Nightmare

MyungYeon One-Shot Fanfics Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Myungsoo and Jiyeon's baby is coming out earlier than expected...


Myungsoo: “Wha-what’s wrong sweetheart?”
He asked in panic seeing his wife uncomfortably shifting at her seat. His right hand carefully reached her left knee as he was trying to get a response from her.
Jiyeon: “It…ouch…it hurts Myungsoo! Something's wrong, it hurts so bad!”
Her face was totally contorted in pain and Myungsoo could not hide the horror at his face when he heard her stuttered response. He hastily stopped the car at the sideway and tried to calm her down. He rubbed her belly and tried to tell her to breathe in order to get her talk to him. But she came out with nothing, the more she tried to talk, the more she felt like passing out because of the sudden pain piercing her whole belly. The only thing she could do was just clasping onto her husband’s hand while her other free hand clutched her harden lower abdomen.

Myungsoo: “You can’t be in labor, right?”
He tried to stress out the fact that the pain wasn’t labor related since he’s pretty conscious about how long have she's been carrying the baby.
Myungsoo: “It’s still your 30th, you can’t be in labor this fast~ maybe it’s just a Braxton hicks contraction, try to breathe normally sweetheart…”
He gestured her to breathe but things didn’t get any better. In fact, it worsen when she realized a trickle of reddish liquid oozed down her leg.
Jiyeon: “Myungsoo…..it’s blood…”
She cried out as she groggily took a peek of what’s happening down there.
Jiyeon: “It’s blood…..it’s bleeding…ouch! Myungsoo, it’s blood! Oh my God!” she screamed in pain.
Myungsoo: “W-what?” He asked anxiously. He could really feel that his heart stopped at the words ‘blood’. He quickly checked the space between her legs and yes, it was blood. He mentally freaked out but tried to remain calm in front of her because he awfully aware that him being freaking out would only worsen her and the baby’s condition.
Myungsoo: “Oh my God! What’s happening?!” He then started the car engine and turned back to the hospital in panic.

Just as soon as they arrived at the hospital, Myungsoo helped Jiyeon unbuckled the seatbelt and carried her out of the car. It didn’t took so long when Jiyeon suddenly was surrounded by nurses and other paramedics. They lifted her to the stretcher and put an oxygen mask around , not to mention also injected a pretty big IV needle to her vein. She winced as the needle painfully pierced her trembling hand, but then she felt a bit relieved when she felt something warm wrapped her hand. It’s Myungsoo, he was beside her all the time, not to mention slightly running as he tried to keep up with her stretcher which raced to the OB/GYN emergency room at full speed.

Nurse: “I’m sorry Sir, but you have to wait here."
Myungsoo scrunched his face in disagree when one of the paramedics tried to block him from the entrance.
Myungsoo: “She’s my wife, please just let me in.” he said, trying hard to be as composed as he could be.
Myungsoo: “Please…she’s in so much pain..I—I need to be there….” He said again in a softer tone, almost as soft as a plea.
Nurse: “I’m so sorry Sir, but the hospital regulations says so.” she consistently tried to forbid Myungsoo at the entrance.
In the end, Myungsoo ended up at the waiting room. As soon as the door’s closed, he collapsed at the waiting bench near the ER and buried his head frustratedly in his hands. The next minute he found himself pacing the waiting area, impatiently waiting for the doctors to come out to tell him how’s his wife doing. Just then, Myungsoo noticed a guy in white coat who pretty much looks like the ER on call doctor at the time came out from the swinging door and that guy was looking for Myungsoo. He instantly rushed the doctor and asked him with a worried face.

Myungsoo: “I’m her husband. How is she doing? Sh-she didn’t lose the baby, did she?” he asked him in a somber tone. He of course didn’t want anything bad happen to the love of his life and their baby, but deep inside he knew that somehow the real purpose of the doctor coming out looking for him was not to tell him a good news. He just knew it from the way the doctor tried to dodge his eyes as they talked.
Doctor: “Mr. Kim, your wife went into preterm labor and she’s hemorrhaging now. We need to do an emergency caesarean section immediately if there’s any hope in saving her and the baby.” the doctor tried to sound as calm as possible in case Myungsoo’s gonna freaking out.
Myungsoo: “A-are you saying that there’s a possibility that...” He paused. He literally felt choked as he slowly registered the sentence that doctor told him earlier in a further elaboration.
Myungsoo: "Are you saying that she could die?"
Doctor: “I’m so sorry to tell you this, but that's exactly what’s gonna happen if we didn’t do the c-section immediately, Not only your wife but it could also put your baby in a more dangerous situation.”
Myungsoo couldn’t breathe. He didn’t even know what would he do if Jiyeon and their baby die. 'What would he tell her parents?' 'What would he could even possibly do without her?' How would he go on if there’s no Jiyeon?' All those questions started eating him alive. He needs Jiyeon, he needs her so bad and there's no way he could live without her.
Doctor: “Mr. Kim, we need your permission to go ahead with the procedure,” the doctor brought Myungsoo back to his senses.
Myungsoo: "Just do whatever you need to save my wife and our baby." he told him. The doctor handed him a paper and told him to sign it. The doctor nodded after Myungsoo signed the paper and rushed back to the room.

Myungsoo sat down at the bench as soon as the doctor rushed back to the room. He didn’t think his weary legs were still strong enough to support him any longer. He could have sworn he felt his surroundings was spinning around and tears blurred his vision. For the first time in his life, he felt his whole world crashing into pieces.It was hell for him, it was hell for him to be seated at that bench waiting for the doctor to come out. Waiting for the doctor to come out to either tell him the bad news or the good news, it's all by 50:50 now. The fact that the doctor mentioned that there's a possibility of his wife and child to die t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter