chapter - 14

FAMILY FEUDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kangin was just getting out of the meeting room when he got a call from the hospital that Leeteuk is admitted there. He ran, not waiting for the elevator, all the while praying Leeteuk will be okay. He hit his head mentally when he saw Hankyung standing at the reception.

Earlier the day Hankyung's parents called Kangin saying Hankyung broke up with Feng and asked him to talk to him.

"What's wrong, Hyung?" Hankyung asked seeing Kangin in a rush.

"Leeteuk is in the hospital." Kangin said not running to the garage followed by Hankyung.

Hankyung didn't ask what was wrong with Leeteuk while they were in the car. He only reassured Kangin that she'll be fine. And for that Kangin was grateful to him.

Hankyung watched Kangin all but running to the doctor's room as soon as he got out of the car. Somehow Hankyung felt like this was not the first time Kangin was in this situation. But nothing would have prepared him for the news that awaited him. Hankyung was shocked when he heard about Leeteuk's condition. From Kangin's expression Hankyung understood he knew about this before.

"Leeteuk is fine . She forgot to take the medicines that's why she collapsed." The doctor explained.

"The baby?" Kangin asked in a small voice.

"The Baby is fine. Don't worry. But make sure she takes the medicine correctly." The doctor said in a serious tone.

"I'll make sure of that. Thank you." Kangin said bowing before leaving the room.

Hankyung was in his own thoughts he didn't notice when Kangin stopped walking. He almost crashed into him. Hankyung followed Kangin's gaze and saw Yunho sitting on the floor with his face in his hands most probably crying with his wife by his side who was unmistakenably crying.

Kangin was surprised to see Yunho and Jaejoong. He knew from their expressions that they know about Leeteuk.

"Kangin ." Jaejoong said in a coarse tone. On hearing Jaejoong talk Yunho pulled his face from his hands and looked at Kangin their gazes meeting.

"You knew. You ing knew about this." Yunho shouted getting up and grabbing Kangin by his collar. Hankyung jumped in to stop Yunho but Kangin stopped him.

"Yes, I knew." Kangin said trying to control his voice but everyone could hear it breaking.

"Why? Why didn't you tell us? Why did you take her away from us?" Yunho asked tightening his hold.

"I'll tell you everything but not here." Kangin said in a calm tone.

After few minutes they were all sitting in the caferteria of the hospital.

"I know all of you think that Leeteuk ran away with me because she was madly in love with me. But that's not the truth." Kangin said looking at the floor.

"What do you mean? Then why would she do that?" Jaejoong asked raising her eyebrows.

"I was merely her bestfriend . When she was diagnosed with cancer she was not worried about her but about you and your siblings. She didn't want to make you all sad and worried but she also couldn't marry Hyeoseung while knowing the truth. She was planning on running away on her own. But I offered her help." Kangin said looking at Yunho and Jaejoong. Hankyung didn't know what to say. He never expected any of this when he left the college happily promising Heechul he'll be back soon to meet Kangin.

"Leeteuk thought it was better you hate her than feel sad because of her. So she agreed with me." Kangin said taking a deep breath.

"But why did you help her? You knew we would hate you and your family more after this." Jaejoong asked shaking her head.

"I accepted that. But I couldn't just let her vanish without knowing where she is. I'd rather have her beside me. Because..." Kangin stopped searching for words.

"Because you loved her." Yunho said finally breaking his silence.

"No....I..." Kangin started to deny.

"You can deny all you want. You loved her but you haven't told her." Yunho said seriously. Hankyung looked at Kangin not believing he haven't confessed to Leeteuk yet.

"I...." Kangin said looking down. 

"But Why haven't you told her?" Jaejoong asked not able to suppress her thoughts. 

"I don't want to make this anymore harder to her than it is now. It'll be easier for her if she thinks I'm not in love with her. Easier for her when the time comes." Kangin said finally breaking down. Hankyung put his arms around Kangin and tried to console him.

"I don't know what to say. But I know I should say thanks to you for taking care of my sister. Thank you Kangin. I'm forever in your debt." Yunho said sincerely getting up and patting Kangin in the shoulder.

"Let's go and see Teukie. " Jaejoong said walking to Yunho.

"You guys go ahead. I need some time." Kangin said looking at everyone. 

"Okay..."Yunho said walking with Jaejoong. Hankyung didn't leave his place beside Kangin.

"Hyung...you could've talked to me or Hyuk. Why did you keep all this in your mind?" Hankyung asked looking at Kangin sadly.

"I'm okay with it Hankyung. I need to go to the restroom." Kangin said getting up.

Leeteuk was lying in the hospital bed with her eyes closed she was worried sick that something happened to her baby. But the nurse assured her nothing's wrong. Now she was worried about facing Yunho. She was sure that Yunho would've known about her condition by now.

She opened her eyes when she heard the door opening. 

Yunho entered followed by Jaejoong one look at his face made her heart clench painfully. She knew he's been crying because of her.

"Yun....I'm sorry." Leeteuk said tears filling her eyes.

Yunho didn't say anything but continued to walk towards Leeteuk. He stood beside her bed looking at her for few minutes.

"I hate you Jungsu. " He said hugging her while letting the tears flow freely out of his eyes. 

"How could you do this to us Teukie? Do you think we hated you for running away?  Then get it through your thick skull. We never hated you we were hurt by you and we missed you Teukie."Yunho said to his sister.

"I'm sorry Yun.... please forgive me. I didn't know any other way." Leeteuk said into his chest.

"You could've stayed with us. We would've taken care of you." Yunho said back.

"But if I stayed I have to see everyone hurting because of me. I can't bear that." Leeteuk said crying.

"Oh...you stupid angel." Yunho said smiling but kissing her forehead before releasing his hold.

"Yun...please don't tell this to Sungie, Chullie and Kyu. Especially Chullie." Leeteuk said looking at Yunho pleading through her eyes.

"Why? They have a right to know. " Yunho asked frowning. 

"Please,  Yun. I'll tell them soon but I need some time. " Leeteuk pleaded. 

"No, Teukie I want you bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter