Chapter 22

What were They thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were pushed into Mark's room by Mom , the door was slammed and i could hear the laughter coming from the other side. I didn't even realize I was still standing by the door until Marl cleared his throat. "Uh you should go change first.......your things are in my apartment, my mom kept them there but we are staying here for tonight....uh i think my mom set out a set of clothes and a tray for your jewelry ............ I'll stay here til you are done...so" Mark shifted from one foot to the other, stuttering whenever our eyes met. "Ok" I went into the bathroom and began to take off my jewelry and got freshened up. I looked at the clothes Mom set out for me, maybe it's because I am conservative or just had strict parents but shorts are still shorts. TOO MUCH SKIN!!!!!!!! But what else can I wear this was my only choice. Thank god I lost that extra weight or this would have been too embarrassing for me to handle. Well here I go. I stepped out of the bathroom clutching onto 30 Ibs of clothes, in other words my dress. Mark's back was facing me so I put the clothes on the dresser then headed back to get the jewelry, but his hand wrapped around my waist.

"Wait.....I''ll go get it"

He went into the bathroom while I sat down on the bed and began to fold my dress. Mark walked into the room carrying the tray filled with my jewelry 

"Where should I keep this?"

I motioned towards the dresser.

"Since I don't have the boxes you can just keep it there" I said, still folding my clothes.

After floding them I set them on the dresser next to the tray. Mark was reading a book while sitting on chair next to the bed, watching me as I walked across the room towards the bed. I gave him a small smile before sitting down on the bed. My back rested on the headboard with a book in my hand. After getting onto the bed aswell, he turned towards me.

"So what are you reading?" he leaned towards me to find out.

I moved my book away.

"Do you really want to know"

I was skeptical about how he would think of my choice of litrature.

"Yeah I do, unless its a chick book.......Not that I dont like chick books I mean if you like it then thats cool i mean im fine with your choices...."

"Im reading the I"Z"LAMIC MISCONCEPTIONS by Reza Ahmed (This is not a real book)"

I said breaking him off.

"Isn't Islam spelled with a S and not a Z, why did they put a Z instead?" He questioned.

 I fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter