Okay

Anyber Scenarios

A part of Amber didn’t want to believe that this was actually going on. She wanted to believe that everything was some sort of sick joke where he’d get off a plane and greet them all with a bright grin and a surprised laugh. He’d shake his head and adjust his hair casually wondering how they could ever think he’d leave them especially without saying goodbye.

But then there was the proof all around her. The articles online, the lawyers visiting the company, and of course the bitter words of the brothers he had so suddenly betrayed.

She had sent him a few messages and her world had been crushed when he didn’t reply to a single one. Weren’t they friends? Wasn’t she worth the five seconds it took to tell her he was okay? He didn’t have to explain anything about the lawsuit, all she cared about was knowing he was okay. But apparently she wasn’t worth the time, maybe their friendship hadn’t been worth as much to him as it had to her.

So when he suddenly showed up at the building she didn’t know what to say to him. He seemed to be as equally confused because he just stared at her. His gaze so intense that she was certain he was gazing into her soul. If it had been any other time she would’ve greeted him happily but now the only words she could manage were “What are you doing here?”

She probably hadn’t meant it but her words came out cold and bitter and Kris couldn’t help but flinch. He couldn’t blame her for being upset, or even for hating him but a small part of him had hoped that if someone would embrace him when they saw him it’d be her. “I needed to be present…sign some things.” He watched as she nodded as she processed his words “Okay.”

Was that all she was going to say? Wasn’t she the least bit curious as to why he was leaving? Or more importantly wasn’t she going to ask him to stay? “Yeah” he replied back and for a few seconds waited to see if she was going to say anything else. When she said nothing else he started to walk away mentally begging for her to stop him. Or even just to tell him goodbye.

“Wait!” His heart jumped to his throat as he stopped and waited for her to speak. But again she said nothing and the silence was eating away at him. Still she said nothing so he turned and immediately regretted it when she finally spoke.

“I hope you’re okay”.