Coincidences

Crack the Case

It was guy’s night out already for Minseok but he preferred investigating his father’s case further. Something about Minseul told him baffled the young man’s mind. There was a mastermind? And Minseul was all familiar with the mastermind’s signature? How can his sister be so sure about this? Sure, she might have more experience in this field more than him but he still questions what she’s saying. She’s a detective. She’s only hired. That’s how detectives end up with work. Usually, their clients are rich families so she might be wrong with this assumption.

But Minseok’s thought of overworking was destroyed by his marvelous best friend who ended up dragging him to a club. Of course, it was noisy and not a place for the usually timid Minseok but he had no choice with Luhan having his eye on the older. “Do you have coffee here?” Minseok asked the waiter. Luhan gave him the look. “Give us two bottles of beer please,” he said and the waiter left. “I don’t want to have myself drunk,” Minseok told him. “I don’t to be here in the first place,” he added. “Minseok-hyung, you should relax sometimes, you know. You’ll age quickly if you work all the time. Look at me, I have such a young face,” Luhan scolded him.

Minseok groaned and looked around the area. People were dancing and grinding against each other which disgusted him. It’s like they’re doing some ual activity with clothes on. Others were already making out at a dark corner of the club. “This place can make me vomit,” Minseok said as he turned to Luhan. “Ara but other clubs were too full,” the younger reasoned.

Minseok looked around again and saw a familiar figure squeezing through the crowd. “Minseul?!” His eyes widened and looked like they were ready to bulge out. “What? Minseul’s here? I never thought she was a bad girl,” Luhan excitedly looked around as he said that. Minseok immediately stood up and approached Minseul. “What are you doing here, young miss?” Minseok interrogated her. “Oh, Mr. Kim, not nice to see you,” Minseul said. Minseok then looked at whose wrist Minseul was holding.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Officer Kim. It’s a pleasure to see you,” the young man said. He was obviously taller than him and that intimated Minseok. The first question that entered Minseok’s head was why is Minseul with her so-called companion? Of course, he can’t blurt that out or she’ll get mad again. “The pleasure is all mine. Would you and Ms. Kang want to drink with Luhan and I?” Minseok asked and Minseul obviously hated the idea because she just elbowed her companion.

“Don’t accept his offer,” she muttered. Her male companion raised an eyebrow at Minseul and smirked. “Ne, Officer Kim. That would be a pleasure,” he said. “You did not just defy my orders,” Minseul faced him. “You were never my boss, little Seulli so let’s go,” the male companion went ahead and followed Minseok while dragging Minseul along. The young detective was cussing as she was struggling with the speed of their walk and she ended up being across Luhan.

“So what are you doing here, Ms. Kang?” Minseok looked at Minseul. “None of your business,” she crossed her arms. “We were investigating another case offered to us about several women being kidnapped in this club,” the profiler said and Minseul glared at him. “I hate you,” she muttered. “What’s your name, by the way?” Luhan looked at Minseul’s acquaintance. “Park Chanyeol,” he answered with the toothiest smile both men have seen. “You can call me Chanyeol though. I don’t like to be called Mr. Park. It’s a common surname after all and I would feel old if you call me that,” he added. “Everyone calls me Chanyeol except for Minseul though. She calls me idiot most of the time or stupid in Spanish since we met in Spain,” and that made Minseul step on Chanyeol’s foot under the table.

“Very lady-like,” he flinched. “We should really be doing our job here,” Minseul said as she held on the table. Minseok scanned Minseul’s expression. She was really eager to get away from him and it hurt him so much as a brother. “How can we help?” Luhan asked. “You can’t help. Two people can do it,” Minseul said, threatening to leave. “Minseul, I see a person who matches the profile,” Chanyeol said. Minseul tried to match where the male was looking.

“Nice, he just entered the club. Remember the plan, idiot,” Minseul said as she stood up and approached the suspect. “Isn’t what she’s doing dangerous?” Minseok whispered. “Trust her. She’s been doing this for a while. She likes the adrenaline rush she gets from it,” Chanyeol smiled sheepishly. “What if she gets hurt?” Luhan asked. “That rarely happens but she usually quickly recovers from it. She’s a great agent but she doesn’t like working for the government,” Chanyeol said. “Anyways, I have to go. The suspect took the bait,” he stood up before bowing.

Chanyeol then left the two again. “I never knew she was risking her life like this,” Minseok said as he took another sip of his beer. “What if she gets killed? Tortured? Oh god…” He said as he clutched his hair. “Don’t worry. She won’t get hurt. Didn’t you hear what that Chanyeol said? She rarely gets hurt,” Luhan reassured him. “Are you sure he’s not lying? I swear,” Minseok said with a worried tone. “Have trust in her, Minseok. She’s a professional,” Luhan told him. “She may be intelligent and good at analyzing but that doesn’t mean she’s strong enough to wrestle with a man,” Minseok said.

“Aish… She’s a grown woman,” Luhan reminded him. “That may be so but she’s still female. She’s weak,” Minseok said worriedly. “Women aren’t weak. We’ve witnessed murders done by women and the hardest cases to crack were done by women so don’t say that,” Luhan scolded him. “Mianhe for that. I’m just really…”Minseok looked hopeless. Luhan looked around and saw the suspect and the pair gone. “They’re doing their work,” he informed Minseok.

The older groaned. “Oh god…” He mumbled before drinking again. “Yes, just drink to relieve your feelings,” Luhan said as he raised his bottle and drank right after. The pair of friends was drinking until late at night. Minseok was still sane when they went out while Luhan was really drunk. He easily gets drunk after all. He might’ve forgotten that. Minseok was the one to drive them home and push Luhan into his bed.

Minseok was more awake when he entered the room Luhan gave him. “What is Minseul’s relation with that Chanyeol? God, are they dating? I hope not. No, she can’t date without my permission even if she hates me. Plus, why is she risking her own safety to solve cases this way? Minseul-yah, you are making oppa worry too much,” Minseok said as he stared at the ceiling.

“Is she going to leave Korea after solving appa’s case though?” That question bothered him the whole night.