Shaadi (wedding) I

What were They thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day,your wedding day.you took a deep breathe in.You were already at the boutique(Indians call beauty parlors boutiques) getting your makeup and hair done.Truthfully The hair was the easiest thing, a single French braid. The makeup was complete torture for you. You fought to make sure the stylist kept it simple. The jewelry weighed you down, two sets of earrings, nose hoop that chained out and attached to a triangle net of gold placed on the side of your hair. A tikka(its something you put on your forehead) hung from your forehead. 4 sets of gold chains was placed on your neck along with a choker, all were embezzled with rubies and emeralds. It was about $4000 worth of gold and jewels  and you were wearing it all AT ONCE. The dress was no joke either it must have weighed about 20 pounds because of the embroidery, sequins, and studs. The gungghat(veil you wear on your head like a scarf) was another 5 pounds. You sure felt like you didn't lose any weight after all. You took a deep breath as the lady helped you pit your heels on. 5inch stilletoes (that's right those were the type of shoes you usually wore so it wasn't a big deal but the dress sure made it harder than it actually was.After 2hours at the boutique you were finally done. Stepping infront of the mirror your eyes opened in awe.

"Wow"

 

Your friends smiled

"is this really me"

You were still in shock. There stood a beautiful sound any adorned in red,yellow,and green.

 

"Manya this is you" neha confirmed in a very obvious tone.

"this is definitely not me...how much makeup did you put on me?" You replied while examining your face.

"Manya we asked her not to do anything but simple cover ups... You know BB, shadow,blush" Sandiya said.

"Really it feels like a lot more than that"

"THATS BECAUSE YOU NEVER PUT ANY ON IN THE FIRST PLACE" they both screamed.

"ok ok don't we need to leave" you said while looking at the clock "LIKE NOW" you yelled "its already 8:00"

"Crap lets get out of here"Neha said running out the door.

"Wait we need to pay.....AISH this wom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter