Chapter 3

Unpredictable

 

chapter 3; battle of wits
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   I don't trust you

Kyuhyun

I went to the left side of the elevator as the man who greeted me on the right side, with his companion. We kept silent the whole time as we waited to reach the topmost of the building which is my penthouse.

I went out first and the guy named Lee Donghae followed. He stopped as I turned around. "Do you need something? This is a private area so I think you got in the wrong place."

He chuckled as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I have a meeting with the owner of this building which I pressume... you."

I lifter my brows. Arrogant. "Oh... so you're the owner of Starks Motors?"

I huff in frustration. I dislike rude people but I have to bear with him to get what I want.

Once were inside the conference room.

I called my secretary to bring the necessary things for our closed door meeting. I told him also to inform the supplier that we're waiting. 

As I entered the conference room, both men were actually roaming around, analyzing every details inside my place. The other guy, who he called Lee Hyukjae noticed me and he approached me with a bright smile.

"Sorry for being rude. I haven't introduced myself properly. I'm Lee Hyukjae, finance and marketing manager of Starks Motors." He offered his hand that I accepted cheerfully. At least this guy knows how to be humble.

"Cho Kyuhyun." I answered.

"So... what's your plan?" Lee Donghae rudely asked, still standing, with a smug on his face. "Are you going to bribe me so that I will sell the rights of the design that I made?"

The supplier entered the room, followed by my secretary and handed the folder to me. "I don't need to bribe. And for your information, that design was originally mine. I'm just too confident to trust one of my people that I didnt know can betray me and sell the designs to you with a cheap amount."

Lee Donghae laughed which made my blood boil a few knots. I'm starting to get pissed. If he wouldn't give back the rights for the new car design then I'll let my lawyer deal with him.

"Tsk tsk. You should be careful of the people you trust. Well, let me tell you something, Kyu. Can I call you, Kyu?" He asked me.

"No. I prefer we stay formal, Mr. Lee. Only my wife can call me Kyu," I answered.

He brushed off his hand, ignoring what I said. "Anyways, I'm not here to argue with you. I'm here to make a deal with you."

"Deal? What kind of deal?"

I couldnt contain my frustrations. "If your not going to give back the design then I wont waste my precious time here," I stood up, anger rose to my chest.

"Mr. Cho, I'm offering you a partnership..." he told me.

"What kind of partnership?" I said to Donghae. 

"What if we collaborate together? We will use your original design and will be credited to you" He said to me.

I think twice, what if he will use me for his intensions? I don't know if I will accept this. To be truth that he was one of my biggest rival in this industry

"So what do you think Mr. Cho?" He asked smirking at me

"And what made you so sure that I will agree to your proposal?" I glanced at him.

"Cause you been in this industry longer than mine? You know experiences?" He said making a dangerous eye contact at me

"I don't trust you," I glared.

"Why do you think I will bring you down Mr. Cho?" He said while smirking

Should I accept it? I don't want to regret it later on. It's not that I am scared but i don't want to regret anything nor everything.

 

After a couple of hours, Lee Donghae and his sidekick Lee Hyukjae battled to win an agreement with me, I decided to accept his offer which I know is some sort of stupidity.

Who in the right mind would accept an offer to the one of his greatest rival in the industry?

"I have to call my lawyer first," I pulled my phone and was about to dial when my secretary peeped at the door.

 

 

 

"Mr Cho, your wife is here..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

The Edited version of Chapter 3
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )