Chapter 14

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

A few minutes later, I looked up at him with my red and puffy eyes. He looked down beck at me and smiled.

"Are you done crying yet? It's been like 15 minutes already."

"Sorry about that... and your shirt." His white t-shirt was damp by my trail of tear splotches I had left. I also saw a tiny little snot bubble sitting on top of his shoulder. We both laughed.

"It's okay. Everybody has been through tough times, but I think you cried too much to the point that you look like Keroro."

"Hey, you told me to let it all out, so I did. Do you have a problem with me following your instructions?" he blinked.

"Well I didn't know that you were the type of girl that would cry until you didn't have anymore tears."

"Like I said, I am different."

"Yeah, that is true. No other girl looks like Sergeant Frog after crying." he chuckled. I gave him a death glare in response. Out of nowhere, Kai's phone rang.

"Hello? Suho hyung! Yeah, okay. Nae, nae... nae. Okay. Yeah. Yes. Nae. I'll be there in a minute." then he hung up.

"Sorry, I gotta go. I have a busy schedule this week. Can we practice after school on Friday or Saturday next week? Those are probably the only times I'm free."

"Uh... Okay, see you then."

"'Kay, see ya-"

"Wait a second, can I ask you a quick question?"

"Yeah, sure, but make it quick."

"Are you going to be at Mrs. Shin's class on Monday?" he was silent for a few seconds.

"...I, I don't know. But if you want me to, I will."

"Oh, okay... See you... on Monday..." he smiled in response and went out the door.

What did he mean by "if you want me to, I will"? Do I want him to be there? And why did I even say that? Pabo, pabo pabo. I hate myself. He probably now thinks that he wants me to be there... But, something was weird about today.That was probably the longest conversation I had ever had with Kai, and it didn't really have to do with hitting or threatening each other, it was an actual conversation. He just seemed like a very nice person to talk to, and someone who is very understandable... but was that the real side of him, or was he just acting?

*****

Sunday flew by so fast without me even knowing it. It was pretty boring because I was trapped inside of my apartment with nothing to do. But by the time I realized that I've never accomplished anything, I just found out that today is Monday. My brain is always lacking at least 98.17286241069471394% of the time and now I found myself zoning out again in Mrs. Shin's class.

"Okay class, remember that your celebrity's biography essay is due on Friday." WHAT?! Already?! Once I heard the last few words of that sentence she spoke, my ears perked up and now I am focused. I probably started focusing on class right now due to the fact that I haven't even started yet. I need to tell Kyungsoo fast and interview him. If not... you already know what might happen. Staring straight at Mrs. Shin for an hour and a half and looking at her ty makeover right after I've eaten breakfast before school probably would make me pass out.

When I was in the middle of my thoughts about going to the emergency room, Kai barged into the classroom out of nowhere, except, probably the classroom door. 

"Sorry Mrs. Shin, EXO has a bunch of schedules this entire week, so I might be late for classes frequently." Schedules? How will I interview Kyungie now?

"That's okay Jongin. It's fine, we're just glad you came. You may have a seat." Really??? HE GETS LET OFF THAT EASILY?!!! Oh, of course. Our ty monster teacher has an EXO fangirling disease and is totally biased and does not know and care about what other people think because she is completely out of her mind, that's all...-.-

*****

After class, I saw Lay walking down the halls.

"Lay!" he didn't hear me.

"Lay!!!" he still didn't hear.

"LAY!!!!!!!!!" he didn't even look up. Am I yelling at the wrong person, or is he just deaf from listening to music so much? Maybe... both.

"ZHANG YIXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he finally looked up and went over to me. I had just realized that I had actually known an EXO member's birth name. Am I going crazy?

"You know you didn't had to yell my full name from across the hallway. Instead, you should've came over and tapped me on the shoulder or something." Oh, yeah...right. I forgot.

"I know, but I called you like four times and you still didn't answer."

"So... Is there anything you need?" Ahh, the one and only humble one of EXO. It's nice to see him helping a commoner like me out.

"Uh, you know how I went to your guys' house the last time?" he nodded. "And I didn't really get time to finish my essay with Kyungsoo?" he looked at me weirdly.

"Kyungsoo? You call him Kyungsoo? Most people call him D.O, but you seem to call him by his real name Kyungsoo. And why don't you call him "Oppa"? Isn't he older than you." I looked at my feet awkwardly.

"Well... that stuff is not my style. Anyways, can you talk to him as soon as you can, because the assignment is due at the end of the week. Please please please! I really need it. You're pretty much the only member that I see available." he smiled.

"Sure thing, but we have a busy schedule this week, so I can't guarantee that you can come over because most of the time, we won't be there."

"Okay, thanks a lot. But why do you guys have busy schedules all of a sudden?"

"Uh... it's kind of a surprise, but I'll tell you anyways. We have a concert coming up in a few months, so we're all trying to get prepared for it." I nodded my head trying to process the words he just said.

"But why are you the only one here? Aren't you supposed to be somewhere else?" his eyes fell back to the ground. It seemed like he was guilty of a crime.

"Well... yeah, but I just went to the dance practice room to tell Mr. Kang the news."

"Oh, okay-"

"Yixing~ We need to go, like, right now!!!" Luhan came out of nowhere from behind me and swept him away.

"Thanks again" I mouthed and Lay smiled and nodded back. I am so happy that I don't have the life of a celebrity.

*****

Day after day, I grew more and more anxious. I always have checked if they were home, but, of course, they weren't. What am I supposed to do now? But before I knew it, it was Friday.

***

"Okay class, pass all of your essays towards the front. I'll have to grade them today, and there are no excuses for turning them in late."

"Yes, Mrs. Shin." the class groaned. The class then started passing their papers forward.

"Okay, so the first person to turn in their essay was Jessica. She turned it in before class even started today. Good job, Mrs. Jung." 

"You know you should close your mouth. Flies might get stuck in your throat." I just had realized that my eyes were wide open and my mouth hund all the way down. What?! MINE?! Wow, I feel like I broke free from depression! I really need to get out of here and find out who turned my essay in. I owe that person my life!

*****

After school, I went up to EXO's floor and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a voice asked from the intercom thingy next to the door.

It's me, Je-" the man opened the door right away, before I could even finish my sentence.

 

___________________________________________

Hey guys!!!!!!! I might be able to update faster because now my parents think that I have lots of "homework" from school. So ple