Chapter 12

Unpredictable

 

chapter 12; family
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  It's okay. We'll take care of you. We're your new family

Hyukjae

I drove the car to our garage and saw the glint of excitement in Donghae's eyes.

Yes, he was fierce when it comes to business but Donghae has this soft spot for family. His inner child was more precious than any material things in this world.

He lost his parents when he was 12, a tragic accident that left him devastated and lost. Being the only child of a business tycoon and a former fashion model, where Donghae got his traits, we found him in his saddest day of his life.

We were having a monthly visit to an orphanage which my mom doing for the past ten years, there we saw him sitting alone beside the tree playing with his hand. I approached him but he rejected me.

The owner of the orphanage told his story to my parents, and being kindhearted, eomma and appa decided to adopt him, for me to have a brother and a playmate. I got excited hearing it from them as I am the only child.

At first, it was difficult. He didn't want to go with us but when I approached him and tell him that, "It's okay. We'll take care of you. We're your new family."

He cried loudly upon hearing that from me, he jumped and hugged me so tight.

Since then, whatever my parents have for me, I shared with Donghae. I know he missed his parents so much because sometimes I caught him staring blankly with tears running from his eyes.

The sudden blow on my chest which made me gasp for air return me from my reminiscing.

"Yah! Aren't you coming? I wanna see mom and dad!" Donghae whined.

"Damn you and your heavy fist," I grunted.

 

 

 

 

 

"Eomma!!!!!!" He yelled from the door as he removed his shoes.

I stepped out of the car and followed Donghae.

Mom hurriedly went out from the kitchen with the serving spoon in her hand, a little bit panicked as she heart Donghae's yell.

"What? What is it? Something wrong my east sea?" Mom approached him and the brat hugged her so tight and lifted her in the air.

"Aigoo, aigoo! I felt dizzy!" Mom protested.

"I missed you, eomma~" Donghae grinned and gave her a peck on the cheeks.

I just shrugged my shoulders and chuckled. I shoul've feel jealous but mom know's that Donghae needs more attention than me. He needed so much love from a family because it was taken from him when he was young.

"Yah! Hyukjae! Aren't you going to greet your mom?" The old woman glared at me and smacked my head. Donghae stuck out his tongue and hugged my mom from behind.

"Eomma!" I protested as I caressed my painful head.

I went to Donghae and gave him back the smack that I received from mom. "It's your fault."

"Awww!" Donghae pouted.

"Now, now. Go get yourselves ready and let's eat dinner," dad went downstairs with a cheeky smile.

"Appa!!!" Donghae ran towards him and hugged him tight.

I rolled my eyes. "How old are you again, Donghae?"

He didn't answer me. We all went to the dining table and savor the goodness of mom's cooking.


Donghae

I'm so happy when Hyukjae told me that mom and dad were here. I am seeing them once in a while so the excitement of seeing his parents was precious to me.

We sat on the dining table and chatted.

"How's your business, Hae?" Mom asked and I glanced at Hyukjae before answering them.

"It's doing well. Sales are up and we're currently on a big project with Cho Kyuhyun."

Dad was nodding. "Wow, you're leveling up now, Hae. Seoul Motors is huge in automobiles industry. I'm so proud to both of you."

"So, when are you going to introduce us to your girlfriend? I don't trust Hyukjae in this case. He might end up an old spinster with his personality," Mom eyeing on Hyukjae.

"Eomma! I can't find the right girl, okay? Don't push my luck," he sighed and I snorted. He punched my left arm.

"If you can't find a girlfriend, then what about boyfriend?" Mom was grinning.

"EOMMA!!! STOP IT!" Hyukjae was tomato red. He was embarassed and I am literally laughing out loud.

Dad nudged mom to stop teasing Hyukjae. Then she eyed on me.

"And what about you?" She lifted her brows. "You both are not getting any younger. You should share your fortunes and success to special someone."

"You know I haven't fall in love yet, eomma. I'm still finding the right girl," I continued eating.

Hyukjae snorted.

"Mom, don't rush them, look at Hyukjae. He broke his heart with his first love just because he said he wasn't rich enough to marry that pretty volleyball captain," Dad said.

"Appa, did you know that Donghae have hots for that pretty volleyball captain?" I was taken aback by his sudden attack. This cunning monkey!

"Oh, really? You met her?" Mom was surprised.

"We met her at Seoul Motors Company," I answered.

"And? Did you make a move?" Mom was pretty interested.

"She's married to Cho Kyuhyun eomma," I answered lazily.

"Whoah... that lucky boy." Mom commented that made me pout. Yeah, so damn lucky that I wanna wipe off those smirk that he gave me.

We finished dinner and I volunteered to wash the dishes which made Hyukjae gasped in horror.

"Are you having seizures?" He touched my forehead, checking if my temperature rises and I smacked his hand.

" off!" I snarled.

"Whoah, whoah! Watch your mouth! Or I'm gonna tell mom and dad," Hyukjae threatened me.

"Try and I'm gonna tell mom that you are eyeing on Attorney Sungmin," I dared him.

His eyes grew bigger. "W-what are you saying! He's a guy for god's sake!"

"Yeah, you like the guy, I can see in your sparkling eyes," I threw some bubbled soap on his face.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Awww! Noona thanks for writing this chappy ~ Hahaha! She really ships HyukMin gaaawwd! HAHAHA! But I will be forever EunHae Stan \(^__^)/ So we all know Donghae's past aigoo thanks to Hyukjae ~^^

Don't forget to comment and subscribe ;)
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )