newly formed couple as they walked to their classes. When they reached the first floor, Tao and Sehun split away from them – not before Tao and Kris shared a rather long kiss – whilst Chanyeol and Kris continued up to the second floor for English.

Chanyeol spent most of the period asking Kris about what had happened with himself and Tao. Kris told him it all, from how he realised that he couldn’t just let Tao go, how he’d formulated the plan to woo him, how he’d gone to the younger’s house and serenaded him – at which point Chanyeol burst into a fit of laughter – then finally how Tao agreed to be his boyfriend and that was that.

Chanyeol, though still highly amused, was happy for the pair. Though he was closer to Kris than Tao, he was tired of having to see the younger boy upset all the time because his best friend wouldn’t get his head out of his and just ask him out. But he was tired of seeing how solemn Kris was about it all too. The night he and Lay had gone to Kris’s house after the taller boy and Tao had had their fight, he saw just how scared, how beat up Kris was about the whole thing.

He understood to a certain point why Kris was afraid, but at the same time, he found it all a little ridiculous that it had taken the two so long to finally get together.

Nevertheless, he was over the moon that the two of them were finally a couple. He could see it, in their faces, in their body language, just how happy they were. It was brilliant.

Kris nudged Chanyeol with his elbow as the bell went. They each grabbed their things and got up, leaving the classroom pretty quickly – though Chanyeol shot a wink at their teacher first who was fighting the urge not to swear at the overly excitable boy – and making their way down to P.E, where they met up with Xiumin, Luhan, Lay and Chen.

“Where’s Baek?” Kris asked, noticing the boy wasn’t there, which was unusual. Honestly, he realised he should have known something was amiss when the short boy wasn’t with Chanyeol at the start of the day.

Chanyeol chuckled as he began to change into his P.E kit, “He’s got a pretty bad cold, so he took the day off. His mum’s fussing over him” he said with an amused glint to his eye, “Made him take a load of medicine and all that”

“Shouldn’t you be feeling sorry for him?” Luhan pointed out as he pulled on his royal blue polo shirt, followed by his black shorts.

Chanyeol shrugged, sitting down on the bench to lace up his trainers, “Probably” he admitted, “But I’ll go over after school and make sure he’s alright anyways”

“Tell him I said to get well soon” Xiumin smiled. He was leaning against Chen, who had an arm around his shoulders, the two of them already changed and just waiting for the others – namely Kris – to finish.

“I will do” Chanyeol said, getting back to his feet, “Although, I’m pretty sure he’s just milking it because he wanted a day off school”

Lay laughed at that, “Why am I not surprised?” he shook his head softly.

Kris went to say something, but before he could, Suho walked into the changing room and called them to attention.

“Guys” he said, “Mr. Nurse isn’t feeling all that good today, so he’s asked me to sub for him. So once you’re changed, meet outside on the field. But I’m gonna need four people to help me carry out some equipment”

“We’ll help” Kris said, pointing at himself, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Lay, who nodded.

Suho smiled, “Cheers. Alright, the rest of you go and wait outside!”

Luhan rolled his eyes, but grabbed Chen’s hand and pulled him along to go and wait for the four volunteers on the field.

“So,” Chanyeol asked, “What are we playing?”

Suho grinned, “Rounders” he said.

--

By the time they were back in the changing room, showered and dressed, spirits were high and – thanks to Chanyeol – everyone knew about Tao and Kris.

“Chanyeol” Suho’s voice came from beside the group, “As much as I’m happy you’re having fun, now is not the time to be having a gossip session...”

Chanyeol gasped over dramatically, “Sir! I resent that! I am a man! I don’t gossip!”

“Chattering on about people’s relationships to your friends is pretty much what gossiping is” Suho pointed out with an amused glint in his eyes.

Chanyeol opened his mouth to argue back, but he was cut off by someone laughing manically.

They all turned to see Lay stood at the back of the group, bent over with his hands on his knees looking like he was about to stop breathing since he was laughing so much.

Suho looked at him in concern before pushing through the other five boys to pat Lay softly on the back, “Um, Yixing” he said tentatively, “Are you alright?”

Lay nodded, though he was still bend double and giggling like mad, “Yes” he wheezed, “It’s just... you guys.... are such, aha, idiots” he said before started to laugh harder, tears squeezing out of his eyes.

Suho frowned and looked up at the others with a look that said ‘What-do-I-even-do?’ but the others just shrugged.

Xiumin and Chen looked as though they were about to start laughing themselves, though not because they thought the situation was funny, purely because Lay’s laughter was infectious.

Luhan had already started to giggle and bit down on his lip to stop himself from joining Lay in a bout of insanity.

Chanyeol looked at Kris, who was looking at Lay in shock.

Eventually, Lay managed to calm himself down and stand up right again, though Suho kept a cautious hand on his back.

“Are you okay, now?” Suho asked

Lay nodded, obviously trying not to laugh again.

“Man, it really wasn’t that funny” Chanyeol said, smiling slightly.

“I know” Lay laughed a little, “It’s just... you really are like an old lady the way you go on sometimes. I thought Baek was bad with the whole gossip thing, but now I see where he gets it from. Tao too” he coughed, and wiped his face where a few tears had slid down his cheeks.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “You ”

Lay smirked and waggled his eyebrows at the tall boy, making the others – bar Suho, who was too busy hiding his blush by busying himself with some paperwork that was off to the side – burst into laughter.

“Lay, man, come on, you’re meant to be the innocent one” Luhan said, finally coming down from his laughter as they walked out of the changing rooms.

Lay rolled his eyes, “Oh, if only you knew” he said slyly.

They’d reached the hub by this point, and Luhan turned and trapped Lay against the wall, “What the hell do you mean by that?” he asked, clearly taken aback.

“Nothing” Lay said, not losing his cool, but finding himself to be a touch irritated. He was used to his friends thinking that he lacked in the field of ual encounters, but really, he was an eighteen year old boy with a drive. What did they expect? That he was completely al to the point that he’d never so much as had a wank?

“Liar” Luhan pushed, not noticing Chen take a step forward, and Kris and Xiumin exchange an awkward glance with once another, whilst Chanyeol just looked between Luhan and Lay in confusion.

Lay scoffed, “Oh, what? So now I’m not allowed a life? Because I’m innocent little Yixing, who wouldn’t do anything like that. Oh, tell me, how does work, Luhan, because I clearly haven’t got a clue” he drawled out sarcastically.

“Don’t get snippy with me!” Luhan shot back, “I’m just saying that as your best friend, I should know if you’ve done that or not!”

Lay’s eyes narrowed slightly, “No. You’re not. Chen is actually, and I’m pretty sure that would work two ways! How would you like it if I came at you, asking about if you’ve ed Sehun yet!”

“That’s different!” Luhan huffed indignantly.

“Oh really?” Lay said testily, “How so?”

Luhan’s eyes narrowed, “Because I have a boyfriend, so people’ll just assume. When was the last time you were with someone? Huh? Chen? That was years ago! So what’s the big deal about everyone knowing you’re a ?”

“Yeah, funny that, because I’ve not been a for about two years” Lay snapped, his eyes daring Luhan to say something else.

He hadn’t meant to get snippy with Luhan, he really hadn’t. He was just tired of his friends assuming to know every intimate detail. It wasn’t like he wanted them to think he was a raging or anything, he just wished they’d give him some credit.

If he were a , he’d happily admit it, but he wasn’t. And he was done with people telling him things about himself that were so far from true.

It seemed that Luhan had composed himself enough to drop his arms from where they held Lay against the wall and take a step back.

“You what?” he asked, his voice thick with shock.

Lay exchanged a quick look with Chen, who simply shrugged before moving his eyes to Xiumin, who gave him a small smile and mouthed ‘I don’t mind’.

The boy against the wall sighed, “What do you want me to say?” he asked, “That I’m sorry I didn’t tell you? Because I’m not. It was a one off thing”

“... Who, uh, who was it?” Luhan asked, feeling increasingly guilty.

Lay ran a hand over his face, “Does it matter?” he asked.

“Yes” Luhan said, “Of course it matters, it’s a big deal”

Lay laughed a hollow laugh, “Not really” he said, “But if you really wanna know, then fine. I slept with Jongdae”

At this, there was a deafeningly loud silence. All eyes moved to look at Chen, who only smiled and waved before rolling his eyes at Lay, who was clearly trying not to laugh at the shocked faces of his friends – well, besides Kris and Xiumin.

“Kris doesn’t seem very surprised” Chen said after a moment, getting rather tired with everyone not saying anything.

Xiumin smiled, “I, uh, actually told him already. When we were at camp” he admitted, “I forgot to mention it, I guess”

“No ” Chen rolled his eyes, but smiled nonetheless as he wrapped an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders.

Luhan gaped as he turned back to Lay, “You... And... And Chen?” he managed to get out.

“Yup” Lay said, “I told you, time and again, I’m not this little innocent thing you all think I am”

It was awkward for a little while after that, with Luhan and Chanyeol asking Lay question after question about how it happened, and why, and why they never said anything – at which point Lay pointed out they didn’t even know Chanyeol back then.

“Man, this is freaking stupid, can we just get over it?” Chen said, it was already nearing the end of their third lesson of the day and Luhan still hadn’t shut up about it.

“But...”

“No buts” Chen sighed, “Get over it. We had two years ago, we’ve both moved on, and so you should too”

Luhan sighed, “Fine” he said, “But you have to admit, it is kind of shocking”

“Not really” Chen shrugged, “Considering what Xing and I used to be like... We were basically all over each other back then, but after that happened, we just decided it was gonna be a onetime thing. Besides, then I got into it with Min, and whatnot”

Luhan smiled, “Fair point”

--

Baekhyun sighed. He was tired of having a bunged up nose and watery eyes. And he didn’t even want to start on the whole chesty cough situation he had going on. The phlegm alone was enough to make him cringe.

“Knock, knock” a voice came from his bedroom door.

He looked up to see Chanyeol stood there with a small smile on his face and a try in his hands with a bowl on it.

“Hey, you” Baekhyun smiled as Chanyeol moved into the room, closing the door behind him, and made his way over to Baekhyun’s bed.

He sat down beside the slightly older boy and placed the try on his lap. On the tray was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a spoon.

“I brought you soup” Chanyeol said, picking up the spoon and dipping it into the bowl, “I thought you might be hungry” he said as he fed Baekhyun.

Baekyhun smiled, letting himself be fed, “Yeah, I am a bit” he said, taking another spoonful, “I’ve also been bored out of my mind”

“I’ll bet” Chanyeol laughed, “The guys missed you today”

“Even Soo?”

Chanyeol grinned, “He’s been a bit upset lately, but even he managed to say to tell you, and I quote, ‘stop being a lazy er, you’ve got a cold, it’s not like you’re dying. Get off your and get back in school’ and then he said to tell you he hopes you feel better soon. He even made the soup for you. I just reheated it downstairs”

At this Baekhyun raised a brow.

“Okay, your mum reheated it, but I watched, so I get some credit, right?”

Baekhyun chuckled, accepting another spoonful of the soup from Chanyeol, “No, but I’ll give you points for bringing it up and feeding me”

“I can live with that” Chanyeol smiled, feeding Baekhyun another spoon of the soup.

They chatted a little as Chanyeol fed Baekhyun the soup, until it was all gone – at which point Chanyeol took the tray back downstairs and cleaned it all up before returning to Baekhyun. When he got back upstairs, he rubbed  vapour rub onto Baekhyun’s chest and back.

The two of them laid on the bed for a while, with the TV on in the background, playing season six of Supernatural. They were on ‘The French Mistake’, which was one of Baekhyun’s favourites. He liked the humorous episodes. They were a nice break from the constant doom. Besides, Jensen Ackles was B-E-A-UTIFUL.

Chanyeol’s laughter rumbled through his chest, sending vibrations into Baekhyun’s back, since the slightly older boy was leaning against him as they cuddled.

