Chapter 25

What were They thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looks who it is girls, the elephant is here”

“Not this again” I thought “What do you want Lauren”

“I just want to get to class but you are blocking my way”

I looked around; there was plenty of room for her.

"You are making an unnecessary issue” I told her.

She turns towards her friend

“Jule wouldn’t you think someone as petite as me would be able to pass her but I guess obesity is a problem for all of us now”

Jule laughed at her friend’s comment, attracting more attention towards us.

I walked away feeling dejected, even after losing some weight I was still being made fun of and the best part was those two witches are in my next class, Business 101, OH THE JOY.

I walk into the class and snickering follows

“2 hours Manya just 2 more hours”

The lecture began with the professor talking about what we should take advantage of and how it will help us.

“And now there is a surprise guest speaker for you today, he is a fresh graduate from the London School of Economics, a man your age. I welcome to you Mr. Arjun Kapoor”

My head shot up, I was looking at a face I thought I would never see again in my life.

“Hello everyone as Professor Holt has previously said my name is Arjun Kapoor and I will be speaking to you today, but before I begin are there any questions you would like to ask me?”

A boy 2 rows in front of me raised his hand

“Professor Holt said you were the same age as us, so how did you already graduate?”

“Ah……….I took some self study courses so I could graduate earlier

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to come back to my home state to complete my masters"

A girl across the room raised her hand next.

"How and where are you planning on finishing your education" She asked batting her eyelashes

"I plan to get my masters from Princeton"

"He's hot" one girl said a bit too loudly.

"Thank you" He replied.

The room erupted into laughter but Manya was too buried in her thoughts to notice,

After the lecture was over Arjun was crowded by people, some wanting advice while others trying to get a better look at his face.

I wanted to leave as quietly as possible but nothing ever really works out in my world.

"Hey Manya, I bet you want a piece of that"

Lauren pointed the end of her pencil at Arjun. It's great really how God gave him amazing hearing because I knew that he had heard her.

I did not put my head up, Alot of people share my name but my face was another thing.

"For get my question because ofcourse you want him, too bad you are too ugly for anyone to want you back"

 Both girls began laughing at their oh so funny and clever joke. I was about to leave the room but his voice made me freeze.

"You ladies do know that insulting people is very unbecoming" his voice was laced with a slight british accent, I guess living for years in England has it's perks.

I scoffed, this guy is such a hypocrite.

They threw me a look of disdain before leaving the room.

I was going to follow them out but as I said before nothing workds out for me. EVER!!!!

"Manya?"

I kept my head low, ignoring him as much as I could.

"Manya"

He called out again.

I began to pick up my pacebut I could hear his foot steps coming closer, soon I felt a hand grasp my arm.

"Wait..........Please"

He llifted my chin up with one hand,the other was still holding onto my arm.

"It is you, It really is you...........I was not sure back there, I I thought I was imagining you again"

"Again?" I repeated

He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh Yeah, you are not exactly an easy person to forget"

"Well then Mr. Kapoor, I hope you remember I loathe flirting scumbags who get girls as a joke" I spat.

Yanking my arm away from him, I left the hallway not looking back even Once.

 

I was lost for the rest of the day. At one point I even poured salt into Mark's tea instead of sugar.

"You ok" Mark asked as we settled into the couch.

"Mhm" I was still connected to outerspace

Mark wrapped his arm around my waist pressing his lips aganist my neck.

I still did not respond so he pushed the limit even more.

Moving his hands up and down my waist, he gave a kiss on my jawline. But I was too distracted to even realize what was going on let alone feel anything. Then he began to tickle me.

I started to laugh slapping him away.

"What was that for?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter