Chapter 10

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

When I walked into Mr. Kang's dance room on Friday, I couldn't help but notice Kai flirting with a bunch of girls in the corner. Ugh, why do I even bother to look at him? It's always expected for him to do that, I mean seriously, he's Kai. He looked straigh up at me. He smirked. That little brat is just making a show right in front of everbody, including me. I shot him a death glare, which made his smirk even bigger.

"Hi Noona!!" Sehun said as he came rushing towards me. "Do you like dancing?"

"Uh, yeah. I enjoy it a lot, which was why I joined dance club. Anyways, that performance that you guys did last week was awesome."

"Thanks, but many people say that I'm a 'lazy' dancer and that I need to work more on my moves. It's really the reason why I joined too."

"Yeah, it's always good to polish up your skills."

"Yeah. Anyways, good luck on dancing. I overheard Mr. Kang talking about you guys learning a dance today, and we would be your instrutors." What? A dance? TODAY?! I'm so not ready for this, especially sisnce I've never exactly danced since middle school. You see, I've never been dancing since then, and that was only hip-hop, but I don't think I'm going to be the same, especially since I'm getting old.

"Thanks, you too. Hopefully you would reach your goal to become a more successful dancer."

"Thanks, I gotta go. See you later!" he waved and I could see a huge mob of girls start to follow him, poor Sehun. But at the same time, I could feel the tense stare of Kai, and I could see it from the corner of my eye. And when I looked at him, he quickly looked away. Well that's what you get for being so cocky, mister! Who's the stalker now!

"Okay class, time to start! Since all of the students are pretty much females, I decided that we could learn the choreography for So Nyuh Shi Dae's 'Mr. Mr.'"

All the girls started to gasp. What's so bad about dancing to that? I mean, it's not that difficult, right? Oh yeah, of course. More than 80% of the girls came so they could see EXO considering that they probably didn't think that you need to learn how to dance. It's 'Dance Club', not 'EXO's fan club meeting'! Did they seriously expect that there wouldn't be any dancing?

"The dance has a genre of R&B-pop, and it contains a bunch of moves where you have to show emotion. There is also one language that is very important in using to learn to dance this. Does anybody have an idea on what this 'language' might be?" Oh, well that's easy!

"Korean?" said this one girl in the back. Oh, please! Don't be so stupid!

"Uhm...okay? Anybody else? Jessica?"

"Body language."

"Correct.You need it most when you're dancing with somebody alse, as in a couple's dance. But you still need body language to show the crowd what you're really into. If you don't even try, people would think that you're bored and that you don't belong. If you started showing powerful moves, they would think you are a very hard worker. But if you move with feeling and emotion, you just showed everyone that you love what you're doing, and that you're here for a reason. Okay, let's start!" I usually don't pay attention to long speeches like this, but this was actually pretty interesting.

"Oh, and I forgot. There will also be some girls that would be able to dance with the EXO members, because there will also be parts for that. And remember, EXO is watching you and criticizing every move you make, they will be the ones to choose who to work with."

Mr. Kang started showing us some of the choreography for Mr. Mr.' and it looked pretty funny knowing that the dance was supposed to be for women and not to mention, it's kind of a y song to. *sigh*

I started dancing and dancing to the song, it was actually really fun. Until I noticed that I was the only one actually dancing. And trying. No! This is not good. This just makes me stand out, and if I stand out, I would have to paired up with one of the EXO members, and I have a 75% chance that I would not end up with Kai. But how about if I end up being in the 25%? Now's my chance to blend in.

"Jessica?" Mr. Kang called. Crap, did he notice too?

"Nae, songsangnim."

"I like the way you dance. And so does the other EXO members. I was also imprressed on how you knew what 'body language' was. Have you been to dance classs before?"

"Uh, yeah. I've had hip-hop and jazz. It's been a long time since I've done it though..."

"Well, is it okay if I ask you to dance one of the main roles in Mr Mr. with one of the boys? They've been dicussing working with you too." Really? Them, talking about working with me? Well, that's weird.

"Uhm, okay. But who am I going to work with?"

"I was thinking you could work with Kai since you both have been into the dance genre of jazz. Here, I'll go and ask him for you." and he left.

WHAT?! I'M WORKING WITH KAI?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! I didn't even agree to that! He just walked off to ask him for me. And now he would probably think that I am his stalker. What am I supposed to do now? I guess there's only one thing to do... eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Kai-ssi!"

"Nae, songsangnim!"

"Is it okay if you can work with Jessica on the choreography of the partner dance to this song. I was thinking that you two would really work out since you guys both dance to jazz."

"Oh. Is this her request?"

"She asked who she should work with and I thought you would be perfect partners with her." Kai glared at me. What was he thinking? He then smirked.

"Sure." He said with eyes still on me. "I'd love to."


__________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed update! To tell you the truth, I might be updating about once a week or once avery two weeks. I'm so busy these days... :(