“I can’t believe this” Chanyeol said as the episode came to an end and the next one started up.

Baekhyun turned slightly to look at the taller, “Can’t believe what?” he asked.

“That Dean and Cas don’t realise they’re in love with each other!” Chanyeol sighed, “I mean, it’s obvious!”

Baekhyun smiled, “I know, but there’s not much we can do about that, baby”

“I know, I know...” Chanyeol pouted, “I just wish it would happen, you know”

Baekhyun turned in Chanyeol’s arms and ran a soothing hand over the taller boy’s cheek, “I know, but all good things come to those wait” he smiled.

“I would kiss you right now, but you’re sick, and I don’t wanna get sick, too” Chanyeol said with a chuckle.

Baekhyun smirked, and before Chanyeol had the chance to react, he planted a kiss firmly on the tall boy’s lips.

“If I’m going down” Baekhyun said, pressing two more kisses to Chanyeol’s lips, “Then you’re going down with me” he laughed, making Chanyeol laugh too.

“What am I going to do with you, Byun Baekhyun?”

“Give me infinite hugs?”

“Alright, I can do that” Chanyeol laughed, pulling Baekhyun a tight embrace.

Baekhyun smiled softly, “I knew you couldn’t resist me” he chuckled.

“We both knew that. I was a goner from the moment I laid eyes on you, Byun”

Baekhyun smiled wider, he liked it when Chanyeol was like this. Honest, and flattering, but all over loving. It was nice, and it showed how much they really did care for one another.

“I’m happy” Baekhyun said softly.

Chanyeol tilted his head cutely, making Baekhyun chuckle as he nudged Chanyeol’s nose with his own.

“I mean,” Baekhyun said, pulling back ever to slightly to look into Chanyeol’s deep brown orbs, “That I’m happy I’m with you”

Chanyeol smiled a soft, genuine smile, “As I am, to be with you” he said, then kissed Baekhyun on the forehead for good measure.

--

It’s been seven hours and fifteen days, since you took your love away. I go out every night and sleep all day, since you took your love away.

Since you’ve been gone I can do whatever I want. I can see whomever I choose. I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant, but nothing, I said nothing can take away these blues.

‘Cause nothing compares. Nothing compares, to you.

Kyungsoo was lying on Kai’s bed. The other boy was at dance practice, so he didn’t need to worry about keeping up facades. He didn’t want to be sad about the whole situation as it were, he wanted to be able to walk around with his head held high and act like his mother’s not understanding him didn’t make him feel like his heart had been ripped out of his chest.

It’s been so lonely without you here. Like a bird without a song. Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling, tears from falling. Tell me, baby, where did I go wrong?

I could put my arms around every boy I see, but they’d only remind me of you. I went to the doctor and guess what he told me, guess what he told me. He said ‘Girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do.’ But he’s a fool.

‘Cause nothing compares. Nothing compares, to you.

And that was why he was listening to woe-inducing love songs, that made you want to cry and just hit something. Maybe it wasn’t the best plan, but it was something to help him let out his frustrations, and he just needed to be able to cry, and be sad for a while without people telling him it’d be okay, or that he would get past it. He didn’t want to be lied to for a while, he just needed to let it all out.

All the flowers that you planted, mama, in the back yard, all died and went away. I know that living with you, baby, was sometimes hard, but I’m willing to give it another try. Nothing compares. Nothing compares to you. Nothing compares. Nothing compares to you. Nothing compares. Nothing compares to you.

“Damn this song” Kyungsoo sniffled, wiping his tears away from his face with the back of his sleeve, “So damn freaking sad, but you can’t help but love the damn thing. Stupid ing Sinéad O’Connor” he muttered.

He chuckled slightly at himself as he sat up and took a deep breath.

“Yep, definitely needed that” he said to himself, crossing his legs and grabbing the bottle of apple juice that was on the bedside table, uncapping it and taking a large drink of it before setting it back down again.

“Needed what?”

Kyungsoo turned around to see a sweaty Kai walking over to him. He hadn’t heard him come in, which was odd, he usually had the ears of a bat.

“Oh, nothing important” Kyungsoo smiled.

Kai frowned, “Have you been crying?” he asked, shedding his t-shirt and throwing it into the hamper.

“No” Kyungsoo said, a little too quickly, making Kai raise a brow at him, “Okay, yes,” he amended, “But it’s not what you think”

Again, Kai raised a brow, “Oh?”

“I just needed to get it all out of my system, you know? Just cry it out, without people trying to tell me it’ll be okay and all that ...” Kyungsoo said with a small smile, “So I’ve been on a tragic love-song bend”

Kai let out a small chuckled and pulled Kyungsoo up to his feet and into a hug.

“Ew, Jongin, you’re all sweaty and gross, get off!” Kyungsoo grimaced, but didn’t really put up a fight to pull away.

Kai laughed again, “You know” he said, “I just got a call from my mum”

“And?”

“And,” Kai grinned, “She and my dad are out of town for the night, visiting my aunt... So we have the house to ourselves” he waggled his eyebrows.

Kyungsoo broke out in giggles, “Oh my god” he laughed, “Can you get any sleazier?”

“I resent that” Kai huffed jokingly, “But for real, I think you should come shower with me”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “No” he said, “I have a better idea”

“Oh?”

“Mm” with that, Kyungsoo leant up and pressed his lips to Kai’s, kissing him with all he had, letting himself pour into the kiss, showing Kai what he wanted.

Kai seemed to get the message rather quickly. His hands slid down Kyungsoo’s sides, until they found his thighs. He held onto them as he hauled Kyungsoo up. The elder wrapped his legs around Kai’s waist, crossing his ankles at the back to keep a firm hold on him, whilst his arms wrapped around Kai’s neck, one of his hands sliding up into the younger boy’s dishevelled hair.

Kai, holding onto Kyungsoo tightly, walked over to the bed. He bent over, placing Kyungsoo down first before crawling over him and resuming the kiss that he’d had to break.

His hands moved down to the hem of Kyungsoo’s t-shirt and s beneath it, touching, savouring every feel, of the milky skin beneath it.

Kyungsoo let out a needy whine, making Kai smirk as he lifted Kyungsoo’s t-shirt, and with the cooperation of the elder, removed it completely.

Kai began to kiss the elder’s neck as his hands worked their way down to and Kyungsoo’s jeans. He used his fingers to tug them down a little. Kyungsoo lifted his hips, allowed Kai to pull them down further. He removed his lips from Kyungsoo’s skin for a moment to get rid to the jeans, and then his own, before going back to hovering over the red faced boy, his hands sliding up Kyungsoo’s sides as he did, following the line up to his arms, pushing them above Kyungsoo’s head and pinning them there lightly.

Kyungsoo let out a soft hum of pleasure as Kai’s lips started to ghost over his collar bone, leaving teasing kisses and nips every few seconds or so.

It carried on like that, and before long they were rid of all items of clothing, and things progressed. They moved together in an intimate embrace, knowing one another’s bodies well enough to know how to make the other fall apart in their arms.

The odd caress here, the odd bite there, it all added up to them reaching their peak.

After which, they laid side by side, Kyungsoo’s arm thrown over Kai’s middle. The sheets damp and sticky, and in need of a change.

Their breathing was heavy and uneven, and their limbs were tired. Their eyes drooped slightly, but more from contentment than tiredness.

“I think,” Kai said, once his breathing returned to normal, “you should make all the decisions from now on”

Kyungsoo laughed, a soft, musical laugh, “I take it you liked my idea, then?”

“I more than liked it, Soo”

Kyungsoo chuckled before sitting up slightly, propping himself up on his elbow and looking at Kai, “As much as I’d love to just lie with you for a while, I don’t fancy lying in my own and sweat, so how about we change the sheet and go have that shower?”

“Yeah... We should do that” Kai said, “But, can I just do one thing first?”

“What?”

No sooner had the word left Kyungsoo’s mouth, was he pulled down atop of Kai and kissed. He didn’t put up a fight as he kissed Kai back with vigour. It was as he let his hips roll slightly that he felt Kai’s arousal.

“Already?” Kyungsoo asked against Kai’s lips, his voice sprinkled with amusement.

Kai smirked into the kiss, “What can I say?” he said, “You just get me going, Kyungsoo-ah”

And the shower was completely forgotten as they lost themselves in one another once more.

--

Chen and Xiumin sat side by side on Chen’s sofa. Chen had his arm around the Xiumin, as the elder snuggled into his side.

“Would you rather, marry Xing or Kris?” Chen asked, making Xiumin laugh.

“Um...” Xiumin thought for a moment, “Probably Yixing. I have a thing for the cute ones”

Chen wiggled his brows, “Does that make me cute?”

“Mm, well I can’t be seen with a non-cute guy on my arm, now, can I?” Xiumin winked, “Anyways, would you rather, live in a tree-house, or a Hobbit hole?”

Chen chuckled, “That’s so hard, oh my god,” he said, “I’ll go with Hobbit Hole. You’d have to climb to get in the tree house and that’s effort for lazy people, such as myself”

“Point taken” Xiumin chuckled.

The two of them continued with their game for a little while, before the inevitable boredom kicked in and they decided to go and do something more thrilling, something to keep them entertained.

They put on their shoes and coats before heading out of the house and down the street, making turns when necessary and crossing roads when they had to, before they came to a nice little cafe. It was nice there, and Chen knew the owners, since they were friends with his mum.

They walked in and sat down at a table by the window, each of them in a comfortable arm chair, facing one another. They took off their coats, hanging them on the back of their chairs before looking over at the wall where a huge chalk board had the menu written down on it.

“I’m thinking a nice cup of tea, and a cheese toastie” Chen said, nodding to himself, “How about you?”

Xiumin smiled, “I’ll have the same, but with coffee, not tea”

Chen smiled and walked up to the counter. The woman behind the counter smiled, “Ah, Jongdae, look how you’ve grown!” she grinned, “How’s your mum?”

“She’s good. She said she’d be popping over again soon, she’s just been super busy with work” Chen said leaning against the pink counter top with a grin.

The woman laughed, “I’ll bet! That woman lives for her job” she said, “Anyway, what can I get for you?”

Chen told her the order and paid before making his way back to his seat with Xiumin to wait for it.

They exchanged small talk, sometimes teasing one another, as they waited for their food and drinks. Chen’s legs were tangled with Xiumin’s beneath the table, making the older boy smile.

Xiumin had his hands resting on the table, so Chen took the opportunity to reach across and take one in his own.

“You look cute” Chen said, a soft smile on his face.

Xiumin laughed, “Thanks” he said, “You’re looking rather handsome, yourself”

“I have to look good for you” Chen said, trying to keep a serious look on his face, but ended up grinning as Xiumin rolled his eyes.

Their order came out not long after, and they ate slowly, drank their drinks as if time was not an issue.

Although it had been weeks since they made up, they were still shaken by it a little and wanted to enjoy all the moments they spent together, even if they weren’t really doing anything. They liked to look at each other a lot too, and when their eyes met, they would blush and look away again, only to look back up a few seconds later and have it happen again, only that time they would hold each other’s gaze and smile almost shyly.

Chen was over the moon that everything had been put behind them. He loved Xiumin like he’d never known he could love another person. He liked that they just worked. They were two sides of the same coin. They were two pieces of a puzzle, which on their own were a dot in the frame of a bigger picture, but together, they made up a picture of their very own. He might go as far as saying they were made for each other, but that didn’t excuse his behaviour before, and he knew that he would spend a long time making up for it. But that in mind, he knew they would work, because when you love someone, you work at it, you fight and fight to keep it going because if it’s worth it, then all the fighting will seem like nothing when the smooth waters come.

Xiumin felt the same. He knew that it wouldn’t be a walk in the park. They had things they had to work on, like in all relationships, but the fact that they had gotten through the downs and laughed together through the ups, showed him that it was something he was in, and for the long run. It wasn’t all about cute dates and kisses, it was about communication, and they had proved they had that. They talked things out, and sure, sometimes they would argue, but it went to show that they cared about each other enough to put the effort into every little fight, only to make up again sooner rather than later.

Chen finished first, and set his plate and mug to one side before raising his arms above his head and arching his back to stretch.

“Ew, did your back just crack?” Xiumin asked, swallowing the last bite of his food, then the remaining bit of coffee in his mug.

Chen grinned, his arms coming down to rest on the arms of the chair, “Yup” he said easily, “But it felt good”

“You need help” Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“I resent that” Chen pouted, “Are you telling me you’ve never had one of those bone-cracking stretches that just leaves you all content about everything?”

Xiumin chuckled as he started to put his coat back on, “Well, yeah, but not in the middle of a cafe” he pointed out as he got to his feet.

“I like to express myself” Chen shot back with a grin, as he followed Xiumin’s lead and got to his feet too, pulling on his coat as he did.

They both said goodbye to Chen’s mum’s friend before they walked out of the cafe, hand in hand, and started walking back to Chen’s house.

“You’re staying over tonight, right?” Chen asked as they walked.

Xiumin pursed his lips, “I dunno,” he said, “I don’t have any clean clothes at yours and we have school tomorrow”

“You can borrow some of my stuff” Chen said, squeezing Xiumin’s hand slightly and giving the elder his best puppy-dog look.

Xiumin chuckled quietly, “Are you sure? We’ll see each other tomorrow anyway”

“True” Chen nodded, “But this way I get to wake up to your beautiful face”

Xiumin rolled his eyes, “I’m a boy, Jongdae. Boy’s can’t be beautiful”

“I beg to differ” the younger boy said easily, “Okay, so boys aren't beautiful in the conventional sense of the word, but who’s to say that beauty can only be nailed down to mean one thing? You look at a girl and you can call her beautiful, but then you can call a landscape or a drawing, or even a book beautiful and they can all be taken to mean different things in terms of beauty. So, if all those things can be beautiful, then why not a boy?

 “Because it’s seen as emasculating? I don’t think it is. If something’s beautiful it doesn’t make it feminine. And besides, isn’t it a little derogatory to refer to it as strictly feminine, anyway? I mean, come on, it’s a word, and not a gender orientated one either, so, do you see my point? You, Minseok, are indeed, beautiful”

Xiumin smiled, “have I ever mentioned how much I love you?” he asked, his voice loving and his eyes gentle.

“You might have glazed over it once or twice in the past” Chen answered with a soft laugh.

They’d reached Chen’s house by this point, and let themselves in, making their way up to Chen’s room where they settled down on the bed. It was too early to sleep anyway.

“By the way” Chen said after a while, as he played with Xiumin’s fingers, “I love you, too”

Xiumin smiled, “I’m glad” he said, “Otherwise it might make things a little awkward”

They both laughed at that, both of them looking at each other, eyes shining with joy and amusement.

The door knocked, making their laughter die down a little as Chen’s mum poked her head in with a smile on her pretty face.

“Hey boys” she said, “I know it’s a bit late, but I just got home and I brought cake. Your dad’s home too, Dae, so why don’t you come join us for a little while?”

The boys nodded enthusiastically, getting up off of the bed and following Chen’s mum back down stairs into the living room, where a rather large chocolate cake sat on the table.

“I hope you’ve got a lot of room in those bellies” Chen’s mum laughed, sitting down beside her husband, who’d begun to cut the cake.

He handed a slice to his wife first, then to Xiumin, then to Chen.

They all spent a good while sitting and chatting as they ate the cake – though there was a fair bit left over which Chen’s mum popped in the fridge and said the boys could take some school with them the next day.

It was a good night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hullo~
Well, all in all I'd say this was a happy chapter~
Aside from the tiny LayHan spat~ XD

What did you think??

Oh and I should probably warn you guys that this story only has like... Five chapters left...


Anyways, drop me a comment and such~
Let me know your thoughts and feelings~

Much loves~
Until next time<3