Chapter 13

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

"Kai??? What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked. And I am now... in trouble. I started taking small steps backwards very slowly.

"I'm here to practice with Jessica. We're partners in dance club." Kai answered looking at me mysteriously. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement.

"Okay then, I guess I have to go. I don't want to spoil your guys' plans. Bye Jessica." What plans?! I didn't make any plans with him! Kyungsoo waved at me then left. After a few seconds of silence, I finally noticed that Kai was still standing there, so I tried to close the door as fast as I can.

"Not so fast." he said and stuck his foot in the doorframe, again. I hate it when he does that.

"WHAT?! What do you want from me?! I yelled at him. I then noticed a few old ladies passing by at the same time I was yelling at him. I mouthed "sorry" but still looked back at Kai with death in my eyes. I will so totally kill him after this.

"What were you and Kyungsoo doing last night? He was supposed to be home a long time ago."

"Nothing. It's none of your business."

"Really?" he said as he pushed his way into my apartment and locked the door behind him. "Do you really expect me to believe that?" Things were really starting to get scary. "How am I supposed to believe you? Your seems way different from what you're saying."

What the heck is he talking about? What does my bed have to do with the situation I'm in right now? I looked over at it and noticed that it wasn't even close to the word "bed". It looked more of a... I don't know, laundry basket? Clothes were sprawled across the bottom of my bed. It didn't seem close to what we're even talking about.

"Hey! That's only because I didn't have time to fix my bed. I just woke when I heard the sound of the doorbell."

"But why does Kyungsoo look like a mess?"

"That's because..."

"Jessica, stop making excuses and just admit it. You had with Kyungsoo last night, didn't you?"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Are you crazy?! We just met several weeks, and you think I had an affair with him?"

"Things can always happen. I mean you were making out with him on the first day you guys formally met, so what else am I supposed to think?"

"Well, you think wrong! You have a very erted mind! I would never do that, and if you were really Kyungsoo's bestfriend, then you would've also known that he would never do that either! And again, we never made out!"

"Then why are you acting so defensive?"

"Oh my god, Kai! Just shut up, will you? We're just friends, that's it!"

"Then what really happened?"

"I saw Kyungsoo at a club and he was drunk, like wasted, and I couldn't just leave him there, so I brought him over to my place."

"Well, why didn't you call us?"

"He didn't have his phone, and I don't have a phone or your number, I'm not that stupid."

"Oh, really?

"Shut up. You know, you really need to know when to shut your mouth." he smiled. At least he didn't smirk, or else I would've killed him with my own bare hands.

"Why were you at the club anyway?" Oh crap. I need to find an excuse, quick.

"Well... You should've been happy that I just saved your bestfriend. If I didn't, he probably would've been molested by a bunch of fangirls or something." he laughed.

"Okay, I'll just let that excuse go, for now."

"So... aren't we going to practice? There was a reason why you were here."

"We don't have to practice... today."

"Then why did you come here?!"

"I don't know, just to get you mad, I guess." he smirked.

"You know, sometimes, well not sometimes, but all the of time, I just want to slap you in the face whenever you smirk like that. It's very annoying."

"Then why don't you?"

"Because I don't want to get ert on my hand."

"Then just use gloves."

"Are you asking me to slap you?!"

"Not really, I'm just testing you. You really don't look like you're going to actually do it, even though you really want to." I gave him a death glare. But we were silent for a minute until I asked him a question.

"How long have you been dancing?" he was silent for a moment.

"I don't know, it's been a really long time. But I think I started when I was in the 5th grade, why?"

"I don't know, I'm probably just curious. I have been dancing to jazz and hip-hop since junior high, but I haven't actually taken it seriously, until now."

"What do you mean?"

"After my parents abandoned me, I stopped taking dance classes because I was livingfar away with my grandparents. We couldn't afford it, but my mom really wanted me to become a dancer one day, that was her wish for me. But I didn't want to fulfill her wish after she left because I was so mad at her. But now I realized that dancing is my passion and that I actually enjoy doing it, not because somebody else wanted me to. So here I am in dance club."

"Well, where's your mom and dad now?"

"They're divorced. They didn't want to fight over the custody of me, so they just left me with my supposedly grandparents, who are really good friends with my parents and are very wise and experienced enough to know what's best for me."

"Wow. It should be hard growing up with people that aren't related to you."

"I wanted to move out right away when I was 16 because I didn't think that it is right to have somebody else care for me. I'm all grown up now and I think I can make the right choices for myself."

"But, don't you ever want to see your parents again?"

"No, but if I ever do see them again, I would just be a total stranger to them." My vision started getting blurry and then I started shedding a bunch of tears.

"Are you crying?" he asked.

"No." I wiped my tears acting as if it was nothing. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest.

"It's okay. You don't have to hide it, just let it all out." and all I remembered was crying in his arms for a very long time.

 


__________________________________________

Hey guys! I tried to update as soon as I can, but I rarely get to go on my computer anymore because my mother changed the password :( Please bare with me, I'll try to do the best I can.
So, yeah. Please comment or suscribe, it motivates me a lot and keeps me out of the depths of laziness. Okay, see you guys 'til next time! ^^