Chapter 13

Officially in Relationship!

"Hi everyone!! ^_^ I'm back! Wow, I had waited for this chapter fro so long... you know, from the day I started writing this story, I was waiting for today! So many thing are finally revealed and our two main character find opportunity to get closer! Plus, there is an encounter that I always wanted to happen... So, althoguh I'm not a good writer, I think this chapter is fun! Personally, it's my favorite! ;) Enjoy!"


… After Jieun sended her massage to Seung-hyun, Leeteuk oppah announced a short break. Jieun went out for a glass of water when her phone start ringing…
- hello?
- It’s me…
- Oh, Seung-hyun-sshi!! Jieun was surprised to hear Seung-hyun’s voice.
- Are you still in the radio show?
-Yes, What’s wrong?! Jieun couldn’t say if Seung-hyun was sad or just tired.
- Hum? Ah…
Ddukbokkie… Do you know how to make Ddukbokkie?
- What?! Jieun was surprised, she wasn’t sure if Seung-hyun was jocking or he really wanted to make Ddukbokkie! Jieun whined: Just order some!
- At this hour?
Annoyed Jieun replied: So you want to make some? At this hour?!

Seung-hyun stayed silent for a second then said: No, forget it! I don’t want it anymore…
- Jieun-sshi, are you ready? We’re starting… Seung-hyun could hear the voice calling Jieun, he said: They are calling you, you must go!
Jieun was so confused with Seung-hyun’s phone call that didn’t notice producer was talking to her, she looked back at him in daze and said: What?!
- We are going on air in one minute!
- Ok! Said Jieun to producer and then she said to seung-hyun: Seung-hyun-sshi, it seems I have to go…
- Ok…
- So… bye for now!
- Hum… Seung-hyun said that and hesitated a bit then continued: Jieun-ah!
- Yes?!
- See you!
What’s wrong with him?! Jieun asked herself and then said: Ok! See you! And then both hung up.
Back to the radio show, Jieun was confident and relax now. Before going on air again, Leeteuk oppah looked through his papers once again and said: It looks like we are going to talk about your personal life even more, I hope you be ok with that!
Jieun giggled and said: That’s ok!
Leeteuk smiled to Jieun and started the show with a cheerful tone: Yes, we are back again, next to me is very beautiful and talented Kang Jieun-sshi! Jieun-sshi did you know you had such a talent in acting?
- Actually I was worried at the beginning and I still am, I’m so thankful for positive responds.
- Your touching performance has gained so much attention, are you usually good at crying scenes?
Jieun laughed and said: No! Actually how can I know that, it was my first time!
- So emotions came from inside?
Jieun answered uncomfortably: I guess so…
- You know these days there was a talk that maybe rumors are true…
Jieun tried to keep her smile and asked: What rumors?
- Aaah, so you haven’t heard about them? People say, your good acting comes from real life experience, cause you are not in good terms with your mom…
So that’s why leeteuk oppah asked Jieun if she is ok with talking about her personal life, Jieun could now understand, she awkwardly laughed and answered: Not at all! It’s not true!
- Is that so? Actually rumors has gotten so excessive recently! You can’t say how they get started! Some of them even become articles… for example there was one article about you being adopted…
- Yeah?! Jieun froze, she couldn’t believe her ears, an article about what?!
- You didn’t know?
- I…
- Wow, that article even had documents…
- It had documents?! Asked Jieun with a voice that could hardly be heard.
- Yes… Leeteuk oppah said that and wrote a sentence on top of one of his papers: Are you ok?
Jieun read the massage and looked at Leeteuk’s worried eyes, she hesitated a bit and then said: Water!
*
Unnie through a newspaper on Jieun and said: look at this!
Jieun was lying on  sofa and had pulled the blanket over her head, after last night’s radio show she had gone mad and had lied there all the time and groan was the only sound that she made occasionally! On the ground and table there were newspaper everywhere and printed papers of online articles and top comments, the house was a mess and Jieun hadn’t even change her clothes from last night…
Jieun grabbed the newspaper and looked at the title of the article: Kang Jieun’s agency still stays silent!
- What?! Said angry Jieun: Why silent?!!
- You want them to deny everything? But it’s true!
Jieun screamed and said: Just tell them to shut up!!!
Junghwa unnie ignored Jieun’s suggestion and said: Did you know, they got most of their information from your neighbors?
Annoyed Jieun asked: Chinja?
- Jieun-ah! I had told you don’t argue with your mom outside, you said you don’t care!
- What could I do? She never let me in!
- Then you had to stop going there!
- You want me to ignore my mom?!
Unnie hesitated, it seems like she had understood that her suggestion was nonsense. She stood up and grabbed her bag while saying: Aaaah, molla, molla! I get going! By the way, they know about your step father too…
Jieun screamed: Nooooooo!!!
Junghwa unnie knew Jieun would show such a reaction so she had kept it for the last minute when she had got as far as possible from Jieun, but Jieun’s scream was still so loud!
- You are so loud! Said annoyed unnie and opened door to leave…
- Gapjagia!! When unnie opened the door she faced Seung-hyun, that’s why she was surprised.
Seung-hyun greeted: Hello!
- Ya! How did you get in?! Do you live here?
- The security guard ajusshi never stops me…
- Is that so? Unnie said that and got out of the house while Seung-hyun entered.
- be careful! Said unnie and continued: She screams every 15 minute!
Seung-hyun didn’t know how to respond to Junghwa unnie’s warning so just forced a smile.
Seung-hyun entered the living room and got surprised upon seeing it, being a total mess. Jieun was still lying on the sofa with the blanket over her head, Seung-hyun went toward Jieun and pulled off the blanket.
Annoyed Jieun screamed but then opened her eyes and saw Seung-hyun, she said: Is that you?!
- Yes, it’s me! Get up!
- I don’t want to!
- Lying there won’t solve the problem, get up!
Annoyed Jieun finally got up and said: That’s so annoying!
- What’s so annoying?! Get up, go out there and say: That’s true, I’m adopted! My mom died in an accident when I was seven, I couldn’t live on my own!
- It’s not the only… Wait!! How do you know that?!
Seung-hyun stared at Jieun and didn’t answer, Jieun continued: How did you know my mom died in an accident when I was seven?! Jieun’s voice got louder as she continued: Just how much has unnie told you about my life?!!
- Is that the problem right now?!
Seung-hyun was right, but Jieun was annoyed anyway. Jieun whined: What should I do now?
- Are you getting up or not?
- To do what?
- To do something at least!
frustrated Jieun started kicking the air with her legs and cried: Molla!!! Reporters are going to keep asking questions from mom, they will all gather around her house… eottoke?!!

- Ya!! Don’t panic like that! Your reaction on last night’s radio show didn’t help at all! Don’t be like that again!
- What do you mean?
- You panicked! Even without seeing your face anyone could say that from your shaking voice!
Suddenly Jieun forgot about all her problems and asked: Hokshi… Did you listen to the last night’s show?
Jieun wished Seung-hyun’s answer be no, but Seung-hyun said: I did!
- Exactly… When did you start listening?
Seung-hyun went into the thoughts and answered: When I called you… Seung-hyun hesitated. “Did he start listening after the call?” Jieun thought wishful.
-… I had started listening to the show even before that! Seung-hyun finished his sentence and blew Jieun’s bubble of hope.
Jieun felt embarrassed and humiliated at the same time, she whined: Eottoke?! It’s so embarrassing!
Seung-hyun smiled but Jieun was so busy feeling embarrassed that didn’t noticed it.
- So, are you coming or not?
- Where?!
- To your mom’s house?! I thought you are worried…
- Right! I should go there, but what if there were reporters? Should I just ask them to go? They won’t, right?
- Let company take care of them!
- Right, company will take care of them! Jieun said that and stood up, she then said: Let’s go!
- Where?
- To do something! Said Jieun, like it was the most obvious thing.
Seung-hyun smiled and thought: That’s what I’m talking about!

*

Although Jieun had a tough day ahead, but she was not the only one who had started her day badly. From the start of the day, Minhyuk had only faced misfortune, first he spilled orange juice on his shirt, then he bumped his head into the parking’s door, he got into his car and started driving, but he hadn’t even took the first turn when another car bumped into his car, the driver was a young girl who happened to be his fan, Minhyuk was not at fault but anyway he chose not to pursue and ended everything with a sign and a picture as fan service. Minhyuk had filming schedule in the morning but when he got at the filming site, he was informed that filming is cancel today because of all reporters who had gathered there. Minhyuk knew why there were so many reporters, it was because of Jieun. Minhyuk had read the news, he guessed Jieun must have a hard time right now, so he planned to call her later or go to her house, but first he decided to have a cup of coffee…
- Thanks. Said Minhyuk to the cashier.
- Wow! Lee Minhyuk-sshi?
Minhyuk heard someone saying his name from behind, he looked around and saw a young girl with long light brown hair who was staring at him, Minhyuk was not sure if the girl was talking to him, she didn’t look like a passionate fan at all! She looked graceful and elegant, like someone who was star herself!
Jessica said: That’s right! You are Lee minhyuk! Wow, looks like I met a real star!
- Do you know me?
- Everyone knows you! I’m a fan!
- Thank you! Minhyuk said that and decided to go his way, but Jessica suddenly asked: Aren’t you busy? Didn’t you have filming today?
Minhyuk stopped and looked at the girl, he noticed the newspaper on the table, it looked like that the girl was reading the article about Jieun.
- The filming got cancel, Do I know you?
Jessica laughed and said: I don’t know, but you may know one of my friends, Choi Seung-hyun…
- Aaaaah! Minhyuk said that with a grin, now he could guess who the girl was, he had sown her pictures before in fashion magazins. Minhyuk continued: Jessica-sshi?
Jessica was impressed she said: You are fast!
- If you are Seung-hyun hyung’s friend I think anyone can say who you are!
- Why don’t you sit down?
Minhyuk sat and said: Honestly, I always wanted to meet you…
Jessica laughed again and said: Why? Has oppah talk badly about me?
- No, he has never talked about you.
- So how did you know we are close?
- Common, everyone knows how close your fathers are, didn’t you guys grow together literally?
- I’m not sure, he is so different from the Seung-hyun I used to know, he even has a girlfriend now…
Minhyuk’s expression changed, Jessica noticed and continued: Oh, right. You are Jieun-sshi’s friend too…
- Wow, you know a lot!
This time Jessica grinned and said: Everyone knows it, that how close you two are! Jessica said that and started swirling her tea.
- Of course! No one is closer to her than me!
Jessica stopped swirling and said: Ah! I think I was right, has all these years friendship lead to love?
Minhyuk was taken back at first, but then he asked: Why do you ask? Does it make a difference for you?
- Why should it? I don’t care about Kang Jieun-sshi’s love life!
Minhyuk laughed like he had just noticed something and said: Aaah, so it’s only hyung’s love life that you are interested in!
Jessica smiled sweetly and said: Of course, we are friends!
Minhyuk grinned and said: So what are you? Jieun's rival?
Jessica laughed and answered: There is noway Jieun-sshi and me be a rival!
- How come you are that confidant?
- Because there is something very important in Seung-hyun oppah’s life that I know but there is no way Jieun-sshi could know about it too!
- What if Jieun knows?
Jessica took a deep breath and replied: I wonder if Oppah tell her... if so, then that's mean my chance is zero! I won't even start the fight if so!
- Wow! Impressive! So that's how women like you fight! You are graceful even when you fight!
- I don’t know how woman like me are, I just never start a fight when I know I’m going to lose!
- So I guess you don’t need my help then!
- Your help? I never asked your help!
- Common, you want me to believe that you are here for a cup of tea only? Plus, your house must be quite far from here…
Jessica tried to hide her fluster with a smile and said: You can still consider it a coincidence!
- I was going to, but then I started wondering how could you recognize me from my back?
Jessica noticed she was completely caught so she smiled awkwardly and said: Ah, right… I think I rushed a bit, didn’t I?!
- At least, you found out you don’t need me a little faster!
- Need you for what?
- To separate them!
- Are you willing to separate them?
- Are you?
- Do I look like a devil mother in low in a drama?
- No, but you can’t be that nice either!
- I already told you I don’t care about Jieun-sshi’s love life!
- Right, you care about hyung’s love life and that’s what scares me…
- You know, you are kinda scary too!
- How come?
- People who keep their secrets to themselves are scary!
Minhyuk grinned and said: Then you don’t have to worry, Jieun already knows my secret…
- And the result?
- I was rejected!
- Impressive!
- You see, I don’t have any secret!
- And any chance as well!
- So are you going to start the fight alone?
- I already told you, I’m not going to be the devil character, but… I guess I have to fight anyway.
- Sure girls are girls, you and Jieun-sshi are both going to have a hard battle!
- Of course it’s going to be hard… Jessica hesitated and then continued: but who told you I’m going to fight with Jieun-sshi?

*

As Seung-hyun and Jieun got closer to Jieun’s mom house, they could see reporters and neighbors who had gathered around the house.
Seung-hyun stopped the car and said: Are you sure you want to get out of the car?
- Don’t worry! They would only take some pictures and ask couple of questions that I just won’t answer!
Jieun said that and got ready to get out of the car but noticed Seung-hyun was getting out too, she grabbed his hand and asked: What are you doing?
- I’m coming with you!
- No, you can’t!
- Don’t worry! They would only take some pictures and ask couple of questions!
Jieun wanted to say something to stop him from coming, but didn’t know what to say. Seung-hyun freed his hand and said: Let’s go! As he opened the door.
Once Jieun and Seung-hyun got out of the car, someone shout: That’s Jieun-sshi! And then everyone ran toward them and reporters started taking pictures, Seung-hyun grabbed Jieun’s arm and whispered: Stay close to me!
- Jieun-sshi, why did you hide the fact that you were adopted? Asked one of the reporters.
- Is that true that your step father was a heavy drinker?
- Did he die due to alcohol overdose? Asked another reporter.
- Is your problems with your mom because of him?
- What? Jieun asked this of the person who asked her the last question, Seung-hyun pushed Jieun forward and said: Don’t stop Jieun-ah!
Finally reporters noticed Seung-hyun, one of them pointed at him and said: Seung-hyun-sshi?!
There were flash light everywhere, Jieun couldn’t even see properly anymore, Then suddenly Jieun heard a manly familiar voice: Open the way please, go back please…
Seung-hyun looked around and said to Jieun: Hurry!
Jieun asked as Seung-hyun pushed her forward: Isn’t that your manager?
- I texted him before coming here!
Jieun saw Seung-hyun’s manager trying to keep reporters away from them and finally entered the house, Seung-hyun closed the gate.
Jieun entered the living room carefully and saw her mom sitting on the ground, cleaning vegetables.
- I told you this would happen! Said mom without looking at Jieun.
- I’m sorry!
Mom sighed and said: None of this is your fault! Don’t be sorry!
- It won’t take long before they all be gone! I’ll make sure they all leave here today…
- It doesn’t matter! It’s not like they are telling lie!
Jieun’s eyes got teary as she said: I never wanted anyone bother you… I tried my best that it never happens...
- I know Jieun-ah! Mom finally stopped working and looked at Jieun, a cold look.
- Ok, so I’m…
- My husband… was worried we won’t be able to raise you well because of all the debts, it’s not like he didn’t like you Jieun-ah!
Jieun wanted to leave, but mom’s words stopped her. This time Jieun said: I know!
Mom Smiled, like it was a relief for her. Jieun continued: Ajusshi was a good man, even though he used to scream a lot! He drank a lot, because he would talk about his true feeling only then! Ajusshi had a good heart and that’s why I don’t want anyone to talk badly about him!
- Thank you Jieun-ah!
Jieun shaked her head and turned back to leave, mom added: Don’t come here again Jieun-ah! This is uncomfortable for me! Do it as a favor for me!
Jieun looked at mom, she looked sincere, Jieun could understand her but didn’t say anything and just left.
Seung-hyun who had waited for Jieun at the door step all the time didn’t say anything when he saw Jieun and just stayed close to her to be able to protect her while walking through reporters. Upon seeing Jieun getting out of the house, reporters started taking pictures again, there were flash lights everywhere but this time Jieun lower her head.
...Seung-hyun chose not to go home and just drive, he believed that’s the best he can do for Jieun, so Seung-hyun drove for hours without saying a word, but finally he broke the silence and said: Don’t cry!
Jieun murmured: That’s embarrassing…
- Don’t be embarrassed, crying just won’t help…
Jieun wiped her tears and said: I don’t mean crying… Ah, but that’s even more embarrassing!
- What?
- That I’m embarrassed of what happened today…
Seung-hyun stopped the car, Jieun continued: I never wanted anyone to see what you saw today… That’s so… Jieun sobbed and continued: I’m sorry for everything… I didn’t want you to see how messed up my life is.
Jieun tried to avoid Seung-hyun’s eyes, so looked away. Seung-hyun said: I wonder how you would say my life is, if yours is messed up and embarrassing!
Jieun looked at seung-hyun, surprised and seung-hyun smiled to her. Seung-hyun then sighed and continued: Ah, Where should I start?
Worried Jieun asked: Has something really bad happened?
Seung-hyun start playing with his finger and gave a bitter laugh. Without looking at Jieun he said: I’m still not sure if it’s bad, but it can get worse always! He hesitated and then added: It seems like my dad want to stop me from working…
Jieun got frustrated and asked: Is that because of me?
Seung-hyun laughed again and said: No, I think he always wanted to do that!
- But why?
- Because he wants me to work for him…
- So how did he let you become an actor in first place…
- He never let me… Seung-hyun grinned and finished his sentence: I ran away!
Jieun didn’t know what to say, Seung-hyun finally stopped playing with his fingers and raised his head, he continued: When I was still in high school, I ran from home, I leaved with one of my friends for a couple of days and then one day I came across an audition poster, I took the audition because I had decided to live on my own… that’s how I became who I am today! Seung-hyun said that and looked at Jieun. Jieun asked: But why?
It looked like Seung-hyun was having a hard time talking, he looked around and said: Why? Honestly, because of my noona!
Jieun stared at Seung-hyun and kept silent, Seung-hyun continued: You know, reach and powerful people have a special way to get on your nerve, everything must be in the way they want it to be! My father is no exception… but one day, my sister decided to choose her way on her own, to live the way she wanted! Simply, but with the one she loved!
- So what happened?
- I remember meeting that man just once, I told myself: Why noona loves him? He is so typical! Hyung was an art teacher, he painted… Jessica used to be his student, that’s how noona met him, Jessica insisted they take classes together… she later said, she had no idea thing gonna turn out like this!
- So your dad opposed?
- Would you stop loving if someone opposed you? They decided to leave korea and live abroad… but thing got complicated for them…
- How?
Seung-hyun sighed and answered: You know, there is a way that it goes, loosing job, becoming homeless, beating up, threating…
- That’s scary…
- It sure is, it was so scary that lead my sister into an accident…
Scared Jieun repeated: An accident?
- There were three cars involved and she had the worse injuries… we found out later that she was on phone with my father when accident happened…
Jieun felt so sad, she said: I’m sorry!
- Why?
- Because you have lost your noona!
- Then you don't need to be sorry! Seung-hyun sighed and continued: Cause she is not dead!
- So…?
- She was in coma for more than 6 month, Doctors thought she would never open her eyes… Right when we all were hopeless, that man came again. He had sold all his belongings and announced that they had already registered their marriage, so he was planning to move noona to another hospital in abroad… You know what my father said? If she had married without taking his permission she is not his daughter anymore. Cold, no?
- Where did they go?
- I don’t know… that’s when I left the house, me who was always so proud of who I was, felt so lost after all that happened. That so typical hyung taught me something, I had never known before, because I was always so busy being someone my father wanted me to be! I had no idea what happened to them until I made it big, then one day I received a gift along with a note with Noona’s handwriting.
Seung-hyun smiled as he remembered that day, he continued: The gift was a painting, Noona had said in the letter that it was a picture of their garden… after that I received a letter every month.
- Why you don’t go and see her?
- Although she woke up from the coma, but she is not able to walk anymore, Hyung said she has got better after years but at first she had more disabilities, including speech disorder that now is much better…
- That means that she can’t talk?
- It’s because of the shock she experienced... You see? I have pretty good reasons not to get along with my father! Seung-hyun said that and smiled bitterly.
Jieun smiled too and said: I’m sorry!
- Why? Is my life more embarrassing and messed up?
Jieun took Seung-hyun’s hand and said: No it’s not! But it must be hard… It seems so hard that I want to give you a hug suddenly!
Seung-hyun laughed and said: Hug? What’s next? Do you expect me to cry on your shoulder?
Jieun answered: Cry if that makes you feel better. But first, let me…
Jieun didn’t complete her sentenced and just hugged Seung-hyun, she patted on his back and said: Who knew the great Choi Seung-hyun had such a grief in his heart! I always thought you don’t talk much because you want to seem charismatic, I never knew you had such a busy mind!
Seung-hyun freed himself from Jieun’s arm and said: You thought I seem charismatic?
- Everyone thinks so! And you must have thought I’m an arrogant person!
- Not really! But you have a way to get on people nerve!
Jieun didn’t know what Seung-hyun mean by “having a way” and asked: How come?
- The first time we met, you made fun of me!
-I never did!
Seung-hyun who felt offended by the memory of that day said: You did! You talked about that interview…
- Which interview?
- The one that I talk about allstar in it and said I don’t like the way they mange things!
Clueless Jieun asked: You really did? Wow, now that you are in allstar you must feel really bad about what you said!
Surprised Seung-hyun asked: You didn’t know?
- No, Which interview was that?
- Entertainment… Wait, so what did you mean when you said you thought your agency doesn’t suit me?
- Aaah, I just thought that it’s impossible for you and me to be that close. You know, how you are a superstar and I’m just a troublemaker singer!
Seung-hyun laughed and said: So you never thought I fall for you that easily, as well? Right?
Jieun smirked and said: You are wrong Choi Seung-hyun-sshi! You didn’t just fall for me, I seduced you completely!
- Then I must be an easy person!
Jieun got offended by Seung-hyun’s joke and said: Ya! Don’t underestimate me!
Seung-hyun looked at Jieun for a moment and then said: You know, you are kinda cute!
- No! I’m y!
Doubtful seung-hyun kept staring at Jieun and said: I don’t think so!
Jieun was shocked by Seung-hyun’s statement, she got angry and said: Ya!! You… What… What do you know?
- Anyway… Seung-hyun started the car and continued: I think I like cute girls better!
Stunned Jieun repeated: Cute?! She grabbed her cheeks and continued: eottoke?! I’m soooo cute!
Seung-hyun didn’t say anything and just grinned and drove off.


 

" End of Chapter 13!"

* Thankyou all for reading my story, I hope you liked this chapter! I'm waiting for your suggetion, so feel free to tell me if you have any! I will try my best to consider it! :)
I tried my best to make a special valentine story, just for our two characters, but I was so busy with my exams that I couldn't make it! I'm sorry!:(

Anywwish you all the best and love you! ^_^ I will try my best, like I always say!
Thank you!:)