Another Murder

Crack the Case

“Yes, a disorganized killer. I’m sure you studied about that when you were in school,” Minseul said as she tossed the photos used as evidence in the case to Minseok. “It’s obvious. Usually, murders won’t be this brutal for organized killers and also, an organized killer would make an effort to hide the body,” Minseul explained further. Minseok nodded as he listened carefully to her voice and looked at the pictures. Their father’s death still pains him but he tries to be professional to catch the murderer.

“Minseok, Detective Kim!” Luhan went into the room with his phone in his hands. “Bwoya?” Minseul asked, her voice full of annoyance. “There’s another murder,” Luhan answered. “No, that’s not I’m asking about. What’s the reason for you calling me Detective Kim? Didn’t I say I’m Kang? Detective Kang?” Minseul glared at the poor Chinese man.

“Don’t get affected by that. Where did the murder occur?” Minseok asked as he stood up. “Gangnam,” Luhan answered. “And why do you look so tensed?” Minseul massaged her temples. “Because this time, a serial killer has been killed,” Luhan answered. Minseul widened her eyes and looked at Minseok for a second. “I’m going first. I’m going to call the idiot,” she said before going out of the room, not giving her brother time to stop her.

“Who reported this murder?” Minseok asked Luhan as they went out of the room. “The manager of the motel found the body. Apparently, the killer may have disguised herself as a e,” Luhan answered. “Are you sure it’s a girl and a e?” Minseok asked. Luhan hesitated on nodding but he did. “Why would two males be in the same room?” he said. Minseok shook his head.

“I think this is a different case all together and Minseul might be thinking the same. With that reason, she needed guidance, which is that tall dude,” he explained. Luhan blinked a couple of times. “Let’s just check out the crime scene,” he said.

Minseok was the one who drove the car to the motel in Gangnam. People were in a panic when they were there. There were smugglers and drug pushers surely there but that wasn’t what Minseok cared. He wanted to see the dead body. “Wait, how did you know it was a serial killer?” Minseok asked Luhan. “We decided to contact his family when we saw his wallet and we went to his home. When we opened it up, with the help of Tao’s wushu, we saw—“ Minseok held up his hand, signaling Luhan to stop. “I get it,” he nodded.

Minseok hurried towards the indicated room. The manager tailed behind. “When did you discover the body?” Minseok asked. “Just half an hour has passed, officer,” manager said. “Why did you decide to check the room?” Luhan asked. “You see, the victim was my hyung and he usually tells me to bring drinks when he picks up… um ladies,” the manager explained. “What’s the victim’s name?” Minseok asked. “Park Jae-sang,” the manager answered.

When the three arrived the crime scene, they saw the body lying on the bed, half-. The heart was taken out of its place and the tequila glass was in his right hand with the heart in it. Blood was all over the bed but no trace of it on the ground. The polo Jae-sang wore before he died was neatly placed on the couch near the bed.

“Mr. Park,” Minseok turned to the manager. “Please, call me Jeong-su,” the manager said with a pained smile. “You don’t have to see this,” Minseok reassured him. “I have to. You will ask me about these later on,” Jeong-su said firmly. Luhan gave Minseok the look and Minseok didn’t have a choice but to let the man be.

“Where is Minseul?” Minseok asked himself when he went near the body. “I’m sure she’s waiting for that Chanyeol,” Luhan said as he crossed his arms and pouted. “It’s no time to be jealous and why the hell do you have an interest in my sister?” Minseok said in an annoyed tone. “I was trying to lighten up the mood,” Luhan whined. “We have a dead body in the room and there you are thinking about lightening up the mood,” Minseok complained.

Luhan sighed and just scanned the body. “You want me to do the thing?” Luhan asked. “What thing? Oh yeah, you staring at the dead body and guessing what’s wrong. Sure,” Minseok said.

After a few minutes of Luhan’s silence, he began to explain his guesses. “I think the body has been there for a solid four hours already,” Luhan then looked at his watch. “So the check in might’ve been around 2 o’clock. The heart extraction was only some kind of decoration to throw us off,” Luhan looked at the body again.

“The cause of death is something else. There isn’t any sign of struggle that the others found yet and look at the polo, neatly folded, no blood,” Luhan gazed at the piece of clothing. “There were supposed to have well when the killer decided to murder Jae-sang,” Luhan explained.

“Thanks for the lead,” Minseok said, looking at the body again. “Kyungsoo already took some pictures for reviewing at the office. You can look into the dead body deeper,” Luhan reassured him. “Hm,” Minseok nodded, putting away the glass and feeling disgusted because of the bloody heart. He held on the wrist of the victims and was disappointed when he didn’t see any bruises.

It was then he realized something. “Mr. Park, I mean Jeong-su, can you come here?” Minseok turned his head to him. Jeong-su nodded slowly and went near the body. “Your brother… He’s a serial killer?” Minseok interrogated him. Jeong-su nodded. “Yes, he’s been killing… old people recently,” he answered. “Old people… Does he have a list maybe?” Minseok asked. “I don’t know. I never went into his room and I never wanted to ask about it, officer,” Jeong-su answered.

“Why didn’t you report your brother’s doings earlier?” Luhan narrowed his eyes. Jeong-su took a deep breath before answering. “He said he would kill me and my family. I don’t want that to happen, officer,” he said. “Are you thankful he’s dead?” Minseok asked. Jeong-su shook his head. “Not at all. Even if he was the kind to be too domineering, we had good times together before some person…” He suddenly held his head, trying to recall that important detail.

“I feel…” He whispered before collapsing. Minseok bolted up and Luhan immediately ran outside. “Tao-yah! Tao-yah!” He screamed. Minseok checked if Jeong-su was breathing. He was relieved to know the manager was still breathing but he was obviously having a hard time doing so. Minseok bit his lower lip. “What the hell happened..?” He whispered to himself. Tao immediately went into the room and Minseok instructed him to take Jeong-su to a nearby hospital.

“I never knew the killer would do so much to even kill this victim’s brother. Or was it suicide?”