Twelve

Friends.

After all those checkups and x-rays, this is the first chemotherapy he ever felt in his life. As time passed by so slow for him, he couldn’t get sleep until now. The pains kept come and go. Sometimes when he felt a bit relief, than the stings came again to his entire body. As a result, he can’t even sleep or reducing his pain as he just can lid helplessly on his bed.

Thankfully there’s still more people came and helped him. His parents don’t know about this first chemo, when he actually doesn’t even want them to know.  

Hot tears came out from his pool of eyes as he can’t stand the pain anymore. He wanted to shouted, but too afraid he might wake Xiumin up who was sleeping tiredly on the couch. He felt like his hand was burning entirely and then he just decided to reach the wet tissues that are not far from him.

“Min Ge,” he called, at last when he can’t even get what he wanted at that kind of short distance.

“Min Ge,” he called again, with his throaty sick voice.

“Ge,” He called again and gave up as Xiumin doesn’t show any sign that he will wake up by that kind of sick voices came out from his mouth. He then just straightens his hand out and drove into his sleep.

 

//

 

At four in the morning, not that exact actually, Lay woke up from him painful sleep. He stills felt his hand was burning again, through the bones. And at the end of the painful yet burning hand, Lay could felt a warm hand wrapped his hand.

“I saw you crying in your sleep just now,” Xiumin said, with a smile drawn on his face.

Lay tried to get up, but the breathing tube on his nose makes him felt more sick, way more annoyed than this chemo. At the end of the moment, Xiumin pushed the button to high up the bed a little.

“More?” He asked, and Lay quickly refused.

“Can you….put…a wet towel…on me?” Lay asked with his throaty voice that doesn’t yet disappeared.

Xiumin quickly got up by the request. He began to get a towel from the cabinet and went straight to the sink. Then he put the wet towel on Lay’s hand, massage a little bit, and as he wanted Lay felt comfortable enough.

“They say you’ll end in few hours more.” Xiumin stated. Both of Lay’s eye lids became heavy again.  “Okay, you just listen on what I’m gonna tell you, okay?”

Lay just smiled, helplessly. He had already turned to the left, looking deep into Xiumin’s sharp eyes.

“We still can’t go out to Hangang like what we used to. Yesterday, sasaengs broke into our house, again.”

Pause. Xiumin hold on to his breath few seconds before he continued.

“They come to find you. Thankfully you’re here and I’m glad there’s nothing happen.”

“The internet is so crazy at this moment. Rumors are all over the web. You shouldn’t look at them, at all okay. And manager hyung said to me that you’re going to be in here for another two weeks.”

“Did my…parents…call….me?”

“Few times, but manager hyung still said that we’re busy working.” Xiumin holds on Lay’s left hands that being surrounded by tubes. “We aren’t going to do anything after this. No more comeback, no more shows. They say we just need to wait another announces from the BOD.”

“So…I’m leaving…” he said, while starring at the empty walls.

“You just need to get better,” Xiumin used his left hand to wipe off his tears. “And we’ll leaving.”

Lay just hugged and puts his head on Xiumin’s arm, as it was his father’s arm.