Yang Yoseob

Jung Eunji Short Stories Collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was bright, and he was in the beach, splashing in the water trying to make the best of his vacation.

 

"Oppa ya!!" she called out from the shaded bench, holding out an ice-cream for him. He noticed something was different from the last time he saw her. He thought she was growing out her fringe, but here she was with fringed hair looking like when he saw her for the first time before debut. 

 

He walked back to her, and she handed him his ice cream cone.

 

His was butterscotch and hers was chocolate flavor as usual.

 

He couldn’t help staring at her, and she apparently noticed the staring but mistook it for something else.

 

"Do you want a taste?" she asked innocently

 

Before he could realize what he was doing, he bent down and took a from the ice cream that was dangerously close to .

 

The time stilled, and he could see the surprise on her face from the sudden close proximity.

 

He looked calm from outside but he was anything but calm inside.

 

"It's pretty good." He said trying to be casual. He saw the mischievous glint in her eyes

 

"Then I'm going to taste yours too." She leaned towards his ice cream. It was about to touch her lips when a strong wind blew.  It blew away her hat and as if she was a paper, she too got blown away by the wind

 

"Eunji ya!" he shouted, only to be replied by a masculine voice he recognized pretty well.

 

"Ya, Yang Yoseob. Wake up. It's time for landing."

 

He opened his eyes, to Kikwang fanning him beside him "What kind of dream were you having about Eunji??"

 

"I must have dreamt of Eunji because I fell asleep listening to her songs.." Yoseob replied to appease Kikwang, but he knew that that wasn’t the reason.

==============

 

He went directly to his apartment after landing. His mind was still feeling fuzzy from his dream. It was already late, so he planned to go to sleep but couldn’t imagine how he would be able to sleep in this state.

 

I might as well go to gym

 

With that thought, he got ready and headed out. It was a 24 hour open gym for people like him who didn’t have much time during day.

 

"Anneonghaseyo!" he showed ship card as he entered the gym

 

"What do you plan to do today? Do you need my help for anything?" the instructor asked

 

"Ah, I'm just doing the treadmill, so I can manage on my own."

 

"All right then. Since I won't be needed, I'll be heading home." With a greeting, they separated.

 

He looked around, and the entire gym was deserted. It was good to have the whole gym for himself.

 

He plugged his earphones on and started his regimen.

 

Even though his body was busy running, his mind couldn't stop thinking about the dream.

 

"Jung Eunji…"

 

The flashback of the past five years came to him.. The first time she introduced herself with her bright smile… the time they would fool around in the recording studio….promoting their duet together…

 

By that time he was already interested, but it was the musical that changed everything. They spent so much time together after work drinking and talking about common stuffs that after the play ended, he felt so empty for so long. That was also the time that he had a jealous side to him, seeing her getting so close with her male co stars

 

Also it wasn’t fair how she kept getting prettier every time he saw her in person or on tv.

 

When he learnt about their promotions overlapping last year, he was so overjoyed but Eunji was not the same then. She seemed more guarded and distant than in the past. She seemed to be avoiding him during that time, but went back being normal after some time. They now texted sometimes, but it was honestly very hard to see her with their busy schedules.

 

But seeing her in such a vivid dream brought back the feelings he had locked so deep inside.

 

Confessing to her would have been the ideal outcome, but he was too much of a coward to do that. He had just managed to rebuild their current friendship and he didn’t want to risk destroying that in any way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter