Chapter 26

What were They thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I lived here actually, in New Jersey" He answered, eyes still on the plate of food infront of him.

"Really which part?"

"Maybe you should ask Manya that"

He said.

I dropped my spoon, shooting him a WTH look, which made Mark very confused.

"Uh Manya and I went to the same highschool, we actually know each other very well"

"Not really, he knew me but I didn't know him, not  as much as I thought I did"

I said stabbing a piece of chicken with my fork. Mark didn't seem to notice the tension rising in the room. Some times I am glad that he seems a little clueless at times.

"Well that is great, but why didn't the both of you mention that earlier?"

"I was not sure if it was the same Manya or not"

With that Arjun allowed for the topic to drop and another one to pick up. Throughout the dinner I could see Arjun stealing nervous glances at me.

 

 

 

"That went well, I am going to go to bed its been a busy day"

Mark said while stretching out his arms.

"Wait" I had been contemplating about whether or not to tell Mark about Arjun, but its better for him to have to hear it from me rather than from Arjun.

"I have to tell you something.........Arjun and I knew each other from highschool. We knew each other very well or atleast I thought I knew him. It is great really, the perfect sob story"

I blinked back tears, concerned for me, Mark began rubbing my back.

"It is ok it you don't want to say it, you don't need to tell me"

"No I have to tell you" taking a deep breathe I began to share my bittersweet memories with him.

"I moved from a private school to a public school for highschool, so I didnt have that many friend, the friends I had weren't really popular. It was just me, Sandiya, and a few other girls. Sophmore year I took an AP class and we got assigned seats so I was put with this Junior named Chris, and I didn't know he was up there on the social scale. He didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter