Chapter 11

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

After he was done with his conversation with Mr. Kang, I walked over to my little corner where I practiced, knowing that he would come over And of course, he did.

"I didn't know that you could dance well enough to impress Mr. Kang. You're so lucky you get to dance with me, rarely anybody does."

"You'd think I'd want to dance with you?! I would've picked anybody else if I had the chance to."

"You don't have to act like you hate me. Anyways, hate IS another form of love. I'll test your dancing skills 30 minutes after class." Then he walked off. There he goes again, the one and only Kai does what he's known for, boasting.

***

30 minutes after class, I was waiting for him, even though he was supposed to be waiting for me.

"Hey," he said as he was walking in, "were you waiting for for a long time? Did you you miss me."

"In your dreams." I muttered.

"But don't dreams always come true?" he mocked with a smirk on his face. I always get the feeling of punching him in the face to get him to wipe that smirk off.

"Just shut up. I'm here to practice dancing, that's it." He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Really? That's it?" I ignored him, he's really too much.

"Okay then, if you say so. Let me help you stretch first." I don't need help to stretch.

He took off his jacket revealing his plain white t-shirt hugging his body. For a guy like him, he looked pretty muscular and strong, but that t-shirt made it way too obvious. I rolled my eyes and started to stretch. My back is already hurting!

"That's not the way to stretch, you're gonna break you're back. You need to have a support so you can stretch all the way back." He walked up in front of me and held my lower back. It felt so weird as I leaned backwards, trusting him to catch me if I fall.

"You can get back up now, I think that's enough." As I was getting up, my conscious started to worry, so I was rushing to get back up that I lost my balance and fell, not before Kai lifted me up and caught me. He brought me to an embrace then after. Not notiicing that my arms were around him, making it look like that we were hugging each other. I myself was shaking, not because I was actually close enough to smell his spicy cologne, but because I was really scared of falling and hurting myself.

"Are you done hugging me now?" he asked. I looked up at him with death in my eyes and shoved him away from me. 

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. I tend to do that around him. Hmm, I wonder why...

***

For the next couple of hours, we were dancing non-stop, no breaks or teasing each other. We were focused only on dancing. We finally took a break and the room was filled with silence, until I decided to ask a question that was bugging me.

"Why don't I see Kyungsoo around?"

"What?"

"Kyungsoo. Why don't I see him around?"

"Why are you asking that right now?"

"Because I can... I'm just curious, that's all." he paused and looked at me.

"I thought you just wanted to practice dancing, that's it." he looked tense and serious all of a sudden.

"I was just... nevermind. I gotta go now, I have work."

"I'll drop you off."

"No!... I mean, it's okay. I can handle it." The last thing I wanted him to know was that I worked at a club. I don't want him thinking of me that way... knowing that he would tease me more.

"Why not? Oh, I see. You want Kyungsoo to drop you off, nevermind then." What?! No! That's even worse! What was this guy thinking?!

"No, it's not that. I can handle it, I promise."

"Why don't you want me to drop you off? It's not like I would kidnap you or something."  This guy won't budge. Then suddenly I had an idea.

"Fine. I work at the convenience store at xxx street. You can drop me off there." To tell you the truth, tthe convenience store was a couple blocks away from the club that I work at. I could just walk from there.

"Okay then, let's go."

***

Once we got into the car, we both fell silent. I don't know why, but whenever I get into this certain car, I just shut myself up, making the atmosphere very quiet.

"Can I ask you a question?" Kai asked.

"You already did."

"Do you like Kyungsoo?"

"What?!"

"I said, Do you like Kyungsoo?" There was silence between us for a moment.

"...And again, why would that matter to you? That's a personal question, so I'm not going to answer that."

"So you do like him..." he muttered. I didn't feel like replying to that comment.

We finally arrived just after he said that, not at the club, but at the small convenience store down the street.

"This, is where you work?!"

"Why, you don't like it?"

"No, it's not that... well nevermind, just go." This time he didn't even come over to open the door for me, what a gentleman. I opened the door myself and went inside the mini convenience store without saying a word to him. It's pretty onvious that he's in a bad mood.

I waited for him to drive away, which took a very long time. Finally he went away and I saw his black Hyundai disappear down the road. Now is my chance to escape.

As I entered the club, my boss went straight up to me.

"You're late! And because of that, you're going to have a waiting shift instead of a bartending shift. Now hurry up and put on the waitress uniform!" WHAT?! NO!!!!!!! I'd rather be on garbage duty than wear that. The waitress uniform is... is really ty and makes a nice girl look like a once she puts it on. I am not wearing that!

"You're expecting me to wear that?!"

"Yes, of course, if you want to keep your job!" , this isn't good. Wish me luck!

***

Ugh, I hate this uniform, can't they get something else? Like seriously, this is my very last time I am going to be late for work. And if Kai gets me late again... I'll make sure to get revenge!

"Now go to table number 4, there's a guy that's really wasted there, but still ask him if he wants more to drink." Oh god, the last thing I want is for a guy to puke on me.

But when I neared table number 4, my head started spinning, because there sat the guy I was looking for all weekend.

 

____________________________________

Hi! I'm back from my vacationing thingy. And to celebrate, I created a new update! Yehet! And the good news is that I might me updating regularly now! Even more Yehet! Hope you guys enjoyed my little update and please note that I don't proofread my updates so I might've mispelled something or whatever. Anyways, make sure to comment on your thoughts and opinions on this story, it makes me feel more motivated and keeps me happy and alive from playing games to actually focusing on making more updates. ^^