Chapter 28

What were They thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks”

I said once we reached my door.

“It is no problem really” he replied shifting from one foot to the other.

“Uh do you want to come in and have something to eat or drink” I offered

“Oh No it is ok I have to get back but I will see you tomorrow.. Take

care Manya”

I nodded my head and walked into the apartment building. It was only 2pm (shout out to Khunnie stay strong) and I didn’t know what to do, so I decided to call up Mark and see if I could stop by. “Sure Manya my office is in the first store and thats...”

he told me the address and I told him to expect me in at least half an hour. After heading out I stopped at an asian supermarket and picked up some dimsum, Mark’s favorite.

 

“Helllloo”

I called out as I entered the store. It was more modest than I expected it to be, a simple one story building with musical notes embellishing the outside and a neon jukebox acting as a sign. The bells jingled as I opened the door further but no one noticed. I walked in and began to look around, seeing the store for myself I finally understood why it was doing so well. In a world where everything is digital they sold everything. Everything that had anything to do with music; stereos, CDs, mics, karaoke machines, mp3 players, ipods, headphones, they even had a place to download music and personalize your music player. As i walked further in a girl came up to me.

“Is there something I can help you with?” she asked, a fake smile plastered her face. It was obvious that she did not enjoy her job. I wonder why she is even keeping it. I cleared my throat.

“UH I am here to see Mark?”

I ask more as a question rather than a statement. The girl blinked, then after registering what I just said she gave me a once over. With a look of disgust on her face she replied.


“Are you referring to Mr.Tuan, he is busy at the moment and I am sorry to break it to you but you are not his type”

“Excuse me” Her answer threw me completely off, it was something I wasn’t expecting, and how the hell would she know my husband’s type, He was MY husband afterall.

“Oh don’t act all innocent, you are too young to be his friend and too bland to be his lover like seriously I have been working here for a month and he still hasn’t asked me out. I mean look at me” She gestured to herself

“And you are definitely not here for a Business meeting because you called him Mark”

Waaaa this girl is so full of sass. I was about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter