Coming back & wanting to leave

Golden Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

"Tm bored..." Riah sighed, looking at a bird that rested at the window of the high tower she was locked in.

There was a door, but that door was firmly locked and Riah could never open it. There were windows for light and fresh air, but if she wanted to get out, she would need to learn how to fly because jsut jumping off a high tower was asking for death and trouble.

The bird titled it's head to the side and looked at Riah before it flew away, making the lonely girl sigh once again.

"I've already combed my hair, I've already washed them, dried them and combed them for a second time... Tihs is so boring." Riah pouted as she talked to herself, standing up and walking away from the window. The only thing that could let her look outside. The only way for her to try to dream how it would be like, away from the tower, away from her prison.

Riah's brows raised a bit as she looked around her place. It wasn't small. No, it was big enough for her. There was a bedroom and also a living room with an open kitchen. There was a bathroom big enough for her hair to fit in the bathtub and there was even an extra room filled with stuff from all over the world.

And even though it was like this, Riah was honestly utterly bored.

Riah heard a bird's cry and she snapped her head to the window she just left, her very own falcon resting there, waiting for his master to let him in."

"Alex!" Riah beamed, letting her feet move swiftly to her pet bird.

The falcon let Riah pet his head and even enjoyed it as he layed his head in the palm of her hand.

"I wish I could fly like you, Alex." the falcon looked up when he heard his name and locked eyes with his master, tilting his head to the right.

"I wish I could fly like you and be free like you. Go where I want and without anyone stopping me." Riah pouted, making the falcon cry out loudly, trying to cheer the lonely girl up.

"Let's get you something to eat." 

Riah walked to her kitchen as Alex flew inside the tower, resting in his open cage. Taking some food for her pet bird, Riah placed it in the cage and looked at her falcon filling his stomach.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!" 

Riah perked up and ran to the window, looking down and seeing her mother waiting there. She gathered her long hair and threw it outside the window before pulling it up, using all her power.

"Hello Riah." the woman with black hair smiled, making Riah smile back.

"Your hair has grown longer again." her mother remarked, moving her fingers through her daughter's silky hair. "We'll need to cut it again."

Riah smiled, nodding her head as she threw her braided cut of hair near the window so that she can bring her mother back down later.

"Have you eaten yet?" she asked curious and when riah shook her head, her mother smiled brightly showing her a bag full ingredients to make something delicious.

"Let's make something tasty. I remember you making that delicious cake last time." her mother said excited, making Riah chuckle lightly.

"Then this time another flavor?" she asked as her mother, named Gohee.

Gohee nodded her head and smiled at her daughter who was taking out all the ingredients and storing them where they belonged.

"Alex is back." she remarked and Riah hummed like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter