Chapter 11

Officially in Relationship!

Jieun was so confused after hearing Seung-hyun’s confession that she didn’t know what to say or how to react, she could not remember how she left Seung-hyun or how she found a taxi and got home, it looked like the world was spinning around her head.
Jieun paid the driver and got into the building she wanted to go to the bed straight, but then the security guard ajusshi called her and said: Jieun-sshi, you finally came, your manager brought your car, she must be in parking right now.
Jieun didn’t say anything instead she changed her way to parking, Ahjusshi was right unnie was there by Jieun’s car side, she got surprised when saw Jieun and said: Jieun-ah!! Where are you coming from? They called me to pick up your car, where did you go without your car? Something happened on the set? Ah, right! Seung-hyun-sshi said he would come after you, did he come? What happened?!
Jieun coldly answered: Why you ask me? Don’t you already know everything? Unnie, I’m really disappointed at you who I trusted the most in the world! I… can’t even ask you how could you do that! Did you really do it on your right mind?
Junghwa unnie got shocked and worried cause she didn’t know what was Jieun talking about, she asked: Jieun-ah! Are you ok? What happened? Why are talking like this?
Frustrated Jieun answered: Unnie you really don’t know? You thought you go and tell a total stranger everything about my life and I won’t figure out?
Unnie could now somehow understand what Jieun was talking about, she braced herself and said: I really did it for you, I thought that’s the best for you…
- Without even asking my opinion once? You gave out my most privet information out, like this? What kind of logic is that?
Unnie screamed: But it helped! He helped you to get out of that accident mess!
Jieun screamed back and said: Right! But you think I’ll believe that the accident is the only thing you told him?
This time Unnie tried to calm herself and took a breath, she said: I…
But Jieun cut her: Forget it! Now I don’t even want to hear your reasons, they are pathetic! I’m going to find a reason to forgive you on my own! You know why? Because you are someone who I trusted the most in my life, you were always there like a friend that I never had, like a real unnie, even sometimes like a mother…
Tears start falling but Jieun tried her best to continue: No matter how hard it get, I was relieved because of you being by my side, I wished you trusted me just a bit as much as I trusted you!
There was nothing more to say, Jieun knew how much she needed Unnie in her life, so she didn’t want to lose her by arguing more, so she just left. Unnie knew Jieun so well, she knew Jieun had a good heart, she might be so sad inside but she would never let it out too much.
It was heartbreaking moment for Unnie too that made her tears to fall, she didn’t know what to do or what to say, so she just shouted after Jieun: I’m leaving with your car! Mine is… in company’s parking!
Unnie wiped her tears and murmured: I brought kimchi, make sure you eat it!

*

Next day, when Jieun went company, she decided to spend her time practicing her line in practice room, she put the script in front of herself and started saying dialogs out load. In this scenes Jieun’s character had to argue with her mom, she would come and live with main character after that. Jieun thought it would be easy for her cause it was exactly like her real life story, she had so many fights and argues with her mom, the difference would be her mom was supposed to slap her this time, something that had never happened in Jieun’s life before!
- Aaah, Choi Seung-hyun! Said Jieun!
No matter how hard Jieun tried to keep her mind busy with the thought of drama’s script, she couldn’t keep Seung-hyun’s weird confession out of her mind!

She couldn’t find another way but to talk directly with Seung-hyun, so she grabbed her cellphone and decided to send a massage to him:

To: Choi Seung-hyun
 
Busy?!!!
Jieun send the massage and decided to wait for reply, it didn’t take long, Seung-hyun replied back:
 
Why?!
Jieun wrote:
  Meet me! I’m waiting for you at our usual place!
Jieun send the massage but then again wrote:
  Hurry come!!!
After sending it, Jieun thought a little and again wrote:
  I’m a busy person!!!
Jieun hesitated before sending but then pushed send and thought to herself, now he would definitely come!
Out there in the cafeteria, Junghwa unnie was reading newspaper as usual when Seung-hyun manager came and sat next to her.
Junghwa unnie smiled to him and said: Ommo, Mr manager! I see you around a lot these days!!
Seung-hyun’s manager answered with sadness: I figured out there is nothing for me to do at home, so I came here… I even got no one to drink with!
- Why do you want to drink? Asked confused unnie.
Seung-hyun manager looked at unnie like the answer was so obvious and she was the only one in the world who didn’t know that! He said: So I can sleep at the morning! I got nothing to do in the morning!
Junghwa unnie stared at him and tried to smile, she failed so went back reading her newspaper.
Suddenly Manager hyung pointed at somewhere in the distance and said: Ah, that's Seung-hyun! He then turned toward Junghwa unnie and asked: Where is he going?

Junghwa unnie answered as seung-hyun got out of the building: You are his manager, ask him yourself!
Hyung gave a deadly look to Junghwa unie and answered: Like he would tell me! He then leaned back but right then jieun got his eyes, walking out of the buildingin hurry. He shouted pointing at jieun: Oh!!! That's Jieun-sshi!
Junghwa unnie raised her head fast and said: That's right! It looks like she is going somewhere in hurry, where could it be?
This time hyung answered uninterestedly: Go ask her yourself!
Now it seemed like it was unnie's turn to give a deadly gaze to hyung, it looked like she wanted to insult him but instead she asked: By the way, How old are you Mr manager?
Hyung got surprised and said: Me? I'm 31!
- Aaah, really? But you look much older! Anyway, that makes me your noona!
Innocent Hyung got so shocked that he couldn't stop himself to say: Ommo! I thought I was wrong! So you are older? Are you more than 35?!
Unnie got angry and hit the newspaper on the table and screamed: YA! Should I be more than 35 for you to talk formal?!! I'm noona anyway, noona!!! Watch what you say!!

*
Jieun and Seung-hyun got to café almost at the same time, they also got out of their cars at the same time, Seung-hyun grinned when he saw Jieun and Jieun gave him a cold look.
Jieun didn’t want Seung-hyun to think his last night confession had any effect on her, so she kept her face straight and continued being cold! Seung-hyun but seemed like is in a good mood, as soon as they sat down he grabbed the menu and said: So we are going to eat here finally!
Jieun remembered whenever Seung-hyun wanted to talk, he wouldn’t let Jieun to order anything, so Jieun said angrily: Ya!!! We are not here to eat!!
- Isn’t an eating place for eating?
Jieun didn’t know how to answer that, so just said: Forget it! I don’t have much time, let’s get on the business!
Seung-hyun didn’t say anything and just stared at Jieun, waiting. Jieun didn’t like that he was grinning and enjoying the whole situation!
- Did you make up your mind?! Asked Jieun.
- What?
- I can’t understand you actually! I’m not like you, you know. When there is something I must make sure if it “is” or “isn’t”! So please make it clear!!
Seung-hyun laughed and said: Clear what?
- You love me?!
Stunned Seung-hyun got offended and said: I never said “Love”!

- What?! Now it was Jieun’s turn to get offended.
- Look, I said I like you, I said I think I like you…
- What?! “Like” like being friend?!
Seung-hyun hesitated than said: Friend? Noooo, Why should I say this if I want us to be friend?
Jieun didn’t hesitate and said simply: Because we are not friend!
Jieun’s answer surprised Seung-hyun, he didn’t know what to say for a second and then said: Of course we are!
- So you love me?! Jieun concluded!
Frustrated Seung-hyun nearly screamed: When did I say that?!
Jieun didn’t say anything, she just stared at Seung-hyun, waiting for answer. Seung-hyun finally said: Ya! Can’t you wait a little?! I told you I need some time…
- Time for what? If you love someone, don’t you just feel it?!
- Do you love me?
- I need some time to think about it!
Seung-hyun got angry and said: Ya!! That’s the same answer!
- No it’s not! Jieun took a deep breath and continued: When you confess, that means you have felt something for a while, but I need to search for that feeling inside of my heart!
- Just feel it, if you love back, you gonna feel some excitement inside…
- When you love someone, you want to be with him, staying by someone’s side for a long time is not as simple as loving him! You have to think about it a lot!
- Ok, so while you think about that I figure out if I love you or not!
- Ok, so I’m gonna set appointments with whoever I want! Jieun said that and grabbed her bag to leave, Seung-hyun asked: What do you mean?!
- How long should I wait for you to decide?! Are you going to think about everything like this? When things get hard and complicated, are you going to leave me to think about them?
Jieun continued: What I’m saying is, if you are not sure about your feeling that’s fine by me, but you don’t get offended by other people’s supposed intentions!
Seung-hyun thought about Jieun’s words for a second, then said: Let’s do this!
- Do what?
- I decided, I like you! I’m still not sure how much I like, but I want to figure it out while I’m with you!
- Ok, but I still need some time to think about it!
Jieun got up and continued: Give me 2 days!
- 2 days?!
- That’s right, see you around Choi Seung-hyun!
- Ya! Kang Jieun! Seung-hyun called Jieun’s name, but Jieun just left; Now that Seung-hyun thought about it 2 days seemed so long!
*
Jieun was searching for her car keys when she realized her phone was ringing, Jieun answered: Yes?
- Hi Kang Jieun-sshi! It’s been a long time! Do you remember me?
Jieun sure could remember this unpleasant voice. The leon shark ajusshi knew Jieun has recognize her from her silence, he said brightly: Ommo, seems like you know who I am, I thought now that you are busy you have forgotten me! Jieun-sshi, you know I’m your fan, don’t you?
- What do you want? Jieun asked coldly.
Ajusshi laughed and said: You sure don’t have a good memory, I really hate to bother you but what can I do? I came here to tell your mother she doesn’t have to give me money cause you are going to pay her debts, but she told me to shut up! I thought I should confirm it with you!
Jieun murmured: You bastard…
- You are being rude Jieun-sshi! Your mom doesn’t want your money, she prefers mine! Is that my problem?! Plus, my intention was all good! I just didn’t want this old woman to come all the way to my office! Am I being wrong?
Jieun was so angry and she knew making her angry was something the leon shark ajusshi wanted. She said: I get it, wait for me, I’m coming!
Jieun said that and hanged off, the leon shark ajusshi also hanged off and said brightly: Ajumma, your daughter is coming!
*

Jieun stopped her car in front of her mother house, she tried to calm herself once again before getting out of the car, she took a deep breath and finally got out. There were some neighborhood ajummas in the alley talking among each other, they stopped talking as soon as they saw Jieun and stared at her, Jieun looked at them but didn’t say anything and opened the gate.
- Aaah, you are finally here, Ajumma! Look who’s here! The leon shark ajusshi smirked and continued: It’s Kang Jieun! We couldn’t get to finish our conversation last time because of your friend…
Ajusshi was talking about Seung-hyun, he continued: Ah, let me correct myself, your boyfriend!
- What do you want? Asked Jieun, but before ajusshi get to answer her question Jieun mom throw a pocket on the bench and said: Take it and go!
Jieun stared at her but mom was looking at somewhere else, maybe even ajusshi could feel the coldness between them, he looked at the pocket then Jieun and said: I think she means you, cause I have got my money before!
- Omma! Let’s talk about it later, for now let me take care of it!
- forget it! I don’t need it, don’t make me repeat myself!
Jieun got angry and said: So you are going to have business with these people again?! Am I that bad? Why? What’s wrong with my money? You can pay me back whenever you could, so why you can’t just accept it now? Why you put me lower than these people?
- Agashi!! We are not bad people! Why you keep insisting on it? That’s really rude! Said the offended ajusshi.
Jieun closed her eyes for a second and then start talking throw her teeth: Ajusshi! Didn’t you say you’ve got your money? So why are you still here? If you have got what you want just hurry and get lost!
This time the ajusshi got really angry and said: Aiiish, Ya!!! I’m your elder, have some respect for me! Ajumma, you’ve not raised your daughter very well…Ah! Right, she is not your real daughter anyway…
- Get lost! Jieun screamed.
- Where do you think you are? How dare you scream in my house?! Mom said these angrily.
Jieun couldn’t believe her ears, she got tears in her eyes. Jieun murmured: Omma!
- Hurry leave! I take care of life on my own! You don’t have to get involved…
- You must have think about it before going to leon shark!
Jieun said that and for the first time after a long time her mom looked at her, Jieun continued: How can I not get involved? You took money from these people and couldn’t pay back, they easily found out my number and asked me to pay for my mom debts, you are the one who got me involved in it! Even when your husband got drunk he would call and say don’t tell my wife anything about that, can you come after me? He told me these when I was just 7! How can you expect me to not get involved in your life when all you do is making it harder for me to not get involved?
- Am I making it hard for you?
Jieun could see the tears in her mom eyes, Jieun knew she was being cruel but she thought maybe that the only way to make her accept her help, Jieun said bravely: Yes!
Jieun mom slapped her as hard as she could, at least Jieun thought so, she would never know cause it was her first time being slapped!
It seemed like even mom herself was surprised cause she didn’t say anything to jieun she just kept staring at her, Jieun also didn’t say anything, she couldn’t believe what just had happened, she knew that was the end of the conversation, Jieun stormed out before seeing the tears that finally came down on mom’s face.

*

For Jieun it wasn’t hard to pretend she is ok, but this time it was different, Jieun looked so down that even next day when she went for filming the director could see that, so he asked Jieun if she is ok, something he never cared about before!
Jieun’s only problem was that she couldn’t concentrate, she was standing in the corner deep into her thought and didn’t even heard when they called her name.
The reality of her argue with her mom had a very strong impact on Jieun that made her forget she have to have another argue with her fictional mom! Jieun was so ready for this, her character had so many problems with her family because they never believed in her and always compared her with her older sister… no matter what was the reason, Jieun’s character had one big problem: her family had abandon her, just like Jieun’s! Jieun could understand her character so much that when her fictional mother slapped her it almost felt like how her real mom had slapped her yesterday, so before even realizing it, Jieun asked something she always wanted to ask from her mom: Why are you being like this?
The director was so shocked because Jieun’s character was supposed to scream and storm out, but Jieun was standing there so calm, Jieun wasn’t aware of what was going on around her, she continued: Aren’t you supposed to love no matter what? You are my mom, aren’t you?
Jieun took a deep breath and continued: Even if you say no, even if you say you don’t want to be, for me… you are my mom. There is nobody else, I just have you, even if you don’t want me…I need you! So, I’m going to do my best to make you love me!
Because Jieun’s words were not on script no one knew what to say, finally Jieun broke the silence and asked: Should I do it again?
The director was so shocked by Jieun’s ad-lib that didn’t know what to do, he said: Yeah? No, no… we gonna keep this…
With directors approval, Jieun was so happy that she could now go home. She left to change her cloth, but in the dressing room she faced Minhyuk.
- That was so good! Said Minhyuk with a smile.
Jieun smiled back and said: Really? Although, I’m not sure if it was all just acting…
- That’s how it is, sometimes everything’s exactly like how things are in your real life!
- I think I was so emotional today.
- Even better, your acting gonna move people… Minhyuk then laughed and added: The director was so shocked by your tears!
Jieun tried to smile and said: Actually it’s not funny!
Minhyuk got serious again and said: I know, that’s why I laugh, to make you laugh! You look so down today!
- Everything is fine! Said Jieun.
- Jieun-ah! If anything is bothering you, I would like to help you with it!
Jieun smiled and said: There is no need, you are really kind…
- I’m not being kind, I just want to do this!
That was something unusual to be said, Jieun found it weird also, so she asked: What do you mean? You mean you do this because we are friends?
- Not as a friend, I want to…
- …be friend! We are friends!
Minhyuk smiled sadly and said: What if I say no?
Jieun was confused, Minhyuk took a step forward and continued: I’m tired of hiding my feelings, but would you accept them if I confess?!
Confess to what? Jieun hated to think Seung-hyun was right, but Jieun was smart enough to know what Minhyuk was going to say next, she just didn’t want to be said!
- I… Minhyuk started talking again and Jieun couldn’t stop him: …Love you!

