Drink Me

Anyber Scenarios

An: p.s I made donghae a vampire in this because vampire diaries influences so much more than you’d expect! hope you don’t mind, if you do feel free to send another request and i’ll get it done with no supernatural creatures!

The first time Amber met Donghae, she had been amazed with how different he was from everyone she ever met. He was cold and aloof while at the same time he wanted nothing but to enjoy himself in every way that he could. A perfectly understandable wish, especially from someone who lived for as long as he had. He was alone and upset because he claimed nothing was sadder than drinking alone. “Even eating alone is less sad! Hell even an old man eating by himself is less sad!” She’d been pretty lonely that night too and he needed someone to count his drinks. Not because he was trying to watch himself, no he had long since passed that “ it” point, but because he wanted to pass his drinking record. So she spent the rest of the night laughing, taking shots with him and attempting to figure out what came after fifteen. Neither of them could so they gave up and started from zero twice before the bartender was forced to throw them out. Once outside she told herself he was one of the funnest people she met.

The second time she met him was a coincidence, a spur of the moment trip with some friends to some club. Again he was alone, but once again he was out there living. She watched him for a few minutes, jealousy burning inside her as she watched him drink and dance as if though he had no care in the world. He looked up from the bar where he had just finished a round of drinks and gave her a big grin, the next thing she knew she was leaving her friends and sitting next to him. He turned to her and handed her a drink with a playful smirk “What took you so long?” That time she realized that for someone who was technically dead he knew how to live better than she did.

The third time he found her poking halfheartedly at a plate of spicy rice cakes. She was missing someone and she had honestly not wanted to be alone, but she hadn’t been able to bring herself to ask for anyone’s company. But he had sat down beside her, took her plate of food, and spoke “You know you kind of need your mouth to eat. I don’t think poking gets you very far.” She remembered blinking at him in surprise as he smirked at her. Honestly she doesn’t remember what they spoke about or even if they did but after a few minutes of sitting with him, she was smiling again. Before she knew it they were sitting at the bar where they first met, this time he was counting her drinks. Somewhere between the tenth and twelfth shot she decided he was one of the nicest people she knew.

They made it to seventeen that time before he had to start again.

The fourth time they met she almost ran him over with her bike as she made her way back home after a race. He was lying on the floor dressed in all black so he kind of blended into the street, she had swerved so suddenly that she actually fell off her bike. She had been ready to go tell him off (not having realized who it was yet) but he had sat up and blinked at her.

She blinked back.

She didn’t get a chance to say much before he was throwing his arms around her, throwing his whole weight on her so that she almost fell back by the force. They ended up sitting beside the road, taking turns taking shots from a flask. For a while they said nothing, they just sat there staring up at the full moon and the stars. “I miss being human…and I hate it.” He didn’t say anything after that and she couldn’t bring herself to ask about it, but that night she learned he was just as sad as she was. And even though he didn’t know it, was more human than he gave himself credit for.