Break Out

Strong Great Honor

Daehyun was free from having to meet Himchan this week, because Daehyun's parents were going to back to Busan and Himchans parents were going to vacation there for a week. Daehyun had been instructed to listen to Himchan's parents as if they were his own. His parents figured they may as well have Daehyun stay at the Kims from now on to get the couple closer together.

In other words, he was going to move into the Kim's house in a week. One week left of freedom in his apartment. But he would worry about it all later. After bidding his parents farewell he ran to Zelo's school and waited for him to come out.

 "Daehyun hyung?" Jongup asked as he was the first up reach the gate. "You've been really creepy lately, waiting at the entrance stalking high school students."

 "Shut up! Really! The person whose creepy if Zelo. He was listening to me sing in the park at night without me knowing!"

"We both just like listening to you sing...without you distracted by anything..."

 "Both? U -u, how can you call me creepy?!"

 "Daehyun hyung," Zelo yelled as he waved and ran up to them.

"You kids are really something you know that? If u want to listen, just listen normally!"

Daehyun was eager for the first day so the three of them went to the club suuuuper early. The store was closed to customers during the day and made it perfect for rehershal . Jongup had apparently been here before, to dance even though technically he was a still underage, while Zelo snuck in a lot. So despite being the oldest, Daehyun was the last to have ever been in a club. Jeppman was already there with a music sheet in his hand and a pencil in the other. He handed Daehyun the music sheet.

"For today's set, your going to perform one song until I write some more."

 "Do you write them yourself?" Daehyun asked.

 "He writes all the songs played in the club. It's why this club in particular is quite popular." Zelo answered.

 "Oh" Daehyun said impressed.

As they did rehershal daehyun was quite nervous. He was used to singing ballads so for him to sing powerfully In a fast hip hop song... He wasn't confident. Yongguk could hear daehyun's insecurity but he knew he was capable of singing the ong he wrote. He had written the song with Daehyun's big range in mind. As they practiced though Daehyun wasn't quite able to hit that note.

"Did...did I do we'll hyung?" Daehyun asked nervously.

"You did we'll but... Daehyun, music is about being able to break out of boundaries," Yongguk said.

"Huh?" Daehyun was confused.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Yongguk said with a smile.

 

Because his parents went away to Busan and would be gone for the week, Himchan planed to party all his stress away. It wasn't even 7pm but he wanted to. Hit the club as soon as possible so he could party as long as possible before the night ends. Hair check. Outfit check. He was ready to go. Yongguk let himchan in early while they were peeping the performances for tonight.

 "I'm suprised your here two nights in a row" yongguk said as he pour himchan a drink.

 "My parents are out of town and I plan to take full advantage of it" himchan realeshed the tension from his shoulders and changed his posture. It was still elegant but rather than giving a rich boy feeling it gave a confident y feeling. Daehyun was backstage with zelo. Zelo had been digging through the closest trying to find an outfit that would match daehyun.

 "Isn't the clothes in wearing right now fine besides it doesn't matter what I look like.." Daehyun said.

 "But. Hyung... It's too unfashionable.."

 "Unfashionable...?!"

 "Besides, performing in front of a loud crowd in club is different from singing to an audience of your peers."

 "... You more mature than I thought for your age."

 "I guess. But it's also that your not very ma-" Daehyun shoved his hand on Zelo's mouth.

 "It's true though hyung, your not very adult like," Jongup said.

"You-!"

 

The club finally opened its doors and filled extremely quickly. It was filled with a broad age range but there were definitely more women than men. After all, there was a y deep voiced ablicious rapper, and an cute everyone pretended not to know he was jail bait rapper. Not only that, but word quickly spread that the infamous strong baby would be here tonight. If his appearance was actually "announced" then he was definely going to being another level of life to the club. Himchan was already flirting and surrounded with a crowd of ladies while Zelo did the first set. By the time it was 10pm, Daehyun got more and more nervous for his performance.

 "I'll be right back" Yongguk told Himchan.

 He went backstage. Daehyun was relaxing his throat and Jongup could only say "daebaek..." to the dolphin noises. Daehyun blew air out of his cheeks in nervousness.

 "Daehyun, I believe you'll be able to break those boundaries because of your passion for singing. So when you go out there, say goodbye to all what past mistakes and pain you have."

 Daehyun thought of Jeppman's words and in a took a deep breath before he stood up with eyes filled with determination. The lights in the club dimmed further and strong beats started playing. It had gotten everyone's attention, including himchan's. the debut of a new song had always been a sight to see on the club, everyone started screaming and gathering at the stage.

 "OooooooOooihpoooh woah." A powerful jazz filled adlib came from someone that entered the stage. Himchan was in shock. It was Daehyun. But it wasn't the cute brat that sang a ballad shyly. It was a confident y daehyun he didn't see before. And he singing was certainly on another level from last time even though it hadn't been to long ago. The screams were also in another level. Daehyun did look like a god right now. the screams were Possibly as loud as zelo's debut at the club. Even with screams as loud as this, the singing wasn't drown out. Himchan could only watch in amazement at how such a small body could hold such a powerful voice.

Daehyun hit the high notes perfectly and felt a new found confidenc in his singing. He felt a pure joy of no longer feeling like he held himself back in any way what so ever. Even in front of a large crowd he felt unbreakable.