Sunggyu

Jung Eunji Short Stories Collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Here's the first chapter! It is more like a sneak peek though^^

Hope you like it!

xxx

Here she goes again.. he thought as he saw a familiar sight from his window…Group of girls chatting and jogging..

 

It was about three months ago that Sunggyu first noticed them. He is an idol trainee and lives with his fellow trainees in a dorm.. Their group was already formed, and they were practicing very hard for their debut these days.. Due to their erratic schedules, they had no particular sleeping cycle..It was one of those days when he got up early that he noticed them..

Few months ago...

 

He woke up early, but the other members were still sleeping soundly.. He too tried to sleep again, but when he simply couldn’t fall asleep, he just sat on his bed and looked out of the window by his bed…

 

It was then that he saw those girls for the first time..

 

There were about seven of them..

 

At first, the five of them jogging in the front came into his sight ... Wow, they are quite pretty he thought

 

But it was one of the other two girls trailing behind that caught his eye....She was fooling and laughing around with the other girl, like cat and mouse, making Sunggyu smile..

 

From then on, it became usual routine for Sunggyu to wake up and see her pass by. Sometimes she too jogged earnestly, but most of the time she was engaged in some clowning around with the other friend or would just be huffing and puffing behind the other girls.

 

She was not strikingly pretty at first sight. She wore glasses, was a bit chubbier than the others and always wore boyish clothes…but the more he saw her, the more he found her pretty and he simply couldn’t get her out of his mind…. Could I..Could I have crush on her??

 

It was just another usual day for Sunggyu. He woke up early, and peered out of the window..and right on time, the girls passed by….but no…she is not here today…

 

Could something have happened to her?...Is she sick?...Is she all right? Should I go ask them?? Sunggyu was getting worried, and nearly ran out to ask them..

 

Aishh..What will they think if I suddenly go and ask them! I don’t even know her name..AND SHE DOESN’T EVEN KNOW I EXIST!!

 

 

 

“Hyung! Wake up already~ How long do you plan on sleeping~” Sunjong shook the sleeping Sunggyu

 

“Aishh..This hyung..always waking up early and then sleeping the entire day….” Hoya complained

 

Yes. It had become something like a habit to Sunggyu. It might seems creepy to some, but he swears its just an innocent crush!

 

“(yawn) alright alright..I’m up now~” He sat up, though his eyes were still closed(?) and started stretching

 

 

That night

 

I can’t keep on doing this! I have to confess or I have to forget about her! I can’t even concentrate or focus on other things because she keeps popping up in my mind!

 

He was now determined, having made up his mind to confess.

 

But he was having hard time falling asleep because of the different scenarios playing out in his mind..Kim Sunggyu! Fall asleep already! You have to wake up early tomorrow! He tried to tell his mind to sleep. However, it was after few hours that he finally fell asleep..

 

 

The next morning

 

Sunggyu got up and washed up. After coming up with different ideas, he decided to wait for her by the park that she was sure to pass by.

 

It was a bit chilly, so he bought two cans of hot coffee from the convenience store opposite to the park to keep him warm.

 

He sat down on the bench, and started humming a song. He was humming his third song by the time girls appeared.

 

Just as the luck would have it, Eunji approached the park alone while the others went into the convenience store..

 

“Haah~” he took a long breath and got up and approached her sitting form

 

“Excuse me?”

Really Kim Sunggyu? Excuse me? It was all you could come up with?

 

She looked up, her eyes widening as if in recognition

 

“Yes?”

 

“Umm…Hello. I’m Kim Sunggyu..” He rubbed his head

 

“Umm..I live in that apartment (points towards his apartment) and every morning I see you pass by…and I really like you, and want to get to know you better!”

 

“It may sound sudden and strange, but I’m not kidding and am really sincere…. Will you go out with me?”As he didn’t have anything to purpose her with, he gave her the only thing he had. The coffee can.

 

She looked really shocked and rightly so. It was not every day that you get confessed by a total stranger. He thought

 

“Um..oppa..Actually…I…” Just as she was about to give a reply, she was aproached by a scary looking woman

 

“Jung Eunji! What are you doing? Talking to a total stranger! Why aren’t you with the others?”

 

“Panda unnie…”

 

She was pulled away by ‘Panda unni’ and while being pulled, she sent a sad look towards him..”Oppa, I’ll tell you the next time we meet!” she shouted just before disappearing from his eyesight, but since she was pretty far, all Sunggyu could see was her lips moving…he didn’t hear what she said

 

“So..her name’s Eunji…WAIT A MINUTE....Right now..was I …was I just rejected?”

 

Dejected, Sunggyu returned to his dorm

 

“Hyung! Where were you gone, so early in the morning? You are not even the type to exercise!” Sungyeol joked the moment he entered the dorm

 

Usual Sunggyu would have joked around a bit, but today he just ignored and plopped down on his bed…unshed tears blurring his vision..

 

 

Naeun ah, I’m going out for some fresh air…” Eunji informed

 

“Unni, will you be all right on your own? Should I come with you?” Naeun asked with concern, after seeing her unni was not her usual self today

 

“No..It’s all right..I just need some time alone..”

 

“Okay unni, Come back soon!”

 

Even if it was September, it was pretty chilly outside, and Eunji regretted not wearing something warmer. With nowhere particular to go, she headed towards the park nearby.

 

Honestly, Eunji was really homesick..It is true that it is her dream to be a singer, but since it was her first time away from family, it was pretty hard.. Also since she joined the company later than the others, she was having harder time mixing with others..and felt lonely at times too…

 

She finally reached the park, and just sat on the bench watching people passing by, and the sun setting slowly.

 

She must have sat there for about an hour as it was almost fully dark by then. Chilled to her bones, she went to buy some hot drink from the convenience store nearby..

 

When she returned, her spot was taken by a boy around her age.

 

I should just return then..

 

She was about to head back home, when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter