Yoo Seungho .2

Jung Eunji Short Stories Collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She carried her diary with her, checking the list as she went around the venue making sure everything was going on smoothly. Opening her own event planning business was a huge step for her, but opening it in unfamiliar Seoul was even more daring step. It had already been two years since she moved to Seoul, and her business was really thriving these days with her business being booked for almost half year in advance. The first year had been really difficult for her, and she had no time for herself as she worked day and night to make something out of the business. It was only after a year that she was able to have the stable foothold. Now she employed more employees and by dividing works she was able to get some time for herself.

 

Today's event was business party, and was taking part in a hotel in Seoul… the same hotel from her birthday three years back. It was impossible to avoid holding party in the hotel as it was one of the most renowned one. At first, managing event in the hotel brought some pang of regret that she associated with that day..but these days, she got used to putting that pang aside and focusing in her work.

 

Business parties were the events that were easier to plan compared to the weddings, as it required less emotional satisfaction and more of perfection. So she told herself to snap out of it and focus on work.

 

==

 

Business parties were the part of his profession that he disliked the most. They were superficial, tiring and time consuming. However, they were required to make connections. You never knew where you were going to meet your potential client. Today too, if it wasn’t for it being invited by one of his most important client, he wouldn’t be here. He hadn’t meant to stay this long but he somehow got involved in a conversation with high rank client and couldn’t get out of it. Just as he thought he could go home, someone greeted him from behind.

 

"Lawyer Yoo!"

 

He pasted his polite business face as he turned around to face the source of voice. It was his client , Mr.Kim himself with two other high rank looking men.

 

That's another half an hour gone… he thought as he politely nodded to the conversation while his mind roamed around. The questions they asked were all standard questions, so he didn’t even have to use his mind much. As his eyes roamed around, it focused on a figure going around with notepad.

 

It couldn't be…

 

"Laywer Yoo, is there some problem?" Mr.Kim asked, looking at his line of sight

 

"Is she part of your staff? " Seungho asked

 

"She is part of the event management company we hired for this party.. my assistant knows about that better. You can ask him about it if you want to " Mr.Kim supplied

 

"Thank you, if you don’t mind can you excuse me?"

 

After he excused himself from the group, he headed to washroom to sort his mind out.

 

It had been three years.

 

He didn’t even know if she remembered him

 

Or that night

 

Oh he did date many girls after that, but something felt off about them and eventually ended up breaking up

 

He tried to put that night behind him, but the memory of that night kept reappearing in most random timing making him think of her…

 

All he knew that her name was Eunji, she was from Busan, and she was born on August 18, working as assistant event manager somewhere.. with that information, he tried asking around few event planning business around Busan, but he found no one…

 

But here she was. Today.

 

It would be embarrassing if she didn’t remember him, but he needed a proper closure.

 

So he went with determination towards the hall.

 

 

"Eunji ya!!!" Her friend and business partner Bomi came running in, looking excited

 

"What is it?" Eunji asked curiously.

 

"There is a really good looking guy looking for you in the lobby!!"

 

Eunji frowned, trying to remember if she had any appointment she had forgotten about. She checked her schedule book, but there was nothing.

 

"I'll be right back. Hold the fort till then." Eunji replied as she walked towards the lobby

 

Right as she stepped in the lobby, she recognized him instantly. He was reading a magazine on the sofa

 

How did he find me? was the first thought that entered in her mind.

 

She looked around if there were anyone else that fit the description that Bomi gave, but there wasn’t.

 

It had been more than three years.

 

What took him so long?

 

Why now?

 

She took a long breath as she slowly walked towards him.

 

"Are you waiting for me?" the husky voice made him look up from the magazine that he had in his hands.

 

She looked the same, yet there was that mature aura to her that wasn’t there three years back.

 

He stood up, and noticed how she was now taller than she remembered. It was probably due to the businesslike heel she was wearing right now.

 

"Long time no see, Eunji ya." He gave her a cautious smile, unsure how she would feel towards seeing him

 

"Really a long time.." her voice trailed off..

 

"I know you are working right now, but can I ask you out for a drink after your finish up?" he asked

 

She didn’t know what she was expecting, but an invite for drinks was definitely not it.

 

She looked at her watch, and nodded.

 

"Only cleaning up is left, so my work is almost done. I can finish up in about fifteen minutes. Does that work for you?" she asked and he nodded.

 

"I'll be waiting right here."

 

She nodded and headed back to the kitchen

 

"Who was he?" Bomi asked the moment Eunji walked in. The other employees too looked up curiously. She pulled Bomi to the side of a room

 

"I'll explain later. Bbom ah, I need to head out now. Can you please finish up the work for me today? I'll return you the favor later I promise! "

 

"All right, but you have to explain me about this later!"

 

Eunji nodded in agreement and headed out to get her bag.

 

Right after fifteen minutes, Eunji reached the lobby.

 

"Let's go."

 

 

 

He was driving, and since she had work tomorrow they decided on going to tea shop instead of bar.

 

There were many things he wanted to ask, but he waited till their order had arrived.

 

"I waited that day you know.." he said, adding sweetener to his tea.

 

"I'm sorry.. I really had full intention to return, but there was emergency at home and I needed to head out immediately… which you would have known if you had called me.." she replied

 

It was emergency indeed. That day, after the moment she put her phone on charge, lots of messages popped up- of her mother being frantic saying her brother was at emergency in hospital. She had rushed home forgetting about shower. She had just enough sense to leave a note at the reception for him. It was good thing that her brother had just sprained his leg while playing football, but she was disappointed at the lost opportunity with SeungHo…

 

"How would I call you? I didn’t even know your full name! I still don’t ! "

 

She frowned at that.

 

"How is that possible?? I clearly left you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter