No More Tears

Anyber Scenarios
AN: A sad little Jamesber drabble to kick off my return. Thank you for submitting a request! And apologies for it being what four years late?

How many times had they lived through this exact scene? Was it four, five times? How many times had his embrace left her shivering stead of warming her as it once did? Too many times for it to still affect her like this.

Amber watched as James walked solemnly throughout the apartment, collecting the things that were technically his but had made the place theirs. He didn’t even spare a glance in her direction.

It always ended up like this, they always ended up like this. Two strangers with too much history between them living under the same roof. It was exhausting, to say the least. She was tired of it, tired of him walking in and out of her when he felt like it. There were too many hellos and far too many good-byes for her to be okay with it.

She pulled her legs up to her chest, forcing herself to look away from him as he walked into their shared bedroom. She could hear him moving things around and her heart clenched. “No tears Amber,” she muttered to herself resting her chin on her knees “No more tears for him.”