Ten

Friends.

He does really miss his mother. Looking at how Mrs. Zhang treated them meals and how Mrs. Zhang feed Lay some herbs porridge that he likes, Kris felt so jealous until he felt like he wanted to cry so bad.

Everyone started to eat, but the atmosphere slightly different before. When they saw Lay was smiling brightly to each of them, Baekhyun felt comfortable to make some jokes. Chen can freely laughed, so does Luhan and Tao when Mr. Zhang made some lame jokes in Chinese that they’re familiar with.

Lay doesn’t eat on his own. He doesn’t hold his chopsticks on his hand. All the foods that got into his mouth were all by his mother. He’s a bit awkward to be such a baby but everyone just ignore. They understand.

A mother is always being a mother.  As the boys had done eating, Mrs. Zhang went straight to the kitchen and began to do the dishes. Kyungsoo saw it and wanted to help. He then ended up being in the kitchen with Mrs. Zhang. He likes Lay’s mother so much, as she reminds him of his mother so well.

Lay and the rest of the boys were on the living room. He lied on the floor with Chanyeol, while Baekhyun were sitting at the couch with Mr. Zhang and Suho. They’re watching SNL Korea together and Kris, also with Luhan being an interpreter to Lay’s father. Lay lied on Chanyeol’s arm while directed his eyes towards the TV.

Mrs. Zhang came with a tray of fruits. Suho gave a seat to her and move aside to Xiumin. Luhan had already sleeping at the corner of the living room while the others keep watching SNL Korea till th end. Kyungsoo then later joined them together.

And there they are, twelve boys with parents.

“Uncle, when is your flight?” Tao asked.

“7 pm, and we need to be there by 5 pm at least,”

Suho asked Kris to translate it and Suho quickly stated, “We’ll at least drop you by at the airport,”

“Sure, why not.” Mr. Zhang smile to his ears. Tao being explained to them that they’ll drop him and his wife at least to the airport. Lay didn’t follow; he still had to obey the contract and he needs to wait at least a month for him to go back to Changsa.

“You guys need to take care of him,” Mrs. Zhang reminded gently. All of them just smiled, and nobody dare to tell them what they had to go through.

“You guys needs to work hard, and eat more.” They just smiled when they heard Mrs. Zhang little advice. Kris then remembered his mother and he got up.

“So I guess we should take a nap shall we?” Mr. Zhang then got up with his wife, followed by Kai and Xiumin who were so sleepy. Chanyeol then wanted to follow but he called Baekhyun, asking for a pillow that Baekhyun was holding.

“Why?” He asked, doesn’t let go of th pillow even Chanyeol had already gave his hand to Baekhyun.

Chanyeol just pointed his finger to Lay. Baekhyun then understand and gave to him.

As Chanyeol had removed his arm, he stood up on his back and patted Kris tight. “I give him to you.” He smirked.

Kris laughed slightly when he faced Chanyeol’s derp face. Kris just ignored the boys one by one left the living room until Tao remains there with him and Lay.

“I miss my mum,” said Tao when the only remain voice was from the TV.

Kris slightly sigh, “Chinese New Year is coming, Tao.”

“Well I know. Perhaps it’s the last Chinese new year?”

“Why do you keep saying the last?” Kris’s really annoyed and got up. Tao fell to the left as Kris didn’t gave any warn at him. Kris walked past Lay who was sleeping coldly on the floor.

Tao then got afraid when Kris left him alone with Lay. Only the sound of TV was filling the empty living room. Outside, its way darker than last 3 hours Tao was there, enjoying his food with Lay’s parents. He began to imagine scary things while he was alone.

Gladly Tao saw Kris came back with blankets and pillows. Kris glares at him, “Don’t want to help me?”

Tao began to spread the blankets at the empty wide living room. Kris kneels in besides Lay and shook Lay few times. “Hey wake up unicorn. It’s cold here.”

As Kris didn’t get any respond from Lay, he just covered Lay with blanket. He then lied on the couch. Tao lied besides Lay.

Kris just drove away to the dreamland as he mumbled few songs in his mind.

 

****

It’s 4 am and Lay suddenly woke up from his sleep. He felt cold and walked slowly to his room to get sweater to heat himself as Tao was sleeping next to him. After getting what he wants, he then opened up his parent’s door. He woke up his mother until she got up.

“What’s it son?” she asked with a course tone. Lay chuckled and whispered to his mother, “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

“What?” she said, can’t believed that his 22 years old son asked her to sleep together. “Like a kid,” she commented and all she can heard was Lay’s chuckled besides her.

“Ask your father then,”

Lay moved to the other side of the bed. He shook his father gently like what he did to her mother until his father woke up. “What?” he responded.

“Can I sleep with you tonight?” Lay asked with the lowest voice he had. He waited for his father woke up and lean his back on the headboard. Mr. Zhang snorted as he was force to wake up in the middle of the nights. He glanced at his wife and she gave him signed to allow their bachelor son to sleep in the middle between him and his wife.

“Go on,” he decided. He could see his son’s face shines with joy. Lay slowly jumped on the bed and lied between his father and his mother. Few seconds after that, he could heard his father snored again. He giggled without any voice.

“Son,” his mother called him directly to his ears. Lay turned to the left, where his mother was.

“Hmmm?”

“Are you that happy?”

“Too happy Ma, somehow I wanna use Tao’s imaginary superpower to stop the time now.”

“Let’s live till the end, okay?”

Even in the lightless night, with only the light from the washroom that showered only a little to his mum’s face, Lay smiled gratefully for spending that night with his parents before they go back to Changsa tomorrow. He stretched out his leg mumbled few songs which was Mrs. Zhang favorite until he slept.

To Mr. Zhang who didn’t actually sleeping, smiling while closing his eyes.