Food

Strong Great Honor

Himchan returned to the dinning room and this time he won't slip up.

Seeing Himchan with a better mood Daehyun said without thinking, "Aren't you glad you got it all out?" with an oblivious smile.

"Yes," Himchan replied holding back his desire to frown.

As Himchan ate dinner Daehyun stared at him with a playful smile.

"What is it Daehyun?"

"How old are you hyung?"

"Ah..." That's right, this dinner was so they could get to know one another.

"I'm 23 years old."

"Ah, so your three years older than me. I have a dongsaeng chingu that's three years young than me. His name is Zelo. Even though he's three years younger than me were the best of friends along with Jongup, another dongsaeng. They're really funny, cute, and innocent, those friends. We met 8 years ago......"

Oh god, does he never stop talking?
As Daehyun went on and on about his friends and how funny they were, and how he came from Busan, and how his high school life was Himchan had zoned out half of what he was saying. At first he thought Daehyun's lips were rather pretty when it first started moving but now he was resisting the urge to use his had to shut that mouth of his. As if Daehyun blabbing wasn't enough the noise in the living room became increasingly louder and it was clear the parents were drunk and would be up all night.

"It feels like we've always known each other." Daehyun said brightly as he finished eating.


"Oh that was so good. I heard you were the one that cooked dinner?"

"Yeah," Himchan said unamused.

Daehyun didn't noticed and gleefully said "I look forward to eating more of you cooking!"

This brat...

"It seems like you eat a lot hyung?"

Your one to talk! You're one to talk!

Himchan couldn't help but noticed how skinny Daehyun was.
"You said your 20 years old?"

"Yes!"

"You're kind of tiny..."

"No matter how much I eat I don't gain weight or get any bigger."

"I'm jealous..."

"I know right. I wonder what people do when they gain weight."

Himchan was annoyed with this kid even more. Himchan always had to watch his weight while this kid could probably gobble up the moon and not worry about weight. Himchan stopped eating, he had to restrain himself, as he was on one of his diets right now.

"Here, you should eat some more," he said as he place food into Daehyun's bowl.

"But I'm full..."

"You don't like my cooking?" Himchan said putting on a pained expression.

"No I like it, I'll eat hyung"

Daehyun ate it even though he was full. Himchan put more food in his bowl. Daehyun didn't want to eat more, the food was delicious but he was already stuffed to the max. He didn't feel like he could reject though, so he ate. Himchan stared with a serious expression and continued to watch Daehyun eat, it made him feel more full watching other people eat. Daehyun had a pained expression as he took another bite. For Daehyun, Himchan was perfect in everything except for the fact that he was forcing him to eat.

Madam Jung came in the dining room bumping in to stuff, clearly drunk. She had come in to check up on them.

"How are you two lovebirds doing?" She said as she warped her arms around Daehyun.

"We're fine" Himchan said with his angelic smile.

"Ohhhh that's greAt. We- we- adults are just singing in the living room. So don't mind us-- o oooh speaking of singing..our Daehyunnie here sings very well-"

"Mom.." Daehyun said shyly.

"No no Dae, you're suppose to charm him. He's perfect and you're a bumpkin that's not really good at anything. You -....- you need to show him the one thing your good at."


She made him stand.

"Hurry up and sing for him." She patted him on the back to encourage him then walked off into the living room.

"You sing Daehyun?" Himchan asked out of courtesy, not really interested in hearing him sing. He did think it was kind of cute how shy Daehyun was being though.

"Yes!" Daehyun replied with a smile.

"I'd like to hear you sing."

"Okay, let me warm up first. AAA, AH, OOH OH ...."

Himchan suddenly regretted asking Daehyun to sing. Dying dolphins were the noise Daehyun was making, and boy was it loud . It was also high pitched. Himchan expected him to sound mediocre, decent at best. Good at singing? Especially with that voice....

Daehyun cleared his throat and announced that the song he would sing is his favorite song, 4Men's Baby Baby. Himchan had expected him to butcher the song and for his ears to bleed, but once Daehyun started singing he felt like his ears were tasting silk. He was amazed at Daehyun's talent. He didn't expect this out of him. Thinking about it, everything Daehyun talked about was singing and music related Himchan realized. He's really passionate about it. Himchan saw Daehyun in a new light. None the less he didn't want to marry a boy. Daehyun had finished the song and smiled brightly. Himchan praised his singing and told Daehyun he felt with that talent, he would go far as a singer.

"It's getting late. How about you shower and sleep in the guest room?" Himchan said. Daehyun looked at him questioningly and clueless as to why he would be spending the night here.

"Trust me,you don't want to go into the living room... They won't let you escape till sunrise." Himchan led him upstairs and gave him clothes to sleep in. "If you need anything, my room is right across from yours." Himchan said and told Daehyun goodnight.

After finishing his shower and putting on Himchan's spare pajamas, Daehyun laid on the bed while wondering how he got to sleep in such a luxurious room. Himchan-hyung is really nice he thought to himself. Maybe this marriage won't be so bad after all. He turned to the side and saw a guitar.

Oh? Does Himchan-hyung know how to play the guitar too? Suddenly Daehyun wanted to find out more about Himchan. He got off the bed and started inspecting the room and looking inside every drawer. Of course there was nothing much because it was a guest room. What now? He didn't feel like sleeping yet. Well Himchan's room is right across the hall ~. Daehyun had an idea.