Best Actor

Crack the Case

Luhan stared at his best friend as this said person stared at his phone. “The case of Lee Minho won’t be solved with you waiting for your sister’s message,” he complained. Minseok shot a look at him. “She might have some lead,” he excused himself. Luhan rolled his eyes before letting out a laugh. “Act before her. I know you miss her but stop with your sister complex,” he said as he gave Minseok a folder of papers.

“I don’t have a sister complex, Luhan,” Minseok hissed before opening the folder. “Lee Minho is an actor, known internationally and I’m sure you’ve watched some of his dramas before,” Luhan explained. “He was found in his dressing room but unlike the other murders, his face wasn’t mutilated. His left hand is missing and the other hand lost a few fingers. His stomach area didn’t have any skin left on it and the stomach, liver, kidneys, intestines and other organs are found outside of it,” he continued with Minseok nodding at every detail.

“There weren’t any fingerprints found so surely, the suspect is smart enough to use gloves. There wasn’t anything strange, even a hair strand, wasn’t found. But this Minho has a feather pen near his body and I’ve heard from Yixing the victims in this game possess feather pens,” Luhan further explained. Minseok looked through the pictures and bit his lower lip.

“Background check, have you tried doing a background check?” Minseok asked as he tapped his pen against his lip. Luhan nodded. “Tao aided me in doing this because he has a friend working in show business and we can safely conclude this actor isn’t the angel he appeals to be,” he handed another folder to Minseok.

“Lee Minho killed a few other successful actors like Park Yoo Chun and Kim Woo Bin, even actresses like Suzy and Park Shin Hye,” Luhan explained. “He has a psychotic disorder but he masked it well for the media to never find out. He is a genius in a way, a perfect actor. His manager knew and company too, but they chose to hide it since Lee Minho is one of the top actors in his time,” he continued.

“This is why I hate showbiz. They hide all of this craziness just to have enough money to live in luxury,” Minseok muttered. “Do you want to see the body personally?” Luhan asked. “I’m sure you already looked through the crime scene so my presence is unneeded,” Minseok answered. “I’m flattered. I know you love me,” Luhan winked, making Minseok laugh.

“Could you go out for a minute? I want to think about this case by myself.”

“Abandoned? That’s so sad,” Jong-in said as he wrote something on his clipboard. Minseul was seated on the couch near him and Chanyeol was beside her. “Men are like that after all. After they get what they want from you, they suddenly change. After you do one stupid thing, they hate you. After you even kneel and say sorry, they would always kick you out of the house and do nothing to get you back after realizing their mistake,” Minseul said, a bitter taste lingering on her tongue.

“But don’t you think it’s time to grow out of that phase? In your field of work, you can’t avoid bumping into males,” Jong-in asked. Minseul smirked. “Men are usually criminals. If not, corrupt officers and lawyers, not here to defend what is right,” she explained. Chanyeol frowned as he looked down. “They are slaves of their own lust, lust for money, power and women,” she added, glaring at the therapist.

Jong-in gulped. “But not all men are like that. You see my friend here, Chanyeol-hyung, is nowhere near that,” he said as he gestured at the said profiler. Chanyeol smiled a bit at Minseul when she glanced at him. “He’s just waiting for the chance to take advantage of me. While he can’t get what he wants from me, he’ll never leave me and treat me badly,” Minseul reasoned.

Chanyeol and Jong-in groaned. It’s been a few hours of this session but Minseul was still unfazed. She was that stubborn. The session was momentarily disturbed when someone entered the room. “Jong-in!” Someone cheerfully called out. The therapist was glad to see his brother-figure visit him.

“Taemin-hyung,” Jong-in greeted. “Ah, Taemin-ah!” Chanyeol waved. “I am almost at my limit. Chanyeol, I have to investigate the Kang Seulgi case,” Minseul shot a look. “Did I disturb anything? I was just here to drop off the pups,” Taemin blinked a few times. Jong-in shook his head.

“You can go out and breathe in fresh air. Chanyeol-hyung, are you going to leave too?” Jong-in asked. Chanyeol shook his head. Minseul stood up and stretched. “I don’t need Chanyeol to go out. I’m going to leave him here anyway. Have your little reunion, I’m leaving,” she said before going out of the room in such a hurry.

“I never knew Chanyeol could get a girlfriend so soon.”

Meanwhile…

A man was outside the municipal building, cussing because his comrade was taking too long. He thought this friend of his could be faster but he was completely wrong. He was thirty minutes late. “Finally, king!” The man raised his hands when he saw the other king of the game. “Mellow, why did you call me out?” The king asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Lee Minho is dead. One of our best pawns is dead, along with Kim Namjoon. What to do?” Mellow asked in distress. The king massaged his temples before sighing. Lee Minho was a genius. Kim Namjoon was one of the best pawns the king has possessed. “Mellow, we have to find out who the rook is from the other side. Better yet, the king. I’ve heard from my sources that he’s here in Korea. Finally, he thought he was losing and came to aid his people,” the king laughed for a moment.

“You know what to do, Mellow. The king of the other side is waiting for our move and you know how royalty hates waiting.”