Chapter 1

The Story of a Not-So-Romantic Girl

What is Love? No, really, what is it? Many couples would say it's their girlfriend/boyfriend. The girls at my highschool might think its the 12 hottest boys in a group called Exo. But others say its a piece of that just came into you life to ruin you. That's my theory. When I was 10, my parents got a divorce. Every night they would be fighting over some stupid deal like, "Why didn't you come home on time?" or "Why don't you help me around the house?" or "Why won't you ever help our own family?" Every single night I hear these fights, and every single night I cry myself to sleep, hoping that someday they could just stop all their complaining and we could all forgive ourselves and actually live the life of a normal family. Whenever they are around me, they act all sweet and in love, but when I'm not there, all they do is just fight. There's always a bad side to a love story that nobody reads or pays attention to. And whenever that happens, that makes you think, "Why did I have to fall in love?" To me, I think love shouldn't exist. I just don't believe in it after what happened to my parents.

 

Another example of "the bad side" of love was when my bestfriend, Yuri, got dumped by her stupid boyfriend. He's a player, and I told her not to fall for his trap, but I think she already did. She wept every night, and now she's far away and lives in San Francisco with her parents. I truly miss her because she was the only person I could talk to after I parents broke up. Now, I'm just a loner, with no friends, and people to tell my problems to. And that leads me to school...

 

Okay, let me introduce myself. My name is Jessica Jung and I attend Golden Diamond High. I know, it's the worst name since Gold can't really be diamonds. Anyways, that name represents the students that shine the brightest, and thats where 12 of the most "smartest, talented and handsome" guys of South Korea learn. They are all stuck up, and I don't really get why these girls (not me) "love" them so much. Well, they are good at singing and dancing, and I guess they are smart, but looks can always be deceiving. They are the reason why my life . All of the girls love them, and that's pretty much what they all care about, nobody else. And that's the reason why I'm just another person sitting in the corner that nobody bothers to talk to. Every week there would be an assembly where the boys show off their stuff. And you do not know how loud the whole school gets. Even the senior boys bow down to them! I really don't know how this started, but it gets really annoying.

 

Exo lives on the third floor of Golden Diamond High. Which is the top floor. Nobody dares to go there, not even the teachers because if the owner of the school finds out they could get their butts whooped and all the gossip would start spreading around. It's mostly because Suho's dad owns the whole school and he lets Suho and his group live there. Oh, didn't I mentioned that they were spoiled to? Well they are! All the teachers love them, like "love" them. They love them so much that they wouldn't care if they skipped a day at school, or even a month! All the guy teachers like them too, which because we get the hardest things to do while they don't have to lift a finger. I really hate these guys, like a lot!

 

Oh crap! I need to go. Mrs. Shin is going to kill me if she finds me zoning out again. Gotta go! Toodles! Just kidding, I'm not that kind of girl, I'm an average girl that doesn't have a fangirling disease.

 

*THWACK*

 

"Mrs. Jung! Are you zoning out again? I told you to read the first paragraph on page 225! You better pay attention or else you're going to the principle's office!" The rest of the class snickered. What was I doing? Was I talking to somebody or something? Gosh, I think I'm going to go crazy because of school and this lady!

"Okay, Mrs. Shin. I'll pay attention." Then I began reading.

As I was reading, I was wondering what I was thinking about. I can't even remember! Oh yeah, it was "that". Those 12 boys that make my life more stressful. Gosh, why was I thinking about them?! Aish, I hate myself. I guess because they are one of the only things that make me want to puke and kill myself. But I'll make sure to puke, and then kill myself. Hopefully I could angle my mouth so I could puke on them before commiting suicide...

"Mrs. Jung!"

"Yes, Mrs. Shin!"

"I asked 'What will you do about your problem?'" What problem? I don't have any problems, she's the one that keeps yelling at kids to pay attention even though we might not use this information in the future.

"Uh... What problem?"

"Uhm... THE PROBLEM THAT YOU NEVER PAY ATTENTION?!" I do pay attention! But then I just realized that class time was over and I was alone with this monster.

"Sorry Mrs. Shin. I just got a lot going on this week." Not really...

"Okay, I guess I'll have to forgive you. I know how you feel." Wow, that's the first.

"In highschool, I had lots of things to do I had sports clubs, and student council, and homework, and..." She played sports! Damn, I couldn't even imagine her holding a basketball or a puny little golfball. And if you just look at talking away, you could see that it's going 100 miles per hour. Why does she talk so fast. And look at her messy lipstick! She kind of looks like a hooker or a ...

"Mrs. Jung! Are you zoning out again?"

"Uh..."

Just then one of the Exo dudes came in with a stack of papers. I'm guessing it was Kai. He's probably here to flirt with our "young" teacher.

"Hi Mrs. Shin! I'm just here to tell you that I couldn't finish up my homework and I need a little more time to do it. Is that okay with you if I turn it in next week Wenesday?" He then smirked at her. What?! Today is Monday! Gosh, he's so spoiled. And I think I already know what she's going to say...

"Sure, in fact you could bring it in whenever you want. I don't mind." She said scratching her head. Yep, I knew she was going to say that. But really, how could she? He skipped class today and now he wants more time? Ugh, he disgusts me!

"Thanks Mrs. Shin!" he said with a wink. Then he smirked at me. Gosh, this guy sure is killing me!

Then I sneakily ran to the door and away from that monster.