Chapter 8

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

"Here's the spaghetti I made, you wanna try it?" I nodded. For some reason my stomach hurts.

"Here, it's hot. So..." When I took a bite, I was unaware that it was hot, even though I heard him say that it was hot, but my stomach feels weird and I thought I was hungry.

"Ahh! My wif howts!" He quickly rushed to the sink and grabbed a towel and soaked it with cold water. Then he rushed to me and dabbed my lips. I know, my lips!

"You know, you need to be more aware next time. You even promised me that you would be more cautious." he said.

"But that was for walking on the sidewalk to school."

"I know, but you don't really want me to take care and watch over you all the time, right?" I knew what that answer was, and again, I don't even know if it's right or wrong to say "No, I do want you to take care of me" or "No, I really need you to watch over me" but I don't really know what to say to him right then.

I couldn't exactly answer because he was so close to me. Our lips were like, I don't know, a few inches away? But he was so close to me that his breath sent shivers down my spine and I could smell his scent. He smelled like an ocean breeze near a field of flowers, and it smelled different then all of the other sweaty guys during gym class. The moment was just different.

I didn't know what I was seeing, until he was inching closer to me. My stomach was turning into a knot, when I noticed that he stopped dabbing at my lips and were staring straight at them. It felt weird that we formally met today, but it felt like we've known each other for years.

His lips were exactly an inch away from my lips, and I didn't know what to do. I was trapped between him and the kitchen counter. Why do I have to be in this sitution right now? I know, I actually want to kiss him, but you know I want to get to know him first. But then I found myself inching closer.

Our lips brushed, just a tiny bit. You couldn't really feel it, but I felt it, and I know we kind of "kissed". And we only backed away for one specific reason.

"Hyung!" Kai yelled and just walked in on us without any proper consent. Did he really have to ruin my moment? MY moment?!

"Uh, yeah? What do you need?" Kyungsoo said innocently while backing away.

"I'm just hungry, that's all." Kai said with a dark voice. So he's the one that doesn't feel good? Really, you ruined my moment so I'm supposed to be the one that doesn't feel good!

"Well, why don't you just get it yourself. Your not a baby, and Kyungsoo isn't your babysitter!" I said and walked off all mad.

I eavesdropped on their conversation while hiding in the hallway near the kitchen.

"Did you just hear that? She just called you 'Kyungsoo'?!"

"...And why should you be so worried about it?"

"Because, you usually don't let people call you by your real name."

"So."

"So? Kyungsoo-ah, she's a girl. You can't exactly trust her. What are you trying to do anyways? I caught you guys making out a few minutes ago!"

"We weren't making out. And why would you be so worried about it? It's clearly none of your business."

"I know it's not. But hyung, you can't exactly trust her a few days after meeting her. And besides, you don't know if she's just going to leave you once she knows your real life. Especially after your ex-girlfriend did the same just two years ago. She's going to tear you down, just like what your ex did." Was that really what he thought of me.

"And do you have any proof that she's actually going to do that?!"

"Well, you didn't know that your ex-girlfriend was cheating on you for two straight years either!"

"Guys, cool down! The neighbors can hear you!" I could tell by the voice that it was Suho. "And we could here you in the living room too!"

"Sorry hyung, I'm going to look for Jessica." I could hear his footsteps coming closer. Shoot, where am I supposed to hide.

"Come in here." said a voice from behind me. It was Chanyeol, the guy that looked like he was on crack. I had no choice, and I didn't want Kyungsoo to know that I was eavesdropping on their fight. So I had to follow him.

***

"Thanks. Chanyeol."

"You're welcome. I didn't want to get in trouble either, because of course, I was also eavesdropping." I smiled, this guy wasn't that bad.

"Jessica!" Kyungsoo shouted.

"She's in here!" Chanyeol said while picking up his guitar. Kyungsoo came in and looked at us, curiously. He's probably wondering why we were in a room together, alone.

"I was just showing Jessica my guitar and I was just telling her how I would always bring my guitar everywhere I would go." he said with a bright smile. "Right?" I nodded.

"Uh, okay. Well I'll drop Jessica home because it's getting late."

"No, it's okay. I'll just walk home."

"I insist. I don't really trust you walking on the side walk again, especially at night." I just nodded. 

And here comes the awkward ride home!

 

_______________________________________________

 

Here's a KyungSica moment. I know some of you guys were looking forward to it, and it's pretty early in the story but there's always a reason when things happen... anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it! ^^