Mornings

Anyber Scenarios

Warmth. It was the only thing Amber could feel around her, nothing but soft comforting warmth that seeped right into her bones. These were the moments she’d miss when he was gone. But she didn’t want to think of his leaving so she quickly pushed those thoughts out of her mind and focused on the warmth that radiated from the warm body pressed up against her back, and the soft breath that fanned her ears in a comforting rhythm. Everything was so perfect, just as she had imagined her married life would be. Laying her arm over his arm that was wrapped around her waist she sighed in content.

“Go back to sleep.” She heard a groggy voice whisper in her ear as the hold on her waist tightened and pulled her closer. “Kris!” she cried out with grin and turned to face him. For a while she said nothing but stared at his face, as if though trying to memorize every single detail, down to the last pore. He was so handsome, even so early in the morning when she looked a mess. “Such a pretty girl staring at me, I think I’m gonna blush.”

“Eh?” She replied and looked around the room and asked with a playful smile on her face “Where? I wanna see a pretty girl. Tell-Kris!” She cried out yet again as he moved to hover over her, his face only millimeters away from her own. “Here she is.” He cooed out his warm breath brushing over her face. “Get off Kris! Your breath stinks!”

“Not until I get my good morning kiss.”

God she was going to miss him. And just like that it was as if her thoughts totally destroyed her good mood. Kris seemed to have sensed it too because he got off her and pulled her tightly into his arms as if though he knew exactly what she was thinking. “I’ll come back. I promise. I’m a good solider, and we’ve practically won the war. And I’ll write to you every chance I get.” Pressing his lips to her forehead he pulled her closer once more. “I’ll be home before you even get the chance to miss me.”

“Promise?”

“I promise…can I have my good morning kiss now?” He replied grabbing a hold of her chin and pressing his lips to hers before she could even get a chance to reply. Before either of them knew it the kiss deepened and her fingers where snaking around his neck in an attempt to pull him closer. “I love you, Mrs. Wu. I’ll promise, no matter what I’ll come back to you…no matter what.”