Bonding

Strong Great Honor

The next morning Himchan found Daehyun hugging him. Though he didn't mind, he wondered if they'd always end up that close when sleeping together.

During breakfast, Himchan wished he has brought duck tape to tape Daehyun's mouth shut. 

"- he had a nightmare and was like aaahhhhh~ , poor guy."

Yongguk coughed in awkwardness, Zelo glared at Himchan untrustingly, and Jongup had no clue about how wrong Daehyun sounded just now. Himchan could only laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah I've been getting bad nightmares lately" (darn you Jung Daehyun!)

"Anyways... Today we're going to go visit the cave nearby. It's about half an hour away, we may as well visit while we're here," Yongguk changed the subject.

"What kind of cave is it?" Daehyun asked.

"It's -"

"For you brats to find out when we get there," Himchan interrupted.

"Whaaaat?" Zelo complained.

"I can't wait ^_^" Jongup said.

Himchan noted that Jongup was a dongseng he would like.

"Alright guys, let's go." Yongguk said.

When they arrived there it was nothing like Daehyun expected. The cave had vines and moss all over it. It was gorgeous.

"Yongguk and I have more hiding spots than just the clubs. We'd come here whenever life was too much and wanted some quiet," Himchan explained.

"you're sharing your hiding spot with us?" Daehyun asked suprised.

"It was Himchan's idea." Yongguk said.

Yongguk noticed that Daehyun somehow felt unhappy with that response.

"Daehyun, what's wrong?" Yongguk asked.

"Nothing," Daehyun sulked off in a different direction from the cave.

" I'm going to go talk to him," Himchan told the others.

Himchan followed Daehyun where he sat down on a fallen tree by a river.

"Daehyun... I'm sorry about what I said before. It's clear to me now that you don't really care for my wealth. It's just, I don't really like being controlled and having my future set for me."

Daehyun could feel his anger subside. Himchan knew he was wrong and apologied. Daehyun couldn't help but respect that.

Daehyun finally responded, "I think that is something a lot of people can relate to, myself included. That being said, I forgive you. Disregarding the past, I think we can be good friends. The only thing dislikable about you is when you mess with my food."

"Thank you, Daehyun. The only think dis likable about you is your big mouth."

Daehyun stuck his tongue out in response.

Himchan went to close Daehyun's mouth when his saw movement by his feet.

"Aaaaaaaaaajaaaaaaa!!!" Himchan leap and hugged Daehyun. It was a snake!

"Hahaha. Hyung, this snake isn't poisonous."

Daehyun went and picked the snake up while Himvhan's skin was crawling.

"See. It's a peaceful snake," Daehyun said as he pet it.

"ugh...." Himchan stayed his distance.

"Here hyung, pet it."

Himchan slowly approached it. When he gathered the courage to touch it, it moved its head slightly which made Himchan back away quickly.

"I think that's enough snake petting for today don't you think..." Himchan couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay hyung," Daehyun said amused.

When they returned to the group, they had their arms linked with a Daehyun making fun of the way Himchan was now watching his every step.

"I see you two have made up," Yongguk said relieved. 

Zelo raised his eyebrow while Jongup celebrated.

"Let's finally look inside the now? Daehyun?~" Himchan said teasingly.

"let's go!!! Charge!!" Daehyun ran in dragging the maknaes with him.

They played all day in the caves as if they were little kids. Hide and seek games. Daehyun and Himchan got along as if they never fought. Zelo was skeptical but because Daehyun seemed happy, he figured he should give Himchan a chance too.