Chapter 4

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

D.O. What the heck is this? Is this a prank? I wouldn't get why there would be a person named 'D.O.'. Oh, now I know! He's one of the Exo memebers, right? Or did somebody just put a piece of paper in there and wrote that. How do you even pronounce it? Dooo? Doh? Daaa, as in the short sound? Or is it just D and O. Dang, one of the disadvantages of not being a fangirl is not knowing who the guy is.

"Okay class, this essay will count as half of your grade, and it will be due at the end of this month. So that means that you have at least three and a half weeks to turn it in. And I'm pretty sure some of the girls were waiting for this moment..." She narrowed her eyes at the girls in the front. They started blushing like crazy.

"Okay, classed dismissed."

When I was walking out the door, I was lost in my own thoughts. D.O. D.O. I don't know him. I don't even know how he looks like! Well, I have heard about him (mostly because of the girls that gossip at lunch) but that doesn't really count. Some say that he's a fine person, others say that he has a mysterious personality. What should I do? Go up to the third floor of the school and interview him? Or not? No, I can't. I'd get my kicked and I would have probably been expelled and shipped to Madgascar or something. No, I'm not doing that! But then, some of the girls said that the boys were nice and funny, and kind, but could that be true? I was so anxious to find out who they really are.

Well, at least I have like three weeks to go, to actually think about it. But I can't possibly get stuff done in the three days that are left.

***

That night, I couldn't sleep. That stupid subject is bugging me, would they think of me as a fangirl, reject me, then call the police? Okay, there's a fifty fifty chance of me going to Madagascar for that. But how about if the girls are right?

There's one thing I couldn't do. I can't research it, mostly because I don't have a computer, internet, or a cellphone (I know it ). And I can't use the computers at school because those 'young' lady teachers would think that I'm one of those fangirls that go crazy and is so desperate to look up their 'crush' that I'm doing it at school. I've seen girls do that before, and it totally didn't work out, believe me.

I hate myself, for not getting a phone and not letting myself rely on Google. I know, it's sad, really sad. But, I live alone, I have to pay for my own living by myself. I work as a bartender at one of the night clubs called 'Addiction'.

I know, a girl like me working at a night club with a bunch of drunkards, seems impossible, but it isn't. And to make things straight, I'm not a e, a , or a hooker. I don't hook up with guys, and never in my life would I do that. But the reason why I work there is because it has good pay. But the money only pays for my rent, my clothes, and my food. And maybe a few things here and there, but not enough for a phone.

Anyways, I work for 5 hours from 6:00pm to 11:00pm, every single day, since I have nothing else to do. I'm just a bartender, nothing else, but sometimes I have to fill in for some shifts... but nevermind that. I don't like doing it, but it's only to help me survive.

Some people might ask, "Why aren't you staying with your parents? It would've been a lot easier." Well, my parents are divorced. And I didn't want to live with either of them. At first, I started living with my grandma, but then I wanted to start providing for myself. It's not that I wanted to pay for the rent and every single thing that I need, it's just that I needed a break. To be alone, and deal with myself and my problems alone. I just want to forget my past and never go back to it again.

I guess that's what my parents are doing right now, forgetting the past and moving on, considering that they have never called me since, which has been like six months. And in a few more months, it would be my birthday. Maybe they would call by then, but it's not like I'm hoping for it.

Anyways, I'll try to get a good night's sleep, and deal with my essay tomorrow.

__________________________________

I missed one of the most important days of the year! Sorry Baekhyun... :(  But anyways, Happy Late Baekhyun Day!

Hey guys! I just want to thank the readers out there for supporting and commenting on this story. The comments really motivate me a lot to update my story and they just make me really happy and excited to see them. I know I just started this story last week, and now I have 16 wonderful suscribers! Thank you so much for your support! And I also have a few upvotes for this story, which was something that I hadn't really expected. Hopefully you guys have enjoyed this quick little update. (There will be much more interesting ones) Thank you guys so much, and please continue to comment and read this cute romantic-comedy of our little Sica.