Nine

Friends.

 

“I’m sorry, but I have to admit your son has Lymphoma.” There were four of them, one of them was crying so hard, and one of them was hugging the cried one. The other one was calm and steady, and the other one just lowered his head down.

“The symptoms are all leading to this kind of disease so we have made a conclusion based on the results.

“Lymphoma is a type of cancer that develops from lymphocytes, which is a white blood cell. Because of this, your son has to undergo some treatments which like; chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, and hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Mr. Zhang will have frequet fever and night sweats and he will quickly feel tired. My advice is, he needs to quit dancing for a moment and undergo the procedures.” Doctor Park, who is in charge of Lay was calm  while facing Lay’s parents and manager hyung. Mrs. Zhang was already sobbing at the corner. The facts that she had to admit, was so hard to swallow.

“And one more thing, Mr. Zhang cannot get a cut or move too freely. He will quickly bruise and bleed and it’s hard to stop the bleeding,”

“Is there a hope for him to survive?” Lay’s father came out with a question after they ended up silent for a while.

“Depends on his will. Hodgkin Lymphoma are the cancer that most curable. You just need be prepare on everything that might happen.”

Manager hyung knew that this is the end. Before Mr. CEO knew about this, he knew that Lay’s positions in Exo aren’t secured enough.

Exactly 15 minutes after being tense in Doctor Park’s room, Mr. & Mrs. Zhang came out of the room with manager hyung. They decided to take a seat at the lobby. Mrs. Zhang was crying continuously while ignored the surrounding. Manager hyung ran to the café nearby and came back few minutes with two cups of warm black coffee. He then put the coffees in front of Lay’s parents.

Mr. Zhang looked at him. “Can we bring him back to China for a while?”

Manager hyung sighed before he answered the question, “I think he can,”

“How long does it takes?”

“Depends. The company will organize everything and I don’t know when.”

“Did the boys know?”

“Not yet. I’m going to tell them later, after we have our lunch at home after this,”

“Okay.”

 

****

8

They ate their lunch exactly at 3 pm. nobody protest and nobody asked anything why they’re late. Manager hyung came and ate with the rest of the boys and only Mr. Zhang. Mrs. Zhang had already been in the guest room, so Kris and Suho and the others smell something’s not right.

They ate and ate without any noise until Kyungsoo got up and walked to the sink. He began to clean everything one by one, while Suho and Baekyun along with Chen helping him cleaned up both the dining table and th kitchen. The rest of them were at the living room, helping Mr. Zhang to got in his and Mrs. Zhang’s luaggages.

“Boys, come here.” Manager Hyung summoned everyone and in one go, all of them gathered at the living room. All of them sat on the floor; only manager hyung and Mr. Zhang were sat on th couch.

“Listen to what I’m gonna say. Lay is totally sick now; its Hodgkin Lymphoma stage 2.”

Everyone were startled and stunned on their places. When Tao heard the word ‘sick’, automatically he cried on his knee.

“But don’t worry; he can recover if we make him keep moving.” He continued.

“How long does it takes?” Kris took the courage and asked, as he wanted to know so badly.

“Depends on him and us. I’m trying to deal with the new CEO and the company as well. Lay can go back to Changsa for a while.” He turned to Mr. Zhang, “And uncle, I know he may go back but it will takes time. CEO is not here now, so he can’t go back before he gets back here,”

“I know.”

“Suho, I wanna go back to the company. You handle everything here with Kris. Don’t let everyone go out.”

“Alright,” Only Kris who responded to the instruction.

Then, they went back to their room, one by one.

 

****

 

Chen was a bit interested when he saw two nurses were helping each other in front of him. They put on a Brunula, a tube that can supply meds direct through the body. Lay was sleeping on his bed, seems too comfy and aren’t distrubed by the surrounding.

Then, Kai came in with Baekhyun with two plastic bags in Baek’s hands. Kai sat in front of him, crossed his leg and faced the nurses.  Baek put the bags down and took a seat next to Chen.

Chen smiled warmly as the nurses have done their work and wanted to go out. Three of them bowed, so do the nurses.

Baekhyun walked to the toilet and came out with a wet towel. Chen stood up and began to the toilet as well, to wash his hand and to get his stomach full with the foods that Baekhyun brought.

Baekhyun began to wipe Lay’s arms, his face, his chest and lastly his legs. He hasn’t got up all day since the morning. They can’t see him in the morning as he had gone through hard and tired check-ups. Both Mr. and Mrs. Zhang have gone home and Chen decided to stay, to take turn and to make them rest.

It’s 5 pm and Lay looked like he has no interest to wake up.

Kai got up and walked to the bed. He sat right next to Lay while Baekhyun sat on the left. “You such like his mother, hyung.” He complimented and Baekhyun smiled with half of his lips as responded to Kai’s compliment.

“We don’t have much time,” Baekhyun smirked but he doesn’t even look at Kai.

Kai suddenly grabbed Lay’s hand and play with it. “Cold,” he said. Baekhyun gave a glanced but not saying anything. He continued looking at Lay who he never imagines will end up like this.

Chen came to them, “Looks like he will sleep all day,”

“Do we have any schedule today?” Kai asked, demanded an answer from any of them.

Baekhyun nodded, “Music bank,”

“We need to go at 12. So, are you gonna stay here?” Chen inquired while directed his view to Kai.

“Sehun said that he will come by today after he finished his magazine interview,”

Chen stretched his whole body while standing. Kai just laughed when he heard some ugly moans came from Chen’s. Baekhyun walked to the toilet, to clean up the towel that he just used.

“Yah!” Kai screamed, but not so loud until Chen turned to him.

Baekhyun’s head popped at the toilet’s door, “Why what’s wrong?”

“Ah Lay hyung,” Chen said. Kai’s face a bit bright when he saw Lay had waked up. “Wants some water?”

Lay refused, held one of his hands that had Brunula on it. Kai looked at his hand, and he noticed Lay still hold his hand. “Cold, isn’t it?” He asked sounds so weak to Kai’s ears.

“Don’t talk.” He patted Lay’s hand and that’s what makes Lay laughed a bit.

“At least you’re laughing,”

Lay stopped laughing and asked Kai to help him makes the bed a bit high. Baekhyun came out and smile happily when he saw Lay had awake.

“You wanna eat something, hyung?” Lay refused, again. No appetite, he says.

“Aren’t the fans following you guys here?” He asked while looking at three of them.

“Some of them, but don’t worry hyung. They’ll never pass it through. Suho hyung had prepared some of his bodyguards at the door.”

Lay can’t believe for a while until Chen spoke up, “Seriously hyung. He’s not kidding.”

“And one more thing, your doctor said to your parents and me before that you can go back within two days if you’re fit enough.”

Then, three of them could see a light appeared in Lay’s innocent eyes.