*

Jieun was walking all alone, she knew where she was going so she didn’t care much how to get there. If Jieun wasn’t so deep in her thoughts she would have noticed people staring at her for sure, but it didn’t matter anymore…
Jieun stopped at Seung-hyun’s door, the ground was wet because of the rain. It had stopped but the cold wind was still blowing. Seung-hyun got out of his car. He didn’t notice Jieun standing under the streetlamp immediately, but noticed her just when he wanted to enter the house.
Seung-hyun looked at jieun in shock, he was wondering what she was doing there, at this hour. He said: Jieun-ah!
Jieun didn’t say anything, Seung-hyun asked: Has something happened? You don’t look good!
- people... Jieun started talking: people say, I have done everything to stay in this industry, I never cared about them talking behind my back, cause I was always ready to do even more! I had no other choice, never! Now that I think back I see that I did have a choice, I could give up, give up and disappear! But, you know something? I never thought about giving up, not even once! I had so many reasons to stay, if I had to name one of them, it would be… Jieun hesitated, then grinned and said: Minhyuk oppah!
Seung-hyun was confused, he had never seen Jieun like that before, Jieun continued: You were right, that jerk had intentions, he confessed to me. Jerk! How could he let me break his heart?!
Tears start falling as Jieun continued: We were friends, from the moment I met him, he became my friend, no matter how much others wanted me to fall, he was always there to catch me, to give me hope, to give me strength. Today, I learned that all that was because of love! You are not a bit as nice as Minhyuk oppah, you never listen to me nor talk to me, we are not even dating for real but… I have to worry about your family, cause they don’t like me, or maybe they don’t like me with you!
Jieun looked at Seung-hyun’s eyes, Seung-hyun was waiting for Jieun to finish her words, Jieun continued as her tears were falling and she was nearly sobing: Choi seung-hyun-sshi, I am a lonely person, the person I call mom, don’t want to see me and I don’t even know the reason! I’ve got no friends and I broke my best friend’s heart today. If you want to stay with me you have to see me fall and endure all my pains, but when the day ends you have to smile, because that’s how I live! Are you able to do it?
Seung-hyun didn’t say anything at first but then, finally he broke his silence and said: Let’s do it!
Jieun repeated: Are you able to?
- I… can do all of these! Seung-hyun hesitated and then added: But you… you have to promise me, no matter how hard it gets, when the day ends, you have to smile and forget all the hardships!
Jieun stared at determined Seung-hyun and asked curiously: What do you exactly like about me?
- You can’t call it love if there is a certain reason!
- Then, there is nothing in me to make you hang on me!
- All! I’m going to hang on all of you!!

 

 

The End!!!!:P

***Yesss, that's the end of chapter 11. I can't believe we reached chapter 11 already!!
Hope you like this emotional chapter, I tried my best, although I'm not satisfied! Please tell me your opinion in the comments, I would love to read them!!!:)
Thank you all! You give me so much energy and I'm so thankful for that! Finally, like always, I'm going to try my best everyone, so please enjoy!^_^***

P.S: I made a little change in forword, actually I added something so why don't you go and check it out?!;)