Chapter 9

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

"Kyungsoo-ah!" One of the members yelled. Then Suho rushed into the room and loked suspiciously at both of us, all three of us to be exact. "Kyungoo-ah, it's your turn to do the dishes. We won't let you stall again, no matter what."

"But, hyung! I need to take Jessica home."

"We can have another member do that, I'n sure she can ride home eith someone else, right?" Suho looked over at me. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well... I guess so. Sorry Jessica, but will you be alright?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, now go to the ikitchen and do your job, and do it nicely. And Jessica and will ask some of the members if they could drive you home." then Kyungsoo went to the kitchen dragging his feet like a little kid being scolded by his mother for not doing what he's supposed to do. I felt like laughing at how Suho is like Exo's mother.

Suho went around the dorm looking for somebody else to drive me home, sadly everybody was busy. Except for one person, Kai.

"Kai-ssi, can you drive Jessica home?"

"Sure."

"Why?! Not him! I don't want to be in the same car as him!" I complained.

"Why not?" Suho asked.

"Because!"

"Because is not an answer or an excuse." Kai said as he took out his keys and walked to the door. He didn't even look back. I made puppy eyes at Suho, but he just mouthed "Sorry", but sorry doesn't help in this case. I just dragged my feet to the door and followed Kai.

***

Once we were in his car, he wouldn't talk until we actually got to my apartment building.

"So, What's up with you and Kyungsoo?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah right, nothing. I clearly saw you guys making out in the kitchen when I walked in."

"We weren't even making out, our lips didn't even touch! And besides, why would you care?!"

"That's exactly what he said, but you know what they say, the ones that are so defensive are the ones that are guilty."

"Well you don't have the right to complain. Anyways, it really was nothing." I said as I tried to open the door. Why won't this stupid thing open?

"It's on 'child lock', so you could only open it from the outside, if you'd noticed..."

"Did you plan this?!"

"No, not really. All I knew was that you're the type that likes to run away from situations like this."

"WHAT?!"

"Well, it's true."

"Hmph! You're mean! And you're a total jerk!"

"Whatever..." he said as he walked out and opened the door for me. I tried not to make eye contact with him, but somehow, he was looking right back at me. He had a look of anger/confusion/tiredness/sad/still poker face on. It was creepy.

"What?" he said.

"What?!" I yelled back. Okay, maybe I was being a little too defensive because I think I yelled too loud because people were looking at us from the parking lot.

"Isn't it obvious? You're staring straight at me. You don't have to be so defensive about it. I already know that I look extremely handsome."

"Whatever." then I walked off. I could tell that he was smirking behind my back. So really I just ran off and up to the fifth floor where my apartment is. I'm glad I'm away from him.

"So this is where you live?" I jumped. He's STILL here!

"Did you follow me! What the heck are you doing here?!"

"I have to make sure you're safe inside your apartment because Kyungsoo would kill me if he found out his girlfriend was missing or something." WHAT?! GIRLFRIEND?!!!

"I'M. NOT. HIS. GIRLFRIEND! And go away! I'm already inside!" I said as I opened my apartment and stepped inside. I almost shut the door in his face until he used the 'stick-your-foot-in-the-doorframe' trick. What a jerk.

"You didn't say goodbye."

"What do you mean?" He raised his eyebrows. He's so cocky!

"Good riddance!" I said as I tried to push the door close, but his foot was still in the way. He smirked at the way I struggled to shut it.

"What are you looking at?" I said.

"You. You trying so hard to run away from the situation."

"I already told you it's nothing. There's nothing between us. And don't you dare call me his girlfriend. Ever again!"

"Okay!" he said putting his hands up "As long as you promise that there's nothing serious between you two."

"I don't need to promise because there isn't."

"Okay then, see you tomorrow at school!" Then he slipped his foot out of the doorframe, and me being the person that was still struggling to shut the door, slammed it, which shook the walls. Hopefully the people next door didn't hear. But that wasn't on my mind. What was, was that he 'needed me to promise' him that I was innocent and he said that he would see me at school tomorrow. Tomorrow! T-O-M-O-R-R-O-W! As in the next day! How could he see me tomorrow if he always skips his classes. Well that's something to be curious about. And I was curious about it all night.

***

The next day in Mrs. Shin's class, I actually spotted him. Him. Actually sitting at his desk dilligently. All the girls were crowding around him, but he didn't seem to care, and he just ignored them. The same went for the next few days after that, he was always on time and he was actually listening and participating in the class' activities. Well isn't that weird? But at the same time on those days, I haven't seen Kyungsoo either. Was he ignoring me? Was the incident in the kitchen that embarassing?

 

____________________________________________

New update! Finally! I know, I haven't updated in a week or so, knowing that school is out, but I have lots of other things like traveling and camping/fishing so I'm a very busy person. But that wouldn't stop me from updating, I'll try to do the best I can! Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the update! ^^