Dreams and Friendship

Strong Great Honor

Daehyun falls down to his knees drained of all energy and laid flat on his back. When it comes to dancing he is always worn out while Jongup and Zelo are still burst with energy. They danced around him while he laid on the ground out of breath.

"Must be nice being young, I'm so envious" he says as he begins to regain his mind.

Kekeke Zelo goes.

"Hyung, are you calling it a night already?" Jongup asked.

"Yes, we're going home."

"But hyung, you can go home by yourself while we continue dancing~," Zelo said.

"Nuuu! I don't want to walk home alone, you guys are coming with me." Daehyun insisted.

"But hyung-" Daehyun shoved his hand on Jongup's mouth before he could argue otherwise.

On the street, Daehyun was walking ahead while humming.

Zelo frowned complained "He dragged us off just to drop him off."

"Well you know Daehyun can't stand being alone. Besides this gives us a chance to wake up early tomorrow to get some more practice time," Jongup replied.

"Since when do you two ever wake up early?!" Daehyun yelled flabbergasted as he walked backwards until he was between them.

"Every weekend I have to drag you both out of bed in the morning. Jongup would sleep till afternoon if I didn't wake him. And with Zelo, I always have to wrestle him out of bed. Don't you guys dare cheat on me! One for all! All for one!"

The three of them had met during a music festival when Daehyun was 12 , Jongup 10 , and zelo 9. Ever since then, even despite the fact that they lived in different provinces and age differences, they've been best friends.

The three of them loved music and shared this passion. Jongup and Zelo had dance classes and Daehyun had attended a music academy and specialized in singing. The maknaes taught him dance while he gave them singing lessons. The three of them aspire to pursue music and become stars.

Daehyun said goodnight to them when they reached his home. He saw them chatting as they walked off on their way home.

He took a quick shower and went off to bed. The next day, he had absolutely nothing to do. Jongup and Zelo had school today. High school was fun as heck for Daehyun, singing everyday and surrounded by close friends. But now everyone's gone their own way.

He slouched on the couch feeling lonely. He could call his old friends but he knew they were busy. Beside, they are in Busan!

The power of Internet let him stay in contact with Zelo and Jongup all these years. And now he is actually with them after moving to Seoul by himself but these two don't like skinship the way his old friends did! So he was pouting at the lack of looooovin.

But since he sitting here bored, he figured he'd go wander around the park and sing to entertain himself. Just as he was about to leave, his phone rang. It was his parents calling him.

"Hello mom! Hello dad!"

"Daehyun-ah, we're coming to Seoul."

"What?" Daehyun was suprised, but suddenly he felt very happy.

"Did you guys missed me that much?" He asked cheerfully.

"We're not coming because we missed you, we're coming to take you to the Kims," his mother replied coldly.

"Huh?"

"You ran off to Seoul, haven't gotten a job, aren't going to college, and aren't doing anything with your life! So you've left us with no choice! We're arrangeing to get you married!"

"What?!" Daehyun yelled with his Busan accent coming out at full force. " you can't do this!"

"Get a job before we reach Seoul or we're marrying you off!" His mother interrupted.

"Before you get here?! There's no way I'll be able to get a job in-"

The phone was hung up on him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" Daehyun screamed with his hands on his head.

There's no way he's going to get a job in time. He left Busan to pursue music and has been practicing with Jongup and Zelo everyday. But his parents always pressured him to get a degree in something just in case.

No! That's not it, Daehyun said to himself. He remembered when his parents kept trying to marry off his older brother to the Kims. But since his brother is taken now, all they have is Daehyun to secure the marriage. They had always wanted to become family with the Kims because the fathers were childhood friends like actual brothers. But they want to actually be family, and Daehyun didn't have an excuse not to get married. He was single, had no job, and wasn't going to college.

And now here he was stuck with this problem, rushing to every store owner begging for a job and being kicked out for being too loud. Usually Daehyun is quiet and shy around people he doesn't know but none of that matters! He needed a job as soon as possible.

Daehyun had ran around for hours met with no luck. Jongup and Zelo had finished school and Daehyun was there to meet them drenched in sweat.

"Hyung! What are you doing here? Weren't we meeting in the practice room?" Jongup asked.

"That's not important right now!" Daehyun said out of breath.

"Your panting and sweating a lot hyung! What's going on?" Zelo said with a worried face.

"You two, I need a job right now!"

"What?"

"I said I need a job right now! Help me look for a job! Quickly !"

Daehyun grabbed them by the wrists and started dragging them.

"Hyung, what's this about?" Jongup questioned. Daehyun turned around and just as he was about to speak he fainted. " hyung!" He heard as he lost consciousness.

Daehyun opened his eyes and he was in his bedroom. He just had the worst nightmare ever, his parents were coming to Busan to marry him off to who knows who just because it was their friend's kid.


Daehyun woke up in his room. He just had the most realistic nightmare in his life.

"Hyung are you okay?" Zelo asked as he lean over daehyun with his hand on daehyun's forehead. Jongup was standing over him too. "What the heck are you guys doing here?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Daehyun hyung, you fainted remember?" They asked with such innocence.

"Gaaaaaaah!!!!!" Daehyun bursted as the maknaes covered their ears.

He rushed out of bed, tripped on the blankets and fell flat on his face.

"Hyung!"

He turned to them and grabed their legs " pleeaasee tell me you guys got me a job ! T-T. "

"I assume this means you didn't get a job" a voice came from behind him.


There his mother was stood in the doorway with that Jung smug smirk of victory.

"Oh, ummonie." Zelo and Jongup bowed.

"You two must've had a hard time taking care if our naughty Daehyun. Let my husband take you out to eat and then send you two home." She said looking at them angelically.

"Ahh, okay," they said as they walked by her.

"Nuuuu! Don't leave me here alone!" Daehyun begged.

"Go on now you two," she said.

They bowed and there Daehyun was abandoned by his childhood friends.

"You are getting married!~"


His mother said gleefully.

"But I don't want to get married. I can only marry Shim Siamdang!" He argued.

His mother frowned "The Kim's son is at the level of Shim Siamdang! If anything he's the one that should be making requirements for his partner. You should be great full your parents connections have enabled you to marry such a great man!"

"A guy?! As in a man?! Your marry me off to a guy?!"

"Don't try to act all straight now! Your father and I know exactly how open minded you are! We have videos of you sliding up and down your friend's body!"

"But they're just close friends! Okay I'll admit I don't mind guys but your marring off you poor little son to some random dude?!"

"I told you! He is perfect in everyday! He can even cook!"

"What?" Daehyun's ears perked up. "Can he cook traditional food?" Now he was curious.

"Yes!" His mother replied.

"Can he cook 9 different traditional dishes?"

"Yes, I told you he's perfect."

"Fine, I'll think about it, but if his ugly I'd rather become a hobo on the streets than marry him"

"Ow!"

She smacked him in the head. "Don't worry and just trust us. Your parents know best!"