Chapter 5

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

The next morning, I woke up to the noise of my stupid alarm clock. What?! It's already 7:00?! Did I even get any sleep? Stupid essay made me sleep for like 15 minutes! Crap, I only have thirty minutes to get ready!

***

When I was walking to school (Btw, my apartment building is only two blocks away) I was thinking of what I should do with my project. Should I go? Well, I guess Madagascar isn't all that bad. At least I've got an excuse to go there, I mean it's Mrs. Shin, the monster of the school, I guess people would understand that right? But not even the principle can go there or any other trusted adult in the building. Or maybe I could tell Mrs. Shin that I didn't have internet and that this so called 'D.O.' guy was too busy signing autographs for his fangirls and getting hunted down by them. Maybe she could relate to that.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms grabbed me and pulled me from behind.

"What the...?!"

"Woah! You almost killed yourself! Did you just not see that car coming by?" Obviously, I didn't. Being the girl that zones out a lot.

"Oh..." is all I could manage to say. I didn't know what had intimidated me, but this guy was so, so nice? He was averaged height with smooth milky skin and big eyes. His eyes matched the color of his hair which was dark brown. He had a very kind voice, but I don't know why I felt so nervous. Usually, I would talk normally to somebody like this, but knowing that a handsome (I know, I'll regret saying that later) guy had pretty much saved my life, just seems so weird and different.

"Uh, hello?"

"Oh, uh, sorry. I tend to get lost in my thoughts sometimes..." Well, not sometimes. More like most of the time.

"Thank you, for saving my life. I was so unaware of what was happening around me."

"No problem. Anyways, was that thought of yours, the one that almost made you run into a car, bothering you? Maybe I can help."

"No, it's okay. It's just school and you know lots of homework and stuff..."

"Oh. Okay. Well, you shouldn't let it bother you too much. Well it bothers me too, but you know, you should look out for your safety first. You know, it's better to be safe than sorry."

"Yeah, I'll try my best to pay attention and not zone out when walkimg on the streets."

"Can you promise me that?"

"Uh, yeah, sure, of course I will!"

"Okay, because the last thing I want is to find somebody get hit by a car." he smiled. When he did, his lips formed a heart-like shape. Well, that's unique.

"Okay then. I guess I have to go now. I'll be late for my classes. It was nice talking to you. And thanks again for saving my life."

"Okay, be safe walking to your classes."

"You too." Then I went first.

When I was out of his sight, I couldn't help but smile. He was the first boy that I have actually had a nice conversation with, the first to save my life, and the first to actually make me smile. I don't know, but his presence felt so angelic. Like there was a special aura around him that made him look so different. Oh no! I am NOT fangirling right now! No no no!!!! Why am I like this, I bet I look like an idiot on the outside, knowing that the other girls that fangirled looked so dorky. Aish, I hate myself!!! Why me? Why why why?

I was hitting myself and pinching my wrist as if I was actually dreaming that I was fangirling. But I wasn't. Why did I have to meet... and why didn't I get his name too? I hate myself more! Pabo pabo pabo!!! God, I'm going crazy! Gosh, it feels so weird. This feeling, it's so... so different. And that's another symptom of fangirling. Here are the symptoms of 'Fangirlism':

1. You have this fluttery feeling inside you when you see them

2. You start blushing madly and you feel so hot all of a sudden

3. You start thinking over your conversation and wished you would've acted way differently

4. The only thing you talk about or think about is that boy

5.You start stalking them 

6. You start hurting yourself and start sacrificing your life for them

And I'm currently on the fourth symptom. Hopefully I won't start to stalk him, and like I've said I am not anybody's stalker. And never in my life will I be possessed. Especially by a boy.

***

That whole day, I was thinking about what had happened. It had already been nighttime, but I kept replaying our conversation over and over again inside of my head. But what kept popping up in my mind was him himself. He was strong for one thing and his lips and eyes are just... I don't know. I just don't know what I'm thinking about anymore. Okay Jessica. You have to sleep. You don't want to walk on the street again and almost get hit by a car just in time to have a really handsome guy save you again, right? To my surprise, I don't know what is the right answer to that question.

 

___________________________________

Well well well. Can you guess who this mysterious guy is? I already gave you a hint to who he is in this chapter. Comment you answer, and I will tell you if it is right or wrong ^^