Abnormal Audition

Strong Great Honor

Himchan pov

His parents didn't discuss the matter further for he knew that he would have to take "responsibility". He felt like he was being lectured by their silence though. Feeling annoyed, he dressed himself nicely that night and went to a club owned by a friend.

--

"Hey Yongguk it's been a while hasn't it?" Himchan said as he placed his hand on a serious looking fellow.

"Well, if a week is what you consider long," Yongguk replied. "Got annoyed with living as a perfect prince so quickly?"

The club was owned by Yongguk who owned it under the name Jeppman. The two had known each other since childhood, though they only became friends during high school. Both were of influential wealthy families, so tthey were considered rivals and always pitted against each other. But they had something in common which forged their friendship despite completely opposite personalities. It was their dislike of pretense and having to pretend to be someone they're not. They didn't like it in themselves nor others, but they were too grateful to their parents to show them their real selves. So in this nightclub, and in this part of town, they weren't Yongguk of the all powerful Bang family or Himchan of the long line of Kim's, they were Jeppman and Strong Baby.

On stage, the music got pumped up by a young guy who introduced himself in rap by the name of Zelo. He rapped with force and skill. Everyone in the club got turned up.

"Oooooh. So that's the Bangstars' protege you always talk about. I have met the youngster yet."

"Shhhht" Yongguk glared.

"Oh that's right. Shouldn't let anyone hear he's underag-"

"Shut it." Yongguk said as he covered Himchan's mouth.

"So what exactly has gotten you stressed out this time? Same old same old?"

"They're trying to get me married to that Busan family."

"Again?"

"Yeah, this time with the younger brother."

"A boy again...? I guess you being this girly is your parents doing," Yongguk chuckled.

"What are you talking about? I'm fabulous just the way I am. It's got nothing to do with my parents . It just so happens the family they want as in laws only has sons."

 "Okay then, I won't question your manliness again."

 "Jeppman-hyung!" Zelo had finished performing and greeted him.

"You did well. Oh, this is my friend Strong Baby."

"Oh nice to met you, I'm Zelo" he bowed to Himchan.

 "Your talented kid," he said as he gestured for him to be comfortable. Zelo has a cute smile.

 "Well, can't get back too late, see ya later Jeppman!" Himchan said as he got up. "Oh and you should go home soon too Zelo-ah." And then left.

"Yeah, you really should,"  Yongguk said to Zelo.

 "Uumm, about that thing I asked you earlier?"

 "Ah.. your friend?"

 "Yeah," Zelo replied nervously.

 "Well I can't just hire anyone."

 "I know, but if you just meet him you'll know how good he is, let's go right now?"

"Huh?"

 "He's always at the park at this time and the sooner you meet him, the sooner you can decide to hire him or not right?"

 "Alright let's go."

 As the reached the park Zelo snuck behind a bush and Yongguk was confused as to why they were hiding.

 "To be honest, Daehyun-hung doesn't know I know he sings here at night ..."

 It didn't matter to Yongguk that they were hiding, in fact it was better this way. He didn't have to see his face and could just listen to see if he was worth anything or not. To Yongguk it didn't matter how someone looked, he wouldn't accept someone if they weren't talented. He heard a branch crack and Zelo whispered "he's here." Yongguk saw a figure sit down on a bench and he closed his eyes ready to let his ears do the judging. The singing started a bit weak but was clearly good. However as it progressed it became more filled with emotion each word and note coming out expressing heartache. He was singing "Georgia on my mind". Yongguk had never heard such a good vocalist before. He opened his eyes and looked at the back of the head of the person whose singing caught his soul.

 "Hyung..-hyung!" Zelo whispered as he tried to keep them hidden but Yongguk had already walked out from the bush. As Daehyun kept singing Yongguk found himself being drawn closer and closer to that voice. And then Daehyun hit that high note, and Yongguk found himself in front of Daehyun in awe. Daehyun was still unaware and finished the song.

 Daehyun's faced turned bright red as he realized he was singing in front of a stranger. Embarrassment quickly turned into fear because the man in front of him looked rather scary.

 "Uurm so-sorry" Daehyun said sheepishly for no reason.

 "You shouldn't be" a deep foreboding voice came out of the man.

 "Ri-right..." Daehyun said. The man made him afraid, but there was something about him that made him feel something weird.

 "Would you like to be paid for that skill of yours?"

 "Hu-huh?"

"For you singing."

"Oh, for singing?"

 "Yes, for singing "

 "Yes, I do ! But uh...you...are?" Daehyun felt like he was in danger and started to back away slowly.

 "He's my mentor..." Zelo said as he revealed himself out if the bush.

Daehyun felt his heart leap out of his body.  "Zelo-yah! What are you doing here?!"

 "I was watching you sing...."

 "Well?" Yongguk interrupted.

 "Ah..if your Zelo's mentor..then .. I'd be honored to sing for a job. I'm Daehyun, Jung Daehyun" he bowed.

 "The it's settled," Zelo grinned gleefully.

 "Alright, you start tomorrow. Zelo bring him early for rehearsal."

 " Yes, hyung! Thank you hyung," Zelo replied. Daehyun also bowed.

 As Yongguk was leaving, Daehyun asked " Oh, your name?"

 "Yongguk, Bang Yong-," Yongguk caught himself saying his real name.

 " What was that?" Daehyun asked.

 " Jeppman. My name is Jeppman ."

 "Ah, Jeppman-shii. Goodnight and thank you" he bowed one more